RIP - Mercedes E320

This is a discussion on RIP - Mercedes E320 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I went down to the local Starbucks last night (this is were my friends and I meet up before ...

I Support ClubWRX

RIP - Mercedes E320

So I went down to the local Starbucks last night (this is were my friends and I meet up before we go out). One of my buddies works at a Benz dealership and every so often he rolls down there in one of the show cars. Well, last night he rolled down in an E320. As soon as he got out of the car he made a beeline directly towards me and proceeded to tell me how it was soo fast and could beat my car in any race. Of course I didn't stand for that!!

So we hop in the cars and meet up at a light. It turns green and I'm off like a prom dress. By the next light (a few blocks down) I'm about 7 cars ahead of him. We make a left at that light to go back to Starbucks, and he ends up in front of me at a traffic light waiting to make a left(I let him pass, we weren't racing at this point). As we're waiting for the light (long-a$$ light) he calls me on the cell and says that once he gets around this corner that I won't be able to catch him. whatever. Light turns green, he guns it around the corner, I follow closely behind him. He turned into the inside lane trying to get the advantage, so I swing out to the right lane. He's probably pulled ~2 cars away at this point because of the turn. By the top of 2nd gear we were even, and we all know what happens in 3rd.

When we got back, all he can say is "What the hell did you do to your car?!?"

My reply: "A couple of pipes and some hoses."

EDIT: All of this happened with my uppipe leaking horribly!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yet another reason to NEVER buy a car off the lot.

Good kill BTW. It's always nice to put slow MBs in their place.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Originally posted by Shadow
    my thoughts exactly...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

MB S500 - not so easy to kill

Saw the E320 post and had to send in my recent experience with a black fairly late model S500. MB in right lane me in left from a green light both accelerate slowly - neither racing. At about 30mph I realize I need to get in the right lane to turn off about a 1/2 mile ahead - no problem I figure. Goose it a little in third maybe 3500 rpm, look over my shoulder to merge right and was surprised to see the MB pulling up to my rear wheel. HMMM.. so I punch it still in third but cant shake the big Benz - we stay even till about 95mph (wife holloring at me in the passenger seat to knock it off) I lifted off the throttle and had to slink in behind the Benz so I could make my turn off. Imagine my surprise when I saw thatthe driver of the Benz was a 75+ year old real estate broker from town!
    Still get grief from my wife about getting whoooped up on by a senior citizen in a benz!
    Stock Silver '02WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Shadow

Good kill BTW. It's always nice to put slow MBs in their place.

-Shadow
    Actually, this benz dealership has 1 of each of the 'lesser' models (nothing with a 500, 600, or amg on it) on lot to beat on as the tester cars. They do not sell these cars as anything less than that. They are actually a very good dealership. And yea, that benz was slow as hell :-)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson