Great race with Stealth TT.....

This is a discussion on Great race with Stealth TT..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a guy last night who had a 91 Stealth TT AWD. He said he was totally stock with ...

Great race with Stealth TT.....

I raced a guy last night who had a 91 Stealth TT AWD. He said he was totally stock with the exception of a Greddy catback. I have the mods listed in my sig.

First race we went from a 10mph role. we line up and honk 3 times and punh it. all the way through 1st we were dead even, through second still dead even, i hit third and he starts to literally inch up some, and by the end of third his front bumper was probebly 3 feet infront of mine.

I dont think he was really to into cars cause he immedialty wanted to go from a stop cause he said that it would be a different story cause he has AWD? so i aggred. we line up and i take rev to 5k and have a beautiful launch. I didnt get the usual 1.5 - 2 car lead but my rear bumper was about inline with his front bumper throgh 1st. in second we stayed we stayed the same and by the end of third his front bumper had inched up to my rear wheels.

So i was very happy with those results. he said that he has went to the track before and he ran a 13.8. so that sounds just abotu right since i have ran a 13.7.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Great race with Stealth TT.....

Originally posted by bigchris

I dont think he was really to into cars cause he immedialty wanted to go from a stop cause he said that it would be a different story cause he has AWD?
    LOL! Did you ever explain to him you were too? Wonder how he felt when you out-launched him in your "fwd" car.

Having a cat-back as his only mod also speaks to his car knowledge. The stock stetup is 3 inches and can support high 11-sec runs. A downpipe & MBC would have cost half that much and gained him a full second in the 1/4.

Good run!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

WRX
    prolly just a ricer who got lucky with a used one and slapped the catback from his civic or something on it because he liked the sound.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

exact same story happened with a stock stealth tt. only he gave me the hit and he launched from 5.5k and then he power shifted the whole way to 100 mph where he was a little more then a bumper in front of me. hahah also im auto and i had an upipe leak.....kid wont race me no more though
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

yeah i think if i had my stock rims he wouldnt have puled on me at all. 18 inches of chrome dont help at all
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

Stock Stealth wheels are 29 lbs each, 17 x 9
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.