WRX vs. Nobody - Doughnuts... Like Crazy!

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Nobody - Doughnuts... Like Crazy! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Damn! We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday.... so a bunch of us had to go out and ...

WRX vs. Nobody - Doughnuts... Like Crazy!

Damn!

We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday.... so a bunch of us had to go out and find some parking lots....

I have to say, that was the most fun I have ever had doing doughnuts in a parking lot in any car ever......

AWD.....

I'd hit the throttle a little , 1st gear - 10-20 mph, briskly yank the hand brake to get the ass end loose, then crank the steering wheel and floored it.....

Holy Sh@#!

It was like the car was spinning around and around on an imaginary axis.......

I was doing so many revolutions so quickly I was getting dizzy......

I was doing joy rides for my friends that had fwd or rwd cars... they were all amazed.

It was a blast....

I hope we get some more snow....

It's weird... It's like I'm enjoying this car more and more every day.....15,000 miles and counting......
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yanking your handbrake to get the rear end loose isn't good for your center differential...unless you got the JDM version with electro-hydro that disconnects the rear.

Isn't it fine if your pushing the clutch in at the same time? That's what I had thought.... but I may be wrong.

That is a step I didn't mention.....
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Depends on what kind of differentials you're running. If the center is 1 way, it's only effective when power is applied(so if you push the clutch in, no power applied). 1.5 and 2 way differentials would be effected as they work during deceleration too. To get drifting on an AWD car is pretty easy without the handbrake though...Get most of your braking done in a straightline but finish off trailing the brake(if you are at significant speed) and turn outside(opposite apex), then whip the steering back(towards apex) in a brief jolt while applying throttle to spin up the wheels...the wheels will get loose and steering will tend to "self-adjust" to countersteer without you having to go into opposite-lock. You use the throttle to modulate