Wrx Vs E46 M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i just got my rex a few days ago so im still learning how it handles etc. So the ...

Wrx Vs E46 M3

Well i just got my rex a few days ago so im still learning how it handles etc. So the guy with the M3 is a friend of mine, so we decided to go for a little joy ride. Yes this was on the street, but there were no cars out. So first run he tries to pass me and hes already accelerating, when i floor it in 3rd at 4k rpms, i kept him down and started to put a tad bit of space on him, but not very much.
    Next came I-95.
    Anyways were going and im in 3rd gear(not in boost) kept on his side then missed 4th . So we do it again and i keep by his side for a little of 3rd but hes pulling then when i get into 4th he starts pulling even harder, we ended off at around 125 or so, and he had 4 maybe 5 car lengths on me. so we take an offramp( me following) and im still not sure about the limits etc, half way through the off ramp i punch it and start gaining and slingshot out of the off ramp by him(i think he let off??) Then came the worst part of the night, i gave my first launch attempt with a wrx, lets just say i had an aborted launch, i didnt stall i just screwed it up.
    Finnaly we parted and i became aquainted with my new friend lift throttle oversteer, i love how the car handles it keeps the slide in control etc.
    Alos in case youre wondering i have a vf22, mrt intercooler, and lots of other engine goodies, then coilovers etc etc etc. The car will run mid 12's, but wont take a m3 from a highway roll. We both agreed that i need to be in boost next time and quicken my shifts. All in all it was a fun night. Enjoy.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The car will run mid 12's, but wont take a m3 from a highway roll.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

A stage 4 WRX SHOULD take an E46 M3 from a roll... I have seen my friends Stage 4 race another friends SMG M3 while I tried to follow in my SHO (at least I tried). It was very close, and I can understand that if you are just getting used to the WRX, you may lose. Did you buy it used?
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

ditto what Jimmy said...

i've raced quite a few e46 m3's (from stop and 30+ rolls) and I NEVER had to spray on them to kill them. (this was with my previous setup, vf34 UTEC stage4). I have 2 friends with wrx stage 4 (or equivalent) that can easily take the new m3's from stop or roll.

I think you need to get your car dyno'd or take it to the drag strip (if you haven't already). I've seen one too many vf22's give crappier results than people expected. Big turbo...yes, reliable turbo...NO. Are you running on a tuned ems or are you running a generic map? I know a dude that insisted that his vf22 was a good 12 sec setup (greddy fmic, sti inj, etc...etc...) w/his unichip. He barely broke into the mid 13's and that was with me trying as well. I sold him my link possum and helped him tune it and last I heard he broke into the high 12's.

e46 roolz
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Re: Wrx Vs E46 M3

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Well i just got my rex a few days ago so im still learning how it handles etc. So the guy with the M3 is a friend of mine, so we decided to go for a little joy ride. Yes this was on the street, but there were no cars out. So first run he tries to pass me and hes already accelerating, when i floor it in 3rd at 4k rpms, i kept him down and started to put a tad bit of space on him, but not very much.
    Next came I-95.
    Anyways were going and im in 3rd gear(not in boost) kept on his side then missed 4th . So we do it again and i keep by his side for a little of 3rd but hes pulling then when i get into 4th he starts pulling even harder, we ended off at around 125 or so, and he had 4 maybe 5 car lengths on me. so we take an offramp( me following) and im still not sure about the limits etc, half way through the off ramp i punch it and start gaining and slingshot out of the off ramp by him(i think he let off??) Then came the worst part of the night, i gave my first launch attempt with a wrx, lets just say i had an aborted launch, i didnt stall i just screwed it up.
    Finnaly we parted and i became aquainted with my new friend lift throttle oversteer, i love how the car handles it keeps the slide in control etc.
    Alos in case youre wondering i have a vf22, mrt intercooler, and lots of other engine goodies, then coilovers etc etc etc. The car will run mid 12's, but wont take a m3 from a highway roll. We both agreed that i need to be in boost next time and quicken my shifts. All in all it was a fun night. Enjoy.
    Did you buy it used? because that is a lot of mods to have in just a few days.
    "If at first you don't succeed, pay someone else to do it."

"The word of the day is legs, lets go back to your place and spread the word."

ACE

Was wondering the same thing myself. Shouldn't open up the car like that if it's new.

Re: Re: Wrx Vs E46 M3

Originally posted by GotPSI?
    He was posting in this thread :

Finnaly getting my WRX!!

Apparently he bought it off of a guy on eBay with about $40k+ in tuning and mods already done to the car, by Cobb.

-the_bear

I was gettin scared there for a second! If a stage 4 plus vf22 car cannot take out an M3, what would happen to a stage4plus pe1820 car?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

SBW
    Yeah, I think once you learn how to drive it better and get used to it, you need to meet again and have a rematch.

:::RoCkY Theme Song playing:::

Oh we will meet again, we have been friends since highschool, also were roomates in college. So when i get better at it ill race him again, make that a lot.

Anyways its been dynoed with 255hp at the wheels and i think 240lbs of torque at the wheels. Also when we raced on the highway it was from 65+ so it was a top end run. The one time i raced him in boost in 3rd i held him off and put some room between us like half a car or so. So low end i have the advantage when in boost but up high 4th and 5th im dead in the water. All i have to say is the coilovers do wonders for the handling plus the 18's.

Are you on the stock intercooler? My friend with a Stage IV with a FMIC was making ~295 WHP after tuning (of course). But he has a VF23..
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

i have a top mount mrt intercooler

hmm. with your mods, I would think that you should be running closer to 300AWHP. Atleast the VF22 is capable uf supporting that at least. Perhaps you need to get turboXS or Vishnu to retune the car for you.. just a suggestion,
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Ya theres quite a few mods i didnt list in my sig. Im at 18psi right now, and im getting ready to put the sti injectors and a fuel pump in. Also the up and downpipe are stock but had the cats removed, so i plan to get a scoobysport up and downpipe soon. The vf22 i think can go up to 22psi, but im not going to push it to that without injectors, and if i ever do it will only be for short races then back down again. I also want a cusco rear sway bar next, but for the most part the work has been done for me. 333hp at the crank is nice, but we can do better . My dad drove it, his comments "It drives like my 944 turbo cup car, its on friggin rails" Then he said he wants to get some more power, hes always been power hungry, all his porsches he would have tuned by weisach(not sure of spelling). Anyways im gonna go practice my launches so ill be ready for the next race with my friends M3. L8r.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast