99' Cobra Owner Talks Trash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 99' Cobra Owner Talks Trash within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and my friends know this guy with a 99' Cobra with no mods performance wise, only Cobra R body ...

99' Cobra Owner Talks Trash

Me and my friends know this guy with a 99' Cobra with no mods performance wise, only Cobra R body pieces He thinks that he can beat Me (running a Vishnu Stage 1), My friends modded 02' Lightning (chip and ram air) and my firends modded LS1 Z28 M6 (exhaust, MAF, lid, ramair w/K&N, Z06 clutch, hypertech). All I can say is I wouldnt waste my time. However, I think that my friend in the L is going to sandbag and run some radials, but for me and my friends Z we wouldnt waste our time. I will keep you up to date if anything happens, and if I "accidentally" run into him on the street.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha, looks like someone's suffering from BDS (baby **** syndrome). People like that make me laugh. You should just run him for the hell of it. It sounds like even if he does get beat, he'll have some kind of stupid excuse.

Re: 99' Cobra Owner Talks Trash

Originally posted by abbo7
    Me and my friends know this guy with a 99' Cobra with no mods performance wise, only Cobra R body pieces He thinks that he can beat Me (running a Vishnu Stage 1), My friends modded 02' Lightning (chip and ram air) and my firends modded LS1 Z28 M6 (exhaust, MAF, lid, ramair w/K&N, Z06 clutch, hypertech). All I can say is I wouldnt waste my time. However, I think that my friend in the L is going to sandbag and run some radials, but for me and my friends Z we wouldnt waste our time. I will keep you up to date if anything happens, and if I "accidentally" run into him on the street.
    a well driven 99 will give you a good run for your money.... even if you are vs1...

Re: Re: 99' Cobra Owner Talks Trash

Originally posted by BamBooI
    a well driven 99 will give you a good run for your money.... even if you are vs1...
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Aren't those things fairly fast?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

according to car and driver a 99 cobra runs the 1/4 in 14.1 at 101 MPH. so you should beat it if you have a stage 1. i took an 01 cobra on a test drive the other day (say day as the SRT4) and its a fun car, i still enjoy layin a patch for about 40-50 feet and fishtailing around corners. but the thing that bothers me is theyve had the same interior since 94!!!! thats like almost 10 years!!!
    2007 Civic Si

Originally posted by Mr. Arizona
    but the thing that bothers me is theyve had the same interior since 94!!!! thats like almost 10 years!!!
    I think the same thing. LOL.

I your a good driver you will definately beat a stock 99 Cobra. Most 99s in stock form are running in the low 14s. I watched one running mid 14s all day long the last time I went to the track.

I can't wait until the 99 Cobra guys jump in and say they run this time and that time in their stock 99 Cobras. Thats wonderful but most run 14.0 + in the 1/4 mile.

I used to have a buddy with a 99 Cobra (with the fix that is suppose to raise hp to advertised) and I used to smoke him every time in my stock LS1 z28.
    Like I said a well driven VS1 shouldn't have much trouble with a stock 99 Cobra.

Cobras

If your friend's 99 cobra doesn't have the exhaust fix from the factory, he has only about 300 hp at the crank and like 260 at the wheels. If he has that fix, hes got 320 at the crank and about 275 at the wheels. A well driven cobra (even stock) can be driven well into the 13s. A stock 01 corba (01s had the exhaust fixed from the factory), will run 13.7 with a decent driver and even lower with a good one. All I know is that my friend with a VF22 ran a 13.4 at the track recently... and he has a new turbo! I don't know exactly what a Stage 1 entails, but i doublt is that much....

However, if your a good driver, and he sucks ass, he could be in a lamborghini and you would still win.
    2001 White SVT Cobra
    Mods:
    BBK Long Tube Headers
    K&N
    Bad tires

if he has a VF22 he shouldent be running a 13.4

VF22 equiped cars go mid to high 12's

I have run a 13.4 with just exhaust mods.

Some have dipped into the 12.9's with the stock turbo and engine management.

All I know is that my friend with a VF22 ran a 13.4 at the track recently... and he has a new turbo! I don't know exactly what a Stage 1 entails, but i doublt is that much....
    Tell your buddy to learn how to drive.

Either that or tell him to turn the boost up past 4 psi.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: Cobras

Originally posted by Silver00Stang
    If your friend's 99 cobra doesn't have the exhaust fix from the factory, he has only about 300 hp at the crank and like 260 at the wheels. If he has that fix, hes got 320 at the crank and about 275 at the wheels. A well driven cobra (even stock) can be driven well into the 13s. A stock 01 corba (01s had the exhaust fixed from the factory), will run 13.7 with a decent driver and even lower with a good one. All I know is that my friend with a VF22 ran a 13.4 at the track recently... and he has a new turbo! I don't know exactly what a Stage 1 entails, but i doublt is that much....

However, if your a good driver, and he sucks ass, he could be in a lamborghini and you would still win.
    VS1 is equal to a Stage 4 Turboxs. They run high 12 with a skilled driver.
    A skilled driver with a VS1 or XS stage 4 will beat a stock 99 Cobra big time.

Re: Re: Cobras

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    VS1 is equal to a Stage 4 Turboxs. They run high 12 with a skilled driver.
    A skilled driver with a VS1 or XS stage 4 will beat a stock 99 Cobra big time.
    vs1 =~ txs stage 2 + uppipe+pulleys

I had a 99 Cobra...and that car was nothing but a piece of crap...

It started off with the power recall because it didnt have the advertised 320 hp..as well as several other recalls..

I had electrical issues with the damn thing...I didnt have dash lighting for 2 months while Ford was looking around for the problem..

I did do a Borla Catback, Bassani X for my exhaust, Threw in a Paxton Novi 1000 kit on it with a smaller pulley, etc...

After I did that, it was a frickin beast...right about 467rwhp..

I would waste any WRX in the straightaway after I hooked up..

But in the end....sold it for the better car, being my 2002 WRX. Never regretted it from day one on the trade...

The only thing that I regret, is throwing 15-20K in mod'ng my Cobra, when I would of had a better return on my WRX...oh well...now I know better...

Stock 99Cobra=garbage....trust me...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.