Raced an evo tonight
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an evo tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pulled up to a red light next to what i thought was a honda. I thought, wtf does this ...

Raced an evo tonight

I pulled up to a red light next to what i thought was a honda. I thought, wtf does this guy think he's doing. We then kept driving and he pulled ahead. I realized it was an evo. I was like "holy sh*t", i gotta see how fast this car really is. So i get up to him and start egging him on, he honks his horn three times and we go from second at about 40. I get killed. This car is ridiculously fast. I am stage 2 TurboXS. Thats all i can really say. He just took off. Lost by about 4 or five car lengths to 90. The guy was really nice about it too, not cocky. It is a really sweet looking car though. I have a lot of respect for that evo. I would deffinately trade it in for the rex, but i cant wait for the sti.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you drunk?

Re: Raced an evo tonight

Originally posted by N8DOGG
    I pulled up to a red light next to what i thought was a honda. I thought, wtf does this guy think he's doing. We then kept driving and he pulled ahead. I realized it was an evo. I was like "holy sh*t", i gotta see how fast this car really is. So i get up to him and start egging him on, he honks his horn three times and we go from second at about 40. I get killed. This car is ridiculously fast. I am stage 2 TurboXS. Thats all i can really say. He just took off. Lost by about 4 or five car lengths to 90. The guy was really nice about it too, not cocky. It is a really sweet looking car though. I have a lot of respect for that evo. I would deffinately trade it in for the rex, but i cant wait for the sti.
    How did you lose? I would think you guys would be pretty close since you are stage 2? Do you have an uppipe? Wow i didn't think they would kill a stage 2 car by 4-5 car lenghts...

maybe he wasn't stock?? or you're an auto???

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....stage 2 TXS.....I need a little more info. I'm confused...

Re: Raced an evo tonight

Originally posted by N8DOGG
    How could you not recognize an EVO? Wow i didnt think you would die so bad
    04 SVT Lightning

he might have not been stock, i heard what i thought was a blow off valve but i dont know what those things come with stock. Im a 5mt not auto. stage 2 = up-pipe turbo back, UTEC, CAI. I just saw the big wing and the altezzas and i figured it was a honda, but it sounded kidna nice so i looked over and i realized what it was, I didnt think that they were out yet, but they are, and they're fast. I'd like to race another one though, i donno how accurate that race was, he shouldnt have beat me by that much.

Maybe it was a honda

They don't have BOV's stock, or at least not ones you can hear.

Originally posted by Shard
    Maybe it was a honda
    If it was me Id rather be beaten by an evo then a Honduh.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    If it was me Id rather be beaten by an evo then a Honduh.
    Good point, maybe it was a Modena?

stock evo on 93octane ~190whp.. stock wrx on 93 ~165.. (on a dyno dynamics).. + you have a txs stg2 which should put you way over a stock evos whp.. maybe you pressed on the brake instead of the gas..
    --bobby

Tuning?

Maybe your car is not tuned properly?

Later,
    Jay
    www.In2Speed.com

Is 190 the whp that Shiv got from his dyno runs? I'm trying to figure out where I saw some different dyno runs on the Evo that came out with way higher results....can't remember where it was though.

Originally posted by XtianLA
    Is 190 the whp that Shiv got from his dyno runs? I'm trying to figure out where I saw some different dyno runs on the Evo that came out with way higher results....can't remember where it was though.
    yeah shiv has a dyno dynamics.. pruven has a dyno jet i believe...

Relax guys. In a steet race when two similarly-powered cars race, there are so many possible outcomes. He could have been in a better part of his power band when they started to race or he could have even hit the gas a little earlier. You know if 2 identical cars raced, and one car starts just a little earlier, it would keep pulling ahead as if it was more powerful. That's why taking it to the track is the best way to compare two cars.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.