First Kill
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First Kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up my WRX on Wednesday, but tonight was my first kill. I'm at a stoplight, left hand ...

First Kill

I just picked up my WRX on Wednesday, but tonight was my first kill. I'm at a stoplight, left hand lane. I hear something to my right. It's a Chevy-something...my town has a Chevy plant in it, so every ****weed with a mom or dad or both in the factory take out their Cavalier or Malibu on Friday nights.

Anyway, he's inching up. Light is still red, and a semi making a left in front of us is blocking the intersection, a huge piece of metal cholesterol clogging up the caronary artery.

He revs a little. Then a lot. I look over and, yep, visor on slightly crooked, seat reclined back, and a car a packed with some G-thug hip gangsta wannabes. Driving a bright yellow Cavalier. Something thumping on their stereo (Eminem?). The driver's got his seat so far back, I have to think the guy in the rear is being crushed to death. But he seems happy enough; he's in a bright yellow Cavalier on a Friday night. Who wouldn't be!

Opposing lights turn yellow. The semi is crawling through his turn, and the Cavalier is nudging forward, revving and looking at me. I'm thinking, NAH, a Cavalier? Why waste my time?

Then he pisses me off. Our light turns green, and I'm still blocked by the tail end of the semi. He unleashes his 140 ponies, the tires almost chirping, and he BARELY misses the back bumper of the semi, swerving a good 5 feet to get around it and get the jump on me. Something inside me, DEEP within my being, snaps. No way were these pre-pubescents going home tonight with another notch carved in their shifter.

I juice it to about 4500. Dump the clutch. AWD launches me through the intersection like a Patriot zeroing in on a SCUD. I miss the semi by at least an inch and a half. The Cavalier is shifting to third gear and is almost through the intersection. Full boost. Redline. I hit 2nd clean. 3rd. Change into their lane. No need to check the rearview before moving over; they're a distant memory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. Way to put those "thugs" in their place. They deserved it. Posers....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

you raced during your break in?

That's a very poetic story. I felt like I was reading a book.
    02 WRB Wagon...gettin' the groceries...very quickly.

yeah that was the best written kill i've ever read. so noneventful, but at the same time, so interesting to read.
    but... if you are still in break-in, then you shouldn't be racing. if you are launching within inches of other vehicles, you shouldnt be racing.
    ok thats all. thanks for the story, and i look forward to hearing more in the future.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

woah....................... keep dumping your clutch. your tranny will greatly appreciate it.

WRX

Re: First Kill

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Light is still red, and a semi making a left in front of us is blocking the intersection, a huge piece of metal cholesterol clogging up the caronary artery.
    that was the best!! I agree very poetic!! Nice job on the story.

Can you post some more so I can have something to read??
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Yeah, I thought most people didn't dump to launch in their rexes? either way, nice kill man, you like an English major or something Actually I wrote a nice kill story for my Literature teacher, she drives a Golf and I just felt I had too. She actually liked it, lol.

Originally posted by Mili727
    you raced during your break in?
    Nope...bought it used, 6,300 miles on it already.

Originally posted by wrxinsc
    That's a very poetic story. I felt like I was reading a book.
    LOL...hey, racing a Cavalier? I HAD to embellish it a little. The story is accurate; I just included more deatil than necessary.

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    if you are launching within inches of other vehicles, you shouldnt be racing.
    OK, maybe I wasn't an inch and a half away from the semi's bumper. Write that part up to poetic license. I don't want you to get the impression that I'm shearing off my left door, sparks flying, all for the sake of a semi-good kill.

I might have a lead-foot, but I'm no moron. And thanks for the compliments...I'm sure I'll have more stories where that one came from. I seem to remember seeing a 350Z in town...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.