Wrx Vs E46 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ah, yes, those supporting mods are important. After you are done, get you car dynoed again and you should be ...

Ah, yes, those supporting mods are important. After you are done, get you car dynoed again and you should be pushing 300.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Ya theres quite a few mods i didnt list in my sig. Im at 18psi right now, and im getting ready to put the sti injectors and a fuel pump in. Also the up and downpipe are stock but had the cats removed, so i plan to get a scoobysport up and downpipe soon. The vf22 i think can go up to 22psi, but im not going to push it to that without injectors, and if i ever do it will only be for short races then back down again. I also want a cusco rear sway bar next, but for the most part the work has been done for me. 333hp at the crank is nice, but we can do better . My dad drove it, his comments "It drives like my 944 turbo cup car, its on friggin rails" Then he said he wants to get some more power, hes always been power hungry, all his porsches he would have tuned by weisach(not sure of spelling). Anyways im gonna go practice my launches so ill be ready for the next race with my friends M3. L8r.
    Well, that explains why you lost... I think most people, including myself, were under the assumption that you were running something equivalent to the txs stage 4 (larger injectors and fuel pump, aftermarket uppipe and turboback,etc...). I HIGHLY doubt that your setup right now is capable of mid-12's. More like high 12's and low 13's. I'm surprised that you're running 18psi. Are the stock injectors running static?

For the amount of money you paid for that car, it should have at least come with larger injectors and a non-stock uppipe and downpipe. Stock downpipe is especially terrible when running a larger turbo like the vf22.

Get the car setup right and dyno tune it. THen you'll be whooping on e46 m3's like they're nothing.

Ya the stock down and uppipe are there yet they have the cats removed. I soon plan to go to a sccobysport up and downpipe. The injectors go in shortly as well as the fuel pump. Do you guys know if they need to take the engine out for the injectors(stupid question) cuz if thats the case ill do the uppipe at the same time. Also how much more of a benifit will i get from an aftermarket downpipe in comparison to the decatted up and downpipe. Also for what i paid i got a steal as it is, i checked all the reciepts from cobb, subaru and the shops whop did the install etc, and total came out to around $63k. But ya i wish he had the injectors etc already on but what can you do.

Ya when i get done with it my buddies M3 shouldnt be a problem, i just need to remember to stay in boost. I still had him in 3rd but ya 4th and 5th he walked away. Thanks for the advice, im still new to the tuning part of the WRX.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

$63K and no up/down pipe , injectors , or fuel pump???????. I won't be getting any work done at that shop!!!

Well the $63k in mods includes the cars price, and it was not just engine work. It has the body aesthetics, plus full suspension rims brembo brakes etc. Interior stuff etc. The parts are what make up the majority of the cost, ya there is instalation charge but all the prices were normal for the work done. It was tuned in house by COBB so that cost a bit too. $7k in stereo equip and many other things. Anyways ya theres a few things left to be done but overall the car is amazing. Also I have a few videos id like to post of my drifts, how might i go about doing that.

i cant believe you are boosting so high with injectors and fuel pump. no wonder the first engine blew...

ya thats why im getting them put in soon so that it doesnt happen again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12