4eat WRX vs. RSX-s, my worries are over!

This is a discussion on 4eat WRX vs. RSX-s, my worries are over! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; long story short, i raced one a couple of times tonight, and guess what, i totally annihilated it from a ...

4eat WRX vs. RSX-s, my worries are over!

long story short, i raced one a couple of times tonight, and guess what, i totally annihilated it from a roll! 5+ car lengths, and this happened a couple of times. damn, all this worrying that rsx-s' might be faster than me is over.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 4eat WRX vs. RSX-s, my worries are over!

Congrats on the wins.

Re: 4eat WRX vs. RSX-s, my worries are over!

Congrats on the wins.
    Last edited by Shard; 04-13-2003 at 05:48 PM.

WRX
    yeah, my worries went away when I toased a Celica GT with some mods. Good job!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    yeah, my worries went away when I toased a Celica GT with some mods. Good job!
    you do realize a celica GT only has the 1zzfe, same engine thats in the corolla and mr2. I hope your talking about the gts which uses the 2zzge

Nice kill, but don't get too comfortable with them. The RSXers discovered a while ago that their engines are closely related to the one in the S2000. Some even have taken out Evolution 8's in races. Checkout www.clubrsx.com for the the video....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

If you read the thread though, not very many people believe that they evo 8 was really trying. They video was too blurry anyway, i was trying to see the tach to see what rpm they were going at to see how much they were pushing the car, but couldn't make it out. I'd raise the BS flag on that, there aren't hardly any rsx's that have even gotten to mid to low 14s let alone mid 13s.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

WRX
    Originally posted by el~sharko
    you do realize a celica GT only has the 1zzfe, same engine thats in the corolla and mr2. I hope your talking about the gts which uses the 2zzge
    I do believe it was the GT-s. (I drove behind him until the road split to two lanes)

Originally posted by solak321
    If you read the thread though, not very many people believe that they evo 8 was really trying. They video was too blurry anyway, i was trying to see the tach to see what rpm they were going at to see how much they were pushing the car, but couldn't make it out. I'd raise the BS flag on that, there aren't hardly any rsx's that have even gotten to mid to low 14s let alone mid 13s.
    I guess that is true. I think the fastest RSX-s out there though traps at around 101mph without FI or nitrous.. Those Hondata ECU flashes seem to really wake those cars up....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Yeah i think the hondata flashes are probably the biggest power adder besides FI. I think that the cars need a little bit more time for the aftermarket to get used to the new engines, then we'll start seeing some really fast ones.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Yes the Hondata works wonders for that car. As for going FI it will cost an arm and a leg to do that. I can't wait to see what some of those cars do with the Toda packages.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Yea, we might have great potential, but its nothing that a $40 MBC can't make up! Seriously, I love my car but when it comes to modding we can't keep up!

A package with I/H/E (even if its a racing header) and a Hondata flash might put a Type S in the high 13s with an excellent driver. So you slap a MBC on and you're faster/even with about $1400 dollars to spare.

Granted, that setup might give us an edge on rolling races, but you know what they say about rolling races...who the fuc cares? Races are from a stop, and its going to be very difficult to hang with a slightly modded WRX (forget a decently modded one)...even with the Toda package, how the hell are we going to hook up off the line?

I think the potential is being unlocked and there's at least one RSX that's N/A that's about to crack high 12s (he's at 13.1xx right now) but he's spent an arm and a leg to get there. An average working man will not see those times, unlike in a WRX where its "relatively easy and cheap."

Edit: As far as that Evo VIII race goes, he beat the guy up to 155mph...once again, who cares? If they were racing a 1/4 mile the Evo would spank him hard - even if they went rolling from 60-100 the Evo would spank the RSX-S. It was probably a 120-155 race or something absurd like that...
    Last edited by smokey; 04-16-2003 at 07:58 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i can speak on racing a hondata rsx. stg 4 ( i think) with full exhaust and cai.
    i have tb exhaust and uppipe.

i had him up to 97mph, and after that, he passed me. those rsx are fast with the hondata.

they do have a decent third gear, and pulls pretty good up top. then again, wrx arent as fast on top as from stop.

none the less, stock for stock, mod for mod, wrx owns rsx. they can get i/h/e/hondata, wrx can get bpu and it's all over and then some....