wrx wagon vs. olds aurora

This is a discussion on wrx wagon vs. olds aurora within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my freind says he is going to drive up to see me (fla to ga) and wants to race when ...

wrx wagon vs. olds aurora

my freind says he is going to drive up to see me (fla to ga) and wants to race when he get here. he brings up a new olds aurora. he calls me on his cel and is telling me he is going 140mph and killing street bikes (yah right). so he finnaly gets up here after 2 days of traveling ( lots of stops at cafe risquey he claims). i welcom him in and about 2 mins later he's like " let see what that 4 bangger can do againts an american v8. we go out to the garage and he says "come on a wagon ?!?" . then i'm like" my wagon is going to spank your gran-pa hot rod". so we get in our cars and head out to a twisty little road we both know well. on the way there hes smoking the tires every stop sign. we finaly get to the road and line up side by side roll down windows and i say your the guest , on your mark. he reves his engine up and down. i bring the rpms up to 5000 and hold. his tires start screaming. i drop clutch/ floor it . i power shift to second and look in sideview miror. he is a car lenght behind. at 60 mph i grab third. he is now 2 car lenghts behind. some turns are coming up. i fly though the first left/ right with out barking the dogs. i look back and here he comes like a sumo westler trieng to take a tight turn, large amounts of body roll. i know i am killing him on this kind of road so i ease up a bit for my safty and his. at the end of the race he was like "holy sh@t that thing is awsome you smoked me there was no way I was coming close" i said thanks and told him his car was very nice to. he staid with me fo 4 days and the whole time it was like i was the big dog or some kind of weird alph male thing. felt awsome but i tried not to gloat. he is training to be a pilot so it about 4 years he will prob. have a porche so i better save up for some good sleeper type mods btw my wagon is stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice "kill". I put it in quotes since he's a friend and y'all had a "friendly" race.

What road were you on? Some of us GA folks might know where you are referring. Just curious. It is great the way people don't have a clue about the Rex. Wait until F&F2 comes out though.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    geez lets all just hope F&F 2 DOESN't have the wrx in it.

awesome job showing your friend what a wrx (and even the wagon) can do on the road.

Think of how bad you would've smoked him if he didn't get the jump. You had to react to his tire sound, which means he was accelarating atleast a half a second before you were (probably closer to a full second). If you has a boost controller set at 16psi, he wouldn't have even seen you after second gear (slight exaggeration).

-Jim

the road was spring lake dr. just a little twisty up and down hill local back street. in stockbridge. i hear that some awsome street raceing takes place somewhere off of buefered highway. any one know the exact location. i would like to watch that.

One of my best friends lived in Stockbridge for a while (he's in Duluth area now). I'm not too familiar with the area, but perhaps I'll go find that street some day (once I get my Rex).

Rod
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion