Just got OWNED

This is a discussion on Just got OWNED within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming back home from meeting up with a guy from the boards. Argh... His ESX tuned car would have had ...

Just got OWNED

Coming back home from meeting up with a guy from the boards. Argh... His ESX tuned car would have had a chance I think...

Anyway, I see a pack of imports coming up. WEEE!!! I see VWs and Hondas all riding together! Hey, look! Body kits, altezzas, exausts... Not bad, I can run with em!

I slow down slightly, and the leader of the group in a red VW Golf comes up right behind me, Shingo vs Iketani (Initial D) style, and I think... HA! You don't have a chance! I throw her down into 2nd, and zip through the revs... Shift into 3rd... And as I'm about 5500rpm, he jumps into the other lane and passes me off with little effort. All I could think was "I did not just see that happen!"
    Then the second VW comes at my side, the red VW is now infront of me... A silver Honda Prelude behind me... So, not was I only just totally OWNED by 2 VW Golfs, I just got boxed in!

To say the least... IT SUCKED!

But... It was my arrogance that brought it on me. Oh well! From the sound of the engine and exaust, and the fact they had a roll cage, I'm guessing these were highly tuned... Possibly just coming back from the AutoX that was going on today. I'm not a VW kinda guy, but they were done up not all that bad.

Heh, I've now been OWNED by a Celica and a Golf.

Still hate the Celica, the Golf was worth it. I've wanted to be in a street race worth my time for months now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bhaha u got 0wn3d on the pike! thats' ok last night there was crazy cars out!!! i'll meet u down there next saturday night some time if ur free
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Over 150 views...
    And only 1 comment?!?
    LMAO

I figured I would have seen like 10 or 20 posts now from people saying "What you did is illegal!", "Racing is dangerous!", "Speeding is wrong!", "You're a menace to society!", "Ha ha! You suck!" or something!

Yes, it's not everyday a WRX is handed a "OWNED" award, and heck... Few people here from what I can tell are even willing to mention they were the one to be smoked.
    Oh well!
    Come on! Isn't somebody at least going to post an "OWNED" picture against me?!? LOL

I'd even at least expect a comment from Jim or Nick!

~ Dan (Zapix)

HAHA! YOU SUCK!

you could have killed someone, and more importantly, you could have killed yourself. who cares about the guy you were racing, he had a roll cage, you didnt. just think of all the things that could have gone wrong.

heheheheehehehe sorry, its just too damn funny. i would hate having a wrx(and a mentality, wow i have a wrx, im fast), and having a number of cars just line up and kick my ass one by one. hehehe. sorry i just had too.

well, next time u know, when u see an import with a roll cage, dont race it.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

SBW
    red mk3 golf with a stainless steel looking roll cage possibly?

Let me know what it looked like? I prolly know'em. Where were u too?

Here ya go.

Go VW! Hehehe....
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

awwww.

Definitly don't run the Dubs w/ roll cages...that's not really a 'ricer' part there at all. Where was this at? We beat up quite a few cars on our way out to Gingerman this weekend from Gurnee...me and two totally moded A4's...Own3d

ROTFLMAO

NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!

Elli, sadly I didn't see the roll cage until it was too late. All I saw was a small group of funny looking imports hanging together and getting closer to me. So, I had no clue! He came up behind me, deicided to take a seat in my backseat... I think "HA! KEEP UP IF YOU CAN!" and down it into 2nd, and shift into 3rd at about 6800... Look in my rear?!? HOLY SH** HE IS STILL THERE??! NOT GOOD!!!!! Then he zips to the right and just passes me like I wasn't even trying!!! Then I look over and see the cage... and think.. I WAS JUST OWNED BY A HIGHLY TUNED CAR!

Oh, I live in Connecticut.

Berlin Turnpike... ARGH!

I'll bet this is payback for my harassing a yellow Sil, with an aluminum wing, being pissed off for seeing a kid driving a WRX slightly gangsta style with a bad attitude... Didn't even acknowledge me when I was side by side with him and waved! Then probably The Car God trying to tell me, I was stupid to harass a Corvette, when I can't even take on a VW Golf with a roll cage! LMAO

Anyone else going to comment? This is great!

SBW
    yeah I live in Shelton, CT

Only red dub with a roll cage that comes to mind is Frank, he's got a mk3 z-eng, S/C vr6 from milford stratford area. Rollcage as well, polished, its real clean. Jetta front end too.

There's a green Rallye from Milford CT too, vr6 swap + Awd.

bondjetta... who is u. i am from gurnee, just wondering if i know u.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I'm actually down in Naperville. i was meeting a friend up in Gurnee before we headed out to Gingerman (South Haven, MI) for the Chicago VW Organization's track day So i doubt u've seen me

Originally posted by SBW
    yeah I live in Shelton, CT

Only red dub with a roll cage that comes to mind is Frank, he's got a mk3 z-eng, S/C vr6 from milford stratford area. Rollcage as well, polished, its real clean. Jetta front end too.
    is he a rather big guy, with a shaved head?
    Whoever the guy was, he was headed south, and was getting onto the ramp to either get to 91S or 15S.

Wouldn't mind meeting whoever smoked me, and see what he's done to his car! It was in a word... EVIL!

Seemed to be a skilled driver, and experience in racing from his rapid movements.

ADDED NOTES : Talked to a friend of mine from elementry school who's big on the GTI VR6 (also ran and might still run a shop), and has one himself... Says he very well might know the guys, and be friends of his. Guess I'll know soon enough! Always good to have contacts!
    Last edited by Zapix; 04-14-2003 at 07:50 PM.

Ouch, taken by an A-3 Jolf. Really easy to underestimate a GTI until they pass.
    03 WRX Wagon
    03 Mustang GT vert

Can you say "NITROUS OXIDE?" I knew you could...

-Jim

Dan,
    That sounds like my buddy Dave in his Red VR6 and the Yellow GTI was the body style before the red one correct? They are both.........really hooked up, lol. Where did u see them?
    Don't think it was nitrous. Might have been. I was OWNED by an 01/02 Celica back in November because the guy had it. There is no way in hell he could have passed me with some form of upgrade power. Not unless he had a f'ing Ferarri!!!

The VW didn't pass me quite as wildly, and sure, it could have been a smaller shot... It just felt more like a highly tuned car that passed me off.

If my own friend whom I've not seen since 5th grade (almost 13 years ago!!). I went looking him up and another friend back in June. Hadn't talked to him since i got my WRX, and since I knew he was a VW guy, he might him him! Seems he does! Waiting to hear the rest. I'll post if I find out!