Civics are so addicting... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Civics are so addicting... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by InfamousSXL civics are slow, most are in the 16+ time range and shouldnt be racing (like the ...

Originally posted by InfamousSXL
    civics are slow, most are in the 16+ time range and shouldnt be racing (like the civic ex you raced)

just watch out for the rare h22a/b18c swapped ones...
    ...but you never know how well a Civic will do unless you race it. This guy on here had a sleeper Civic. It looked like a POS, but ran in the 10s. Now tht's crazy fast
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WRXin'
    ...but you never know how well a Civic will do unless you race it. This guy on here had a sleeper Civic. It looked like a POS, but ran in the 10s. Now tht's crazy fast
    too bad those are so just plain flat out rare.

Originally posted by InfamousSXL
    too bad those are so just plain flat out rare.
    True that. The other day I ran into one. It was a blue SI. As I was passing him, I shifted and my BOV went off. Immediately , he floored it, and I heard this loud turbo spool up followed by a BOV. It caught me by surprise. The guy had to turn down his street, so I didn't get to see how well of a race it would have been. Oh well, if I see him again, it's on
    Fahd

Last weekend i was at my friends party and his older brother came over with his civic ex. I was like u know wut ever but then i saw an intercooler in the front. So i asked him if i could check it out and he swapped his engine with a integra ls and turboed it. All he said is he runs 12's. He was kinda of a **** tough...cocky as ****.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Originally posted by FutureWRX15
    Last weekend i was at my friends party and his older brother came over with his civic ex. I was like u know wut ever but then i saw an intercooler in the front. So i asked him if i could check it out and he swapped his engine with a integra ls and turboed it. All he said is he runs 12's. He was kinda of a **** tough...cocky as ****.
    Sounds like he has a nice car...too bad the same can't be said about its driver though I don't understand some people.
    Fahd

The word... is A D D I C T I V E.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=addictive

There are so few instances of "addicting" in English grammar, that I cant even think of any.

</grammar nazi>

Here we go again.

J/K

FF
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Ok, yeah flat_four, this time I was being mean, but only a LITTLE mean... that's actually my biggest pet peave in the whole world.

I read somewhere (a periodical I believe) that the word "addicting" is used incorrectly versus the proper "addictive" moreso that any other misuse in the english language, discounting slang.

You can rest assured I mean nothing by it, but I will now, and forever, grit my teeth and make it known that the word... is "addictive"

ROFL, ok sorry... /grammar_nazi off

But seriously, I mean nothing by it, my intent is never to anger, only to educate, and I'm not trying to say that I'm a genius either, I have my moments just like everone else (maybe more than everyone else, and when I funk up, I expect someone to let me know, seems like common courtesy to me.

But I do agree with Butterfingers, yes, burning Civics is a ****load of fun, and I do so at my every available opportunity.

Last edited by Bishop; 04-21-2003 at 04:08 PM.

Originally posted by Bishop
    But seriously, I mean nothing by it, my intent is never to anger, only to educate
    Dude, I do the same thing. My two biggest corrections are saying "I'm nauseous" as opposed to "nauseated," and saying "I did good" as opposed to "well." I think the reason I'm so anal is because I had such a hard time learning English -- Arabic is my first language -- that I feel as though I'm helping my peers by being critical of their speech.
    Fahd

Too... many...big...words....Headaches!!! J/K Bishop and WRXin'

Thanks for the lessons. I needs all the help I can get.

Yes burning a civic is addicting
    just like some drugs are addicting or just writing addicting can be addicting.

Originally posted by EasternWRX
    HAHA...that gave me a much needed laugh
    Fahd

Originally posted by EasternWRX

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*head explodes*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12