I think my car is broken

This is a discussion on I think my car is broken within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just DESTROYED a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE up on the highway from an 80 mph roll. Like six car ...

I think my car is broken

I just DESTROYED a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE up on the highway from an 80 mph roll. Like six car lengths when I shutdown at 115. I was proud of myself and decided to check and see how fast one of those is supposed to be. Turns out they are supposed to be just about as fast as a stock rex (like mine), on the highway anyhow.

Opinions?
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, with the 3.5 engines they are pretty quick. My guess is it was automatic, and maybe you got the jump on him.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Yep, with the 3.5 engines they are pretty quick. My guess is it was automatic, and maybe you got the jump on him.
    i agree or maybe they werent racing? good run though...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Those things are definitely no joke on the highway. I got rimmed by one from a about 60mph to 100mph. Worst part about the beating was that it was an older lady in her late 40's /early 50's who dealt with me. That was the day that I decided that I would need a turbo swap in the near future. The stocker just doesn't have much upstairs.... Not so bad with TBXS stage 2, but definitely no substitute for a decent sized turbo
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    Worst part about the beating was that it was an older lady in her late 40's /early 50's who dealt with me.
    oh wow, i can't even imagine the shame of getting beat by a little old lady. haha, j/k man it happens to the best of us.
    p.s. 40-50 isn't that old i know.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

3.5 is quick. And our car is not famous for any top end drag either. I ususally don't try anything above 3rd gear, 4th gear and up is just slow.

The guy was definitely racing. I thought some more and I think he was a stick shift in the wrong gear.

Here is how the deal went down:

I was cruising along about 3 carlengths back admiring the dual mufflers and 3.5 SE badge. Traffic was sparse on the 6 lane highway and we were both in the fast lane. He began to slow down for no apparent reason. I signaled and began an undertaking pass (he was not getting over). When I got alongside he floored it. I immediately downshifted and followed suit. Wound out third side by side and as soon as I shifted to fourth I started to pull away. I opened up the six carlengths in fourth then just put it in fifth. We were coming up on some traffic damn quick so I backed off and checked my mirrors. Here he comes full bore for a flyby so I put my hazzards on to piss him off. He flys by at a minimum of 120 on the hard shoulder and swerves thru some traffic then gets off at the next available exit.

I think he thought I was not worthy of a downshift.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***