Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Time: 10:00pm EST tonight. Place: 6th Avenue Northbound. Manhattan, New York. Setting: Little traffic, my WRX wagon with my date, ...

Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360

Time: 10:00pm EST tonight.

Place: 6th Avenue Northbound. Manhattan, New York.

Setting: Little traffic, my WRX wagon with my date, and a brand new blue Ferrari 360 Modena, seemingly piloted by Fat Joe Da Gangsta (the rapper), with a very beautiful female passenger.

Event: Somehow, I found myself next to this Ferrari, with "Fat Joe" sipping on a Haagen Daas shake. We locked gazes, the light turned green, and I decided to do something completely idiotic to impress this girl on our first date. I dropped the clutch from a mear 3,000 RPM, and we both took off. Neck and neck through first, "FJC" smoked his tires as he shifted into second. Neither of us really gained any ground, and we both had to shut down for a red light. Two more of these quick jaunts later, I had miraculously refrained from embarrassing myself, and even scored a few points for the last race, where he gave up before I did. I truly believe that my date does not see much of a difference between my WRX and a 360. What a good night!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man,
    Not saying that your story is BS, but you might get flamed and flagged. I think that any car with a bad driver can be had by a lesser car. I think driver for driver though he would beat you. But, you might have some awesome mods that I dont know about. You never know. I hope you take no offense to what I have said, because I meant none.

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

well, at least the Ferrari guy doesn't know how to drive his car
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    well, at least the Ferrari guy doesn't know how to drive his car
    That's the point I was trying to make, and that's why I said only in NYC does something like this happen. Flame away people!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

I thought you beat Tyson Beckford.....I have seen him in a Ferrari on 6th so many times.....was it actually Fat Joe? He is from Piscataway, that's where I hail from......that is the worst thing to be proud of, in fact, forget I even said it!!!!

Stop light to stop light in NYC is very short, so I can see a WRX with a good launch beating a Ferarri to about 60 or 70 no problem as long as the Ferarri is being driven by some rich NYC tool.

Good job!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Honestly, he wasn't fat enough to be Fat Joey Crack, but that's who I initially thought he was.

The cool thing about NYC is that you actually run into people who'll race like this. I seriously doubt that anyone with a Ferrari anywhere else would rip up their tires against a WRX.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

woah~ street racing in city. I wanna do that sometimes.

there are cops in every corner of city these days..

I played around with a 360 in some local backroads, and I managed to keep upm as soon as we got on the straightaway he pulled like crazy. I was like "oh! I need to floor it!"

and I already was

I talked to him afterwards (followed him to his house, haha) and he's a great guy. He said he wasn't pushing too hard in the twisties but credited my keeping up to some nifty footwork, which he apparently heard.

Go heel + toe!
    - Capt Crunch

Re: Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360

Originally posted by Bask Oner

Setting: Little traffic, my WRX wagon with my date, and a brand new blue Ferrari 360 Modena, seemingly piloted by Fat Joe Da Gangsta (the rapper), with a very beautiful female passenger.

Event: Somehow, I found myself next to this Ferrari, with "Fat Joe" sipping on a Haagen Daas shake. We locked gazes, the light turned green, and I decided to do something completely idiotic to impress this girl on our first date. I dropped the clutch from a mear 3,000 RPM, and we both took off. Neck and neck through first, "FJC" smoked his tires as he shifted into second. Neither of us really gained any ground, and we both had to shut down for a red light. Two more of these quick jaunts later, I had miraculously refrained from embarrassing myself, and even scored a few points for the last race, where he gave up before I did. I truly believe that my date does not see much of a difference between my WRX and a 360. What a good night!
    Although you really have no mods to induce a overall race to beat a Modena, I highly suspect that he wasnt really trying, or just a bad driver.

You should be able to out launch even at stock, but past that I dont think you have a chance against any GOOD driver in any Ferrari.

But maybe I am wrong....its happened b4
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Re: Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360

Originally posted by Bask Oner

Although you really have no mods to induce a overall race to beat a Modena, I highly suspect that he wasnt really trying, or just a bad driver.

You should be able to out launch even at stock, but past that I dont think you have a chance against any GOOD driver in any Ferrari.

But actually saying you beat him, thats pretty rich!

I am sure it was your STi key that helped you with the extra hp!!!

I have a REAL hard time believing this, but what does that matter
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

that guy in the ferrari must be one crappy driver, cuz you had a bad launch in first....our one main advantage......and yet, he still didn't pull on you like you were standing still

he doesn't deserve the car......he should give it to me
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Re: Re: Only in NYC - Raced & Beat a Ferrari 360

Originally posted by skullguy

I have a REAL hard time believing this, but what does that matter
    You're obviously not a New Yorker, so my story probably sounds like a load of BS to you. That's okay, because I had my fun, and know very well that you don't need Stage 4 to have a good time here.

To all haters concerned: Read my other threads like "Midtown Madness", and you'll see that street racing in Manhattan is not like street racing in Bumble*****, Mississippi. Continue to flame - I expect it.

Edit: People should really read the title of this post - "Only in NYC" and pay attention to what I say about him smoking his tires and being a fat load.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

WOW!!!

with a uneducated responses such as yours...you should expect plenty of flames!!!

It doesnt matter where you race jackhole, just dont tell us about you "beating" a farrari.......please...get real

and dont be jealous because I have a stage 4 and you dont, like I said before, I am sure the STi key gives you the extra hp you needed.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

I'm still with Bask on this one, very viable story......NYC is a totally different monster with lots of people who have way more than they deserve.........Mooks with Ferraris abound......

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Mooks with Ferraris abound......

-joe
    OMG!!!

MOOKS - That is funny!!!

and racist
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast