Killed an S2k!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Killed an S2k! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just sitting at a light look over and see an OLD guy (must have been sixties) In a ...

Killed an S2k!

I was just sitting at a light look over and see an OLD guy (must have been sixties) In a s2000. I didn't think he wanted to run so I didn't rev at him or anything. The light turned and I started off normal this guy jumps on it so I did too. I shifted, heard his vtec kick in as he revved to the 8500 redline He was next to for a second till he had to shift. By the top of second he was probably two lenghts back. Again I heard his vtec kick in then his shift.
    I shut down at about 85 in third (traffic) he roared by at what sounded like 9grand rpm. But By this time I was way too far ahead for it to be close.
    I realize he would have reeled me in had we gone to the dreaded fourth gear, but that's the beauty of AWD .
    At the next light we talked a little bit and he was surprised by the WRX quickness, I told him I liked his car and it was a nice day for a convertible.
    This was my first race since my Up/Down pipes and Scorpion exhaust have been installed, I'm very happy.
    My butt dyno didn't tell me as much as this little tussle did.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Killed an S2k!

Originally posted by PKer
    I was just sitting at a light look over and see an OLD guy (must have been sixties) In a s2000. I didn't think he wanted to run so I didn't rev at him or anything. The light turned and I started off normal this guy jumps on it so I did too. I shifted, heard his vtec kick in as he revved to the 8500 redline He was next to for a second till he had to shift. By the top of second he was probably two lenghts back. Again I heard his vtec kick in then his shift.
    I shut down at about 85 in third (traffic) he roared by at what sounded like 9grand rpm. But By this time I was way too far ahead for it to be close.
    I realize he would have reeled me in had we gone to the dreaded fourth gear, but that's the beauty of AWD .
    At the next light we talked a little bit and he was surprised by the WRX quickness, I told him I liked his car and it was a nice day for a convertible.
    This was my first race since my Up/Down pipes and Scorpion exhaust have been installed, I'm very happy.
    My butt dyno didn't tell me as much as this little tussle did.
    Once you did up and down pipe + MBC you should be able to take s2ks in fourth or fifth gear... Do you have an mbc?

No MBC, (scared of em) I'm just gonna go with the "fire and forget" ECU reflash.

Originally posted by PKer
    No MBC, (scared of em) I'm just gonna go with the "fire and forget" ECU reflash.
    Good choice!

X

As an S2K owner, I try to stay away from the higher gears.

Car just stops pulling. 120 mph and up is like creeping acceleration.

It's fast, but hard to go fast, youknow?

Glad ya'll were both cool about it.

barrett
    2000 S2000 Silverstone Metalic/Black interior.

Good run.
    S2000 is hard to drive fast, especially from a dead stop. Without the 5500-6000rpm slip (yikes.) it will not be able to achieve low 14's.

Good Kill! I am just itching for an S2000, M3, or stock C5 to try me. What would be even funnier would be a stock WRX
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by Incubus
    As an S2K owner, I try to stay away from the higher gears.

Car just stops pulling. 120 mph and up is like creeping acceleration.

It's fast, but hard to go fast, youknow?

Glad ya'll were both cool about it.

barrett
    The guy was cool I was just surprised that this old guy wanted to run. It really was a nice day for a convertible too (eat your heart out nor-easterners)

I don't want to sound like a ****, but an S2000 revs up to 9k rpm stock. And if you heard his VTEC kicking in in his shifts then that means he can't drive. You should never fall out of VTEC after first gear. But even with a good driver you would have killed him. Nice win!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    I don't want to sound like a ****, but an S2000 revs up to 9k rpm stock. And if you heard his VTEC kicking in in his shifts then that means he can't drive. You should never fall out of VTEC after first gear. But even with a good driver you would have killed him. Nice win!
    I don't know jack about S2000s the guy said he redlines at 8500.
    As far as never falling out of VTEC I dunno about that either, but it certainly sounded different at higher RPM's before he shifted than after he shifted.
    Besides the guy was OLD so maybe his reactions have slowed down a bit.

By the way I don't go around picking on old people, he got the jump.

redline is 9k for a s2k
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    redline is 9k for a s2k
    Coolio

sigh... S2000 looks so NICCCCE!!

but I hate S2000 with huge dual fart cans. yuk!

WRX
    53 year old John Force is pretty 'OLD' as you would say, but that hasn't slowed down his reactions a bit. He's achieved the championship in his class 12 years in a row now. Don't underestimate those fogies. Right Mr. X?
    Last edited by WRX; 04-11-2003 at 05:00 PM.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.