Saturn introduces "Red Line" Performance Models
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Saturn introduces "Red Line" Performance Models within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=03794634 supercharged ion? honestly the blue car doesn't look THAT bad... but its still a saturn hehe j/p...

Saturn introduces "Red Line" Performance Models

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=03794634

supercharged ion? honestly the blue car doesn't look THAT bad... but its still a saturn hehe j/p
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

saturn performance lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    saturn performance lol
    It was only a few years ago when EVERYONE branded every Subaru as slow. Trust me, they were. I had an old Subaru. Evey car company is NOT going to come out with a performance line when the company is brand new. They have to build revenue and trust. If a brand new car company came out and offered a $50,000 car, would you buy it? HELL NO. No one would. I think Saturns are reliable, peppy, decent looking cars. I also think that Saturn is a company that is not afraid to try new things, which is a good thing. I wish them the best of luck.

saturn-performance........oxy-moron!

Saturns arent the worst car ever, but you cant throw crap in an oven and call it a Turkey haha!

Originally posted by Cincy-Rex
    saturn-performance........oxy-moron!

Saturns arent the worst car ever, but you cant throw crap in an oven and call it a Turkey haha!
    My Subaru was the biggest POS ever built. This was about 19 years ago now that that car was built. Now look at Subaru, look where they have come. Saturn is a much younger company than Subaru. So give them a chance. Saturns have always been reliable cars, they are already 1 up on what Subaru was at that age.

Saturn = GM = not new by any means
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

GM owns Saab. You saying you wouldn't drive a Saab?

If you think old subaru's are slow, you should drive an older saturn. I could kill my friends 94 SL1 by 4-5 car lengths at around 70 mph with my old 92 honda accord lx auto. I know the SC1 isn't their sporty car, but I guess the SC2's aren't any faster. Anyway, i'm glad that they are giving it a shot anyway, it always helps us out as the enthusiasts when manufacturers make more sport compacts, it helps competition.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

saturn is barely a step above buick on the boring scale. these new models are intended to boost brand image more than anything.

i thought they were talking about building a saturn "tuner" series with a turbocharged motor, from what i'd read before.
    2002 s2k - stock

Originally posted by 2001S4
    GM owns Saab. You saying you wouldn't drive a Saab?
    not in my lifetime. my aunt's brand new saab has been in the shop at least once a month for the 2 years she has owned it. what a pos. apparently you cant hit potholes in a saab because the whole rear suspension "breaks."

and also...that 3.5L v6 in the VUE is from honda. no, gm does not own honda, it was just a deal set up with them. gm is buying honda v6's.

Yeah saabs aren't very good quality but they are pretty fast, they are also hella expensive to fix. I do agree though that saturn has got to start somewhere, i just wish they would have made a turbo'd car, maybe even made a purpose built sports car instead of just souping up the ion, it would help take away from their "boring" image.

My pops drives a '96 Saturn with over 325K miles on it and the paint is the only really hurtin' part. I could use new spring/ struts, but they don't bounce or leak yet......

My good friend drives an black '86 SPG which is pretty much the nastiest car I've ever ridden in. Over 190K on it and the turbo is just starting to hurt.....Not even 2 feet of snowand Ice could stop that thing on VT backroads....frickin thing was solid as a rock! He couldn't get it loose if he tried...
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

Yah but there is a differnce in owning Saab and starting the saturn line

Saturn isnt a company GM bought. Its like a super extension of the fiero line. Plastic cars
    -Andrew

wow, thats a lot of miles. My dads old 89 accord got 300k on it before we sold it and still goin strong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast