Raced White s4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced White s4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home, just got off the highway and was stopped at a light, it had just turned green and I ...

SBW

Raced White s4

Coming home, just got off the highway and was stopped at a light, it had just turned green and I started to go and while in the left lane, a white s4 that lives in my area started coming up behind me in the right lane.

I go, then back off a little, then he does, then I do again so he's got the jump on me. I wasn't sure if he wanted to race, so of course this stupid mating ritual must go on, where we get on and off the gas next to each other. He was a sport though and took off when he saw me do it the first time.

Anyway, he gets in front of me, and I start hanging with him about a carlength behind his rear bumper. My friend in the passenger seat is telling me to slow down cuz we'll get him at the light. And suprisingly enough the next light was red.

I approach the light still trying to slow down, because I was speeding towards it hoping we could both be stopped and lined up ready to go for the green. I stop and line up a little behind him. We both screw up the launch HA! we are morons and both lose just because of that. At first he got a half a car ahead of me by a little and then by the end of third I was pulling on him slowly and he ended up backing off right when I caught up. very close, that race would basically be up to the driver and whoever got the better launch I think, considering I've got a UTEC and his car was prolly stock.

Definitely would have liked the chance to talk to him, but he bounced quickly afterwards. I had fun, even though he didn't seem to want to talk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock for stock, WRX will beat him simply because it's lighter. Freeway pull the s4 will walk on you (STOCK FOR STOCK). Be carefull of the ones that are chipped 300+ lbs of torque at 3k.

Originally posted by ABTMuda
    Stock for stock, WRX will beat him simply because it's lighter. Freeway pull the s4 will walk on you (STOCK FOR STOCK). Be carefull of the ones that are chipped 300+ lbs of torque at 3k.
    Stock for stock the WRX won't win. The one with the better driver will win.

Car and Driver ran them stock vs. stock and the WRX won. C&D's numbers:

WRX:
    0 - 60: 5.4 secs
    1/4 mile: 14.1 secs at 96 mph

S4:
    0 - 60: 5.5 secs
    1/4 mile: not listed

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...l?keywords=wrx

Maybe 2001S4 meant that the S4 would win at getting more money out of your bank account.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Originally posted by Shadow
    Car and Driver ran them stock vs. stock and the WRX won. C&D's numbers:

WRX:
    0 - 60: 5.4 secs
    1/4 mile: 14.1 secs at 96 mph

S4:
    0 - 60: 5.5 secs
    1/4 mile: not listed

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...l?keywords=wrx

-Shadow

Let me expand on my . What does quoting the magazine articles prove? Nothing. The better driver will still win. I happen to remember that article stating that by 100mph, the S4 had a half a second advantage on both the WRX and the 330XI. That doesn't mean that it will always beat those cars to 100. It means that you put the best driver in that car and he always drives to the best of his ability, THEN he will always win. Otherwise, it is and always will be a drivers race. That goes for ANY race.

And Shadow, your last comment that you added in there was just plain stupid. Sorry that you are hung up on price tags, maybe you overextended yourself a bit there. Sorry bout that.
    Last edited by 2001S4; 04-07-2003 at 07:41 PM.

Can you dump your clutch with S4??

I've raced one, and he had the lead on launch 3 consecutive times.

2001S4, pardon me if you can't handle a little joking around.

Regarding your comments, I agree that it is a driver's race. However, you said "Stock versus stock the WRX won't win". What I am I supposed to infer be that statement? Obviously C&D had the same driver make multiple runs in all three vehicles in that comparison test. In that case the WRX had better numbers. Is this always going to be the case? Probably not, but that does not mean "stock versus stock the WRX won't win". You are correct about the half second the S4 picks up at 100 mph, but the S4 still lost to the WRX in other places. I just take issue with you saying "... the WRX won't win".

-Shadow

Originally posted by nyxjf
    Can you dump your clutch with S4??

I've raced one, and he had the lead on launch 3 consecutive times.
    The S4 is just as easy to launch as a WRX, or just as hard depending on whether you are a good driver. With equal drivers with identical launches, the cars will be side by side until you start reaching about 90 mph, when the S4 will start to slowly pull ahead. Don't forget it has much better gearing.

I just take issue with you saying "... the WRX won't win".

-Shadow
    Well get over it. If you read just a tad bit more, you will see my point, its a drivers race.

As far as you joking around, picture it from my point of view. How many times do you think I had to read a post from a WRX owner saying something about price. It gets to be more than annoying time after time.

And lastly. I never said the WRX would lose or that the S4 would win.
    Last edited by 2001S4; 04-07-2003 at 07:55 PM.

haha, someone's a bit uptight here.

We all know that WRX has weak tranny, and it'll be demolished if you keep dumping the clutch. I meant to ask, does it harm your tranny as in WRX when you dump it?

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Well get over it. If you read just a tad bit more, you will see my point, its a drivers race.

As far as you joking around, picture it from my point of view. How many times do you think I had to read a post from a WRX owner saying something about price. It gets to be more than annoying time after time.
    Fine. Then you get over the price comments anad I'll get over your comments. I'll I'm trying to say is that for you to state "stock versus stock the WRX won't win" is incorrect.

-Shadow

Fine. Then you get over the price comments anad I'll get over your comments. I'll I'm trying to say is that for you to state "stock versus stock the WRX won't win" is incorrect.

-Shadow
    whatever

Originally posted by nyxjf
    haha, someone's a bit uptight here.

We all know that WRX has weak tranny, and it'll be demolished if you keep dumping the clutch. I meant to ask, does it harm your tranny as in WRX when you dump it?
    I think that any AWD car's tranny has the potential to be severely damaged when launched in such a manner. I only launched my car once really, just because of that fact. A good AWD launch is a blast in a fast car, no doubt, but it is just not worth the repair bills.

thnx~ for answering~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast