Raced a Sleeper Integra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced a Sleeper Integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; about the PSI: i did do 17psi but i didnt realize it till i did the calculations here. 14.223 X ...

about the PSI: i did do 17psi but i didnt realize it till i did the calculations here. 14.223 X 1.20

about the engine: it was about the size of my old GSR's engine, maybe a little bigger but nothing noticable. my old GSR was a 1.7L engine but from the outside looked exactly like the regular 1.8L. that car was pretty sleeper-ish itself since even 95% of acura/honda guys didnt even know my car existed (1992 integra GSR, 1.7l dohc vtec, 160hp stock, did some intake/exhaust mods, great gearing, pretty light car). the only people who really knew what it was were the type of people who spread/gained knowledge on the internet boards, etc. the engine on this teg was definately a B Series, under 2.0 or 1.8

about him getting tuned: i never said he's getting it tuned, just a tune up. he was saying his spark plugs are all messed up or fouled or something from something that he did earlier and it's not running right, i forgot what he said exactly. also his engine was making a not-so-healthy rattling noise when idling

and none of those cars look familiar on that site. this one wasnt really fixed up at all on the outside, looked and sounded totally stock. the modified exhaust could have passed as a modified tip only, it was pretty quiet when just driving around but got semi-loud in the race.

im not planning on betting 100 unless i feel my car is running faster than it did that day. ive already taken out all the crap in the car and am currently working on tuning it. im trying to both tune the UTEC+AVCR, and also trying to tune the AVCR on it's own since the UTEC/AVCR combo looks like is not going to be ready any time soon, too much knocking

if i do race though i'll try some octane booster or something possibly. or maybe i shouldnt since ive never tried that stuff in this car. actually im sure we will be racing again, but for another $40 or a lot more depends on how i feel the car is tuned and running
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

add an STi Waterspray intercooler kit
    It makes a big difference especially once you can feel the heat soak setting in not too expensive and this guy will end up paying for it :P

ill just bring a big bottle of ice water and dump it on between races if we race more than once

octane booster does not help.. it adds like .2 more octance LOL

Well being a honda head you really can't tell the diff. Between and 1.8. or 2.0 liter honda block there really the same one is just stroked more from the factory. Anyway I'm pretty sure you raced a frankenstein. I'll seen them run 10's at MIR so be carefull by the way next time you race him tell him to pop his hood and check by his headers there should be a stamped badge stating the engine block model number should be farely easy to see/read IE.. B18C B20A or H22A good luck.

FF
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Originally posted by WRX
    my buddy's got a 95 ls and it's not VTEC. I don't even think they had VTEC back then. So that is definately an engine swap.
    Originally posted by Integra96
    Yikes, there are some mean, sleeper Hondas out there. The 2.2L and 2.4L swaps can be devastating.

Just an FYI: VTEC has been around since '89 in the US, as far as I know. Back then, only the NSX had it. The next car to get it was the '93 GSR Integra (rare), then all '94-'01 Integras had it - along with the ~'95+ Civic Ex's, Accord EX. Oops, the Prelude VTEC had it also (obviously) starting in, I think, '94. Now everything in Honda/Acura's line has got it, it seems.

Not that it's a big deal like a turbo, but VTEC serves its purpose.
    I thought that NSX's came out in 1991 in the US? Well here it goes, honda/acuras with VTEC

1992 Integra GS-R was the first year that VTEC was in a sedan.
    1991 and up all NSX's have VTEC
    92-95 Honda Civic HX? hatchback has VTEC, but not regular VTEC its the economical version.
    All Integra GS-R's, 1992 and up Civic SI's, Civic EX, Type R, NSX. I think some of the accords have it but they suck. I know the early 90's or mid 90's and up prelude some had vtec, I believe all of the 97 preludes have it. First Gen Prelude with VTEC had a H23 and the latest version of prelude had an H22.

I think most of this info is correct. As far as the H22 in the integra does make sense at first, but you said that he had a lot of room left in the engine bay, if it was an H22 there would be near to no room what so ever in the engine bay. Plus its very easy to notice the H22 verse the B series motors because on the H22 the VTEC logo on the valve cover is HUGE unlike the B series motors.

Originally posted by 03SubaWRX
    I thought that NSX's came out in 1991 in the US? Well here it goes, honda/acuras with VTEC

1992 Integra GS-R was the first year that VTEC was in a sedan.
    1991 and up all NSX's have VTEC
    92-95 Honda Civic HX? hatchback has VTEC, but not regular VTEC its the economical version.
    All Integra GS-R's, 1992 and up Civic SI's, Civic EX, Type R, NSX. I think some of the accords have it but they suck. I know the early 90's or mid 90's and up prelude some had vtec, I believe all of the 97 preludes have it. First Gen Prelude with VTEC had a H23 and the latest version of prelude had an H22.

I think most of this info is correct. As far as the H22 in the integra does make sense at first, but you said that he had a lot of room left in the engine bay, if it was an H22 there would be near to no room what so ever in the engine bay. Plus its very easy to notice the H22 verse the B series motors because on the H22 the VTEC logo on the valve cover is HUGE unlike the B series motors.
    You are correct. VTEC didn't come out until 1991 for anybody. And when it did, it was only in the NSX for us, but of course Japan got it in a lot of their cars that year.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

it could be h22a on the integra or he had his engine built.

h22a on integra could be devastatingly quick, since the weight to power ratio is offset. That model integra's a light car and if you put a 2.2 liter VTEC that gets upto 150whp, it could fly.

JE built engine could be fairely fast as well, since they probably bored the engine so it could fit a stroker kit in there.

I think it depends on the weather too.

14 sec quarter mile could be achieved fairely easy with h22a engine tho. I've seen it done with common mods.

Maybe you need to practice driving better?

Re: Raced a Sleeper Integra

Originally posted by JimDab
    (. i ask him what he did and he says nothing again, just intake....(OH AND: he wants to race again next week once he does a tuneup. he says it was running bad, lol. hopefully by next week i can tune my UTEC properly i'll write again if we race. depending on how i feel im running i might up it to $100 if he would)
    I had to connect these two comments

If he only had an intake, you should have asked him why he felt the need to "tune" the car...he's a bull****ter, but not a very good one at that.

You "tune" if you've got a S-AFC or V-AFC or some other type of engine/fuel managment, not if you only have an intake or other bolt-ons.

Don't race him for anymore money, that's my advice. He's not being straight up at all. And he's a bad lier.

Good win btw.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i found out what it was

it's a 1998 integra type-r salvage car

it was in an accident and had the top half re-done with the sunroof and everything, something the type-r's done come with. he has intake/exhaust/headers and did a lot lof weight removal all over the car, including a gutted trunk and everything in the engine bay that wasnt needed.

also he just installed a nitrous kit but didnt have it when we raced

type R's come with almost 195hp stock and weigh about 2600lbs i think. he added a sunroof, which adds weight, but removed a LOT more stuff and is probably around 2500 lbs now

intake + exhaust + headers might add 15-20hp for a type R right? or is it more like 10hp?

anyways, about ~210 horses and 2500lbs should be able to keep nup with ~280ish horses (minus awd drivetrain loss) and 3100lbs from a roll right? i won only because of the awd holeshot

Yikes! Quite the sleeper.
    Why don't you switch your UTEC to stage 2? You have the turboback exhaust plus more. Is it becasue of the AVC-R?
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

my utec is out, it never worked with my avcr well and im too busy to try to learn to tune it right now. the few times ive tried doing using methods people have given me but they dont work.

the only times the utec doesnt give me CEL flashes is when the car is running slower than it would w/out the utec, so there's obviousely something wierd going on with the utec/avcr combo when it's in the hands of a non-pro. im sure it would be a lot simpler if it were just the utec

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.