4eat wrx vs. bmw 330ci

This is a discussion on 4eat wrx vs. bmw 330ci within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on my way to the midwest meet at addison, i come up to a brand new 330ci. Im on route ...

4eat wrx vs. bmw 330ci

on my way to the midwest meet at addison, i come up to a brand new 330ci. Im on route 20/Lake and at a red light. Im with my friend, and my friend starts shouting, man an m3, run it run it. i immediately look over and dont see the slits on the fender, and tell him its not an m3. anyhow, it was a 330ci and i was more than glad to run it. I looked over to see if the guy made any type of movement, but he didnt. as it turn greens, he slightly gets off the line. This makes me take of the line slightly, when all of a sudden he floors it. He gets about a car on me, and at this point i floor it and my car just starts to pull hard. in a matter of seconds, i start passing him, and my friend is laughing. At about 65-70mph, im about a car in front of him, and im coming up to a red light. Anyhow, my friend was laughing and telling me that the guy got pissed. At the red light, i looked over and did thumbs up, and he did the same thing, even though he seemed pissed. Anyhow, the light turns green and he floors it. I didnt feel the need to break torque or anything, cuz i would have annihilated him off the line. What i was more interested is seeing if it really was a 330ci. he's about a car and a half in front and i see the badge! 330ci! i was so proud. i floor it and get next to him. we count to three, and at about 30mph, we both floor it. I just started to pull hard on him. By the way, he was stick while i am automatic.

my go fast mods are boostcontroller, and catback exhaust. im going to add my uppipe and my downpipe(when i get it soon) in and im gonna run it to see exectly what my 4eat does.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a 330 auto tailgating me. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ He slowed down, as I slowed down to second at 4rpm. I then floored it. I had about 7 car lenth by end of 3rd.

WRX
    nice kill! Kinda makes me proud to have an auto.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Just asking, but what were your reasons for choosing auto over a stick? Practicality? Traffic?
    02 Aspen White WRX Sportwagon

WRX
    I had to get an auto, or I had to stick with my old POS. My wife refuses to drive stick, so I got an auto. No biggie, it's still pretty fast.

BTW my old POS was a 2001 hyundai tiburon. It sucked. Soooo many problems.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

My friend has a new 330Ci 5 speed too and I am looking forward to running him (and hopefully beating him). However, I have a manual trans and a turbo-back exhaust.

Still, the 330Ci is a NICE car.
    Evan
    '02 WRX
    '67 Mustang 5.0L

well, i was pretty much forced to get auto by parents. but, im actually kinda happy because not only is it rare, but i love beating on stick wrx's im sorry, but whoever thinks that auto wrx's are slow, should get a better look at these cars. with simple mods, the car gets MUCH faster. Me and my friend, he has a stick wrx, always race. From a roll and from stops. When i had my uppipe, boostcontroller, and exhaust... and he had spark plugs, uppipe, boost controller, and exhaust, we were EVEN, from a roll and from a stop(thats if i break torque, if not, he gets me by a car, but i catch up slowly during shifts). Right now, we raced a couple of times, and im pretty much even with him, until he hits 4th, and starts walking me pretty badly. This is because he has an uppipe and downpipe advantage( i had to take my uppipe out for dealership reasons). all im waiting for is to get my uppipe and downpipe in, and aim for 13's with my mods at the track WITHOUT break torquing.

my mods(and soon to be put on):

grounding
    air box
    boostmonkey @15.5
    3" cat back exhaust
    no muffler
    turboXS uppipe
    hks downpipe(real soon)
    spark plugs(waiting to be put on)

i dont know if my car is a freak or something, but ive raced a number of cars, and done REALLY good against them. i have raced a couple of gt mustangs when i was stock, and still won. i raced one, a convertable stick and beat it from a roll by about a car and a half. my brother beat a mustang gt from a stop with uppipe and boostcontroller by Alot of car lengths. i raced a rsx-s tonight, and totally annihilated it, 4+ and still pulling hard up to 70mph. and there are many more....

either my car is a freak, or the wrx's react very efficiently to mods, maybe even better than stick wrx's do.

how are the other auto wrx's?

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

You parents bought you a WRX? How old are you? Lucky bastard...lol j/k

BTW what is the p roper launching technique for an auto WRX? Don't you have to mash on the brakes or something?
    02 Aspen White WRX Sportwagon

WRX
    it's called a brake torque. Just like any other automatic car. Step on the gas and brake at the same time to bring the revs up and let go of the brake to take off!

yeah, well kinda. they bought me it, but i worked for them for about 3 years... FOR FREE. hehe. they own restaurants up here, and i did everything from waiter/manager/host/ etc. and all for no pay, exept tips from waitering. in return they got me a car. so i earned it.

um, yeah, break torquing is that technique, but im trying to see how fast i can get my car without break torquing her. see if i can get high numbers that way.

peter

p.s. i let my bro drive my car, and my brother raced a carrera twice. first time, my brother was catching up from behind until about a car length when they were pretty dead even. second time, they raced from a roll at low mph and my brother got the lead on him, but not very much at all, and all up to 80mph. there was also a third time, and this was around a corner, but my brother took him pretty badly, but its isnt fair race .

the carrera is mt and VERY NICE. a damn 17 year old kid drives it, its his families 'anyone can drive it' car. he has an audi a4 3.0 and his mom has a ml55amg and his dad has some real nice car, but dont know quite exectly what it is.

i remember racing him when i was stock on the expressway, the car pulled on me pretty badly... hehe.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

i couldnt handle only launching from three grand... ughhh id rather have a stick dsm
    "I wasnt racing you, I was just avoiding the fart-noises that your civic makes, throw a turbo in there and shut that thing up"

WRX
    lol that's why us autos gotta get something called a torque converter mod. Which allows us to launch at higher RPMs.

"i have raced a couple of gt mustangs when i was stock, and still won. i raced one, a convertable stick and beat it from a roll by about a car and a half. my brother beat a mustang gt from a stop with uppipe and boostcontroller by Alot of car lengths"

Hmmm. Must have been some older stangs (215hp). With your auto even my vert would take you by at second. Did they know you were racing?
    03 WRX Wagon
    03 Mustang GT vert

oh yeah we knew we were racing. we met up at a gas station, and they wanted to race from a roll, so we raced. there were like 3 peeps in there car, and 2 in mine. i pulled pretty nicely against it, must have sucked for whoever was driving it.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500