Saturn introduces "Red Line" Performance Models - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Saturn introduces "Red Line" Performance Models within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Solak, the SL2 had the twin cam engine with more hp and it definitely had more pep. And yes, the ...

Solak, the SL2 had the twin cam engine with more hp and it definitely had more pep. And yes, the old Subaru was MUCH slower than any saturn. It had trouble going uphill. Seriously, I would have it floored and it would be a struggle to get up a hill. This car was decked out with all the electronics, digital dash, trip computer, everything. It was considered their "flagship" at the time. It rusted, it was slow, the engine knocked from day one. The tranny went. I even had chunks of metal fall off it while I was washing it. This is what all Subaru's were like. They were Pieces of Sh1t. They came out with the Brat to try to appeal to the younger crowd. Who really needs a pickup car with seats in the bed? They were doing what Saturn is doing now. Trying to broaden their prosective buyers. They later adopted the AWD on all cars. They were still not the best or most reliable cars out there at this point, and they certainly had NO performance. And in the US especially, there were NO fast Subarus and NO performance minded Subarus until the WRX was finally released here. The closest thing was the 2.5RS which is just not really a performance car. Point being Subaru started off just selling cars and getting their name out there. They went through a lot of ridicule, hard times, and new ideas. Over time they started to produce more appealing cars. They started to produce more reliable cars. People started to take Subaru a lot more seriously. If you don't remember all this, maybe you are too young or just didn't pay attention to it. But I have had experience with Subaru since the early 80's and I saw their transformation. My sister had a Saturn, and I have had experience with Saturn since the early to mid 90's. I am already seeing many similarities between the two companies. Why not give them a chance to produce these cars and see where they go. If no one did this, Subarus would still just be littering junk yards with rusted out shells.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

need i say more?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 315.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    need i say more?
    need I say more?

I'll say more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ricerex.jpg  

Originally posted by kushdogg
    I'll say more...
    EEK

Yeah I know. Seriously it'll be interesting to see what happens with the Saturn (not the one Eli posted). They do look pretty bad ass, but let's see if it'll perform. Remember the Celica ad campain: Looks fast.

Originally posted by kushdogg
    Yeah I know. Seriously it'll be interesting to see what happens with the Saturn (not the one Eli posted). They do look pretty bad ass, but let's see if it'll perform. Remember the Celica ad campain: Looks fast.
    Yeah, I love that commercial when the dog runs into the parked Celica. Classic

wow, thats a lot of miles. My dads old 89 accord got 300k on it before we sold it and still goin strong.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by solak321
    wow, thats a lot of miles. My dads old 89 accord got 300k on it before we sold it and still goin strong.
    Uh, did the system duplicate this post?

No, but I think it duplicate those cheeks! God lord

I was going back a lot that might have been how it duplicated it, i was at school when i did i was posting earlier (slow connection). haha, 2001S4 do you know that girl?
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by solak321
    2001S4 do you know that girl?
    If you got cash, I can see that you know her

As much as I'll laugh at the idea of a performance Saturn, it's kinda nice to see that at least one GM line is heading in the right direction. Knowing Chevy, the car will be slow anyways. Being a disgruntal Chevy fan, I'm sooo upset when I saw the numbers on the new GTO priced at high $30k. 340hp LS1...0-60 6 seconds and that's their new sports car. Maybe they'll start to rethink what they're doing charging $17,000 for a base Z24 Cavalier that has no new R&D in it and still has the crap push on plastic interiors, when Dodge has the new Neon for a bit more. GM has to step up to the plate someday. Maybe this is it?
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    If you got cash, I can see that you know her
    Do ya take plastic?
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

I say big thumbs up for Saturn/GM on this one. Don't forget what a Honda Prelude used to be like. Moves like this can only help the car market for enthusiasts as a whole.

I like the Red line VUE. It kind of reminds me of the Forrester.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.