Raced White s4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Raced White s4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 03WRX I actually have a copy of that C&D issue in hands (I'll fill in what was ...

Originally posted by 03WRX
    I actually have a copy of that C&D issue in hands (I'll fill in what was not listed):

WRX:
    1/4mile: 14.1@96mph
    0-100mph: 15.5
    0-120mph: 25.2
    top speed: 142mph

S4:
    1/4mile: 14.2@97mph
    0-100mph: 15.0
    0-120mph: 23.1
    top speed: 142mph (governed)

Pretty damn close.

My opinion is that the S4 is a really nice car geared towards a balance of performance and luxury. The WRX is a great bang for the buck car geared more towards performance (which includes a plethora of inexpensive, reliable aftermarket parts available) and less on the luxury. Both cars are nice and are winners in their respective design goals. For $25k you can't find another AWD performance car like the WRX. For $40k you can't find another AWD performance car as luxurious and roomy as the S4.
    Very well put. I want to point out one thing though. The S4 actually is quite small. The back seat is smaller than the WRX, mainly do to the huge trunk in the S4. It is very luxurious, just on the cramped side.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Very well put. I want to point out one thing though. The S4 actually is quite small. The back seat is smaller than the WRX, mainly do to the huge trunk in the S4. It is very luxurious, just on the cramped side.
    Really? (per the backseat). My wife has a 1999 Audi A4 1.8T. Hmmm.... I guess the seats seem more comfy and larger in her car than mine but I guess I never closely examined leg room and shoulder room since it's our dog who is the only one back there. His big 88lb body just seems more comfortable in her back seat but I guess that doesn't take into account leg and shoulder room. Just larger seats. The front seems more roomy, though(shoulder room-wise).

You're right, that trunk is HUGE for that size car!

BTW - saw those new S4's with the new V8's at the Dallas Auto show. They had both a sedan and a wagon. When are those due for sale? Those are really nice.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by 03WRX
    BTW - saw those new S4's with the new V8's at the Dallas Auto show. They had both a sedan and a wagon. When are those due for sale? Those are really nice.
    A large part of the Audi community is pretty disappointed with the S4. While a V8 does give great power, you lose the modability of the twin-turbo, which was just a silky smooth engine. Also, the new cars performance is said to be less than that of the first gen's performance. Hardly the car to compete with the E46 M3

Originally posted by 2001S4
    A large part of the Audi community is pretty disappointed with the S4. While a V8 does give great power, you lose the modability of the twin-turbo, which was just a silky smooth engine. Also, the new cars performance is said to be less than that of the first gen's performance. Hardly the car to compete with the E46 M3
    I didn't realize a lot of Audi S4 owners mod their cars (I don't know much about aftermarket for Audis). Being a former Camaro owner I guess I just assumed the V8 would be easier to mod. If I recall, isn't the new S4 considerably heavier than the previous S4 which results in almost identical accleration times?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234