Raced White s4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced White s4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My expectations of the s4 were a little higher, with the fact they're six speed and the fact that they ...

SBW
    My expectations of the s4 were a little higher, with the fact they're six speed and the fact that they have two k03's (i think) which are relatively small fast spooling turbo's. Maybe their gearing is a little taller than I thought.

Any race comes down to the drivers, in this case we both sucked balls cuz we both botched the launch. My shifting was quick and positive and I think he may have missed a gear going into third which helped me, case in point. but is stock vs. stock really gonna prove anything? I mean, who cares really who can beat who stock, I'd rather know I did well because of my driving skills.

And Im a firm believer in respecting all types of cars, no matter what.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if there's one thing everyone knows is...its not how you stand by your car...its how you race it...you better learn that.
    lambosv21

I'd take S4 over WRX anyday. Sucha sweet car.

Originally posted by ABTMuda
    I said it and will say it again. STOCK FOR STOCK wrx will be able to pull by a nose on the S4. I have done it about 2 dozen times with a friend.

On the freeway it's a different story, S4 walks on me.

I have a Blitz BOV and an K&N, he has nothing.

That proves my point once again. You didn't beat the car, you beat the driver. Now let me add to this so Shadow doesn't get his panties in a bunch and LemonHerb doesn't continue to call me a WRX hater. EITHER car will be able to win, DEPENDING on the driver. You beat the same car with the same driver about 2 dozen times. I bet if you put someone who can drive that car a little better that it may be able to edge your car out. IT all depends on the driver. LemonHerb, you really think I hate the WRX, huh?
    Last edited by 2001S4; 04-08-2003 at 10:35 AM.

Just thought I would clear a few things up. First off 2001S4 is far from a WRX hater, he is a friend of mine, and asks to drive my car any chance he can. I think he just hates stupid WRX owners. And I agree alot of you have no idea what your talking about and make crap up just to defend your car. Second he is right, its purely a drivers race up to 90, but on the highway the S4 would crush any stock WRX, and this is coming from someone that ownes a WRX.

Just my 2 cents.

SBW
    Seems like this argument can be related to the protection of your cars ego?? I mean, this sounds like everyone is trying to avoid the fact that either car may be slower than the other.

Then, 2001S4 will say that races are completely dependent on drivers, which I agree with, only when the cars are closely matched performance wise.

And I agree alot of you have no idea what your talking about and make crap up just to defend your car.
    To say that noone has any idea of what they're talking about is wrong, the only things stated here can be cited in either magazines or come from personal experience's and I dont think anyone is lying, nor has anyone said anything farfetched.

Im really indifferent towards 2001s4, whether he hates wrx's or not. It doesn't matter, if his comments are biased because of his feeling, whatever, they're only his comments and insight. I love s4's, but I think UR quattro's are better, same thing, my comments and feelings. My point is, I dont think he hates wrx's, and if he did, it wouldn't matter.

Originally posted by SBW
    Seems like this argument can be related to the protection of your cars ego?? I mean, this sounds like everyone is trying to avoid the fact that either car may be slower than the other.

Then, 2001S4 will say that races are completely dependent on drivers, which I agree with, only when the cars are closely matched performance wise.

To say that noone has any idea of what they're talking about is wrong, the only things stated here can be cited in either magazines or come from personal experience's and I dont think anyone is lying, nor has anyone said anything farfetched.

Im really indifferent towards 2001s4, whether he hates wrx's or not. It doesn't matter, if his comments are biased because of his feeling, whatever, they're only his comments and insight. I love s4's, but I think UR quattro's are better, same thing, my comments and feelings. My point is, I dont think he hates wrx's, and if he did, it wouldn't matter.
    Thanks, I think.

can't this sort of thing just stop? who cares?
    we all like cars right?

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    can't this sort of thing just stop? who cares?
    we all like cars right?
    I know I do, but then again I am the one being called a hater

SBW, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you not miss your GTI cause you didn't like it or cause you are just enjoying the WRX so much. Just wondering.

SBW
    2001s4

I have no problem with you and agree with what your saying completely.

I didn't like the comment that culgan said about us not knowing what were talking about, I believe we do, thats all.

****, if we sit here and bull**** about something we didn't know jack about for this long, we should all be salesmen.

Originally posted by SBW
    2001s4

****, if we sit here and bull**** about something we didn't know jack about for this long, we should all be salesmen.

Originally posted by SBW
    2001s4

I have no problem with you and agree with what your saying completely.

I didn't like the comment that culgan said about us not knowing what were talking about, I believe we do, thats all.

Culgan was not responding to just this thread. I know he has seen quite a few threads here in which he just was astonished at a lot of the views of a lot of the members here. He was reacting to that more than anything, not what you said or what the majority in this thread said. And I still say to your last statement

Just to clear things up, my reply wasn't to this thread, but in general. Nothing fictional was said here, I am just tired of the "from a stop we would have won" "we can take em in the bendz" mentality of some people on this board. I just don't think people should make excuses everytime there wrx loses a race.

Originally posted by Shadow
    Car and Driver ran them stock vs. stock and the WRX won. C&D's numbers:

WRX:
    0 - 60: 5.4 secs
    1/4 mile: 14.1 secs at 96 mph

S4:
    0 - 60: 5.5 secs
    1/4 mile: not listed

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...l?keywords=wrx

Maybe 2001S4 meant that the S4 would win at getting more money out of your bank account.

-Shadow
    I actually have a copy of that C&D issue in hands (I'll fill in what was not listed):

WRX:
    1/4mile: 14.1@96mph
    0-100mph: 15.5
    0-120mph: 25.2
    top speed: 142mph

S4:
    1/4mile: 14.2@97mph
    0-100mph: 15.0
    0-120mph: 23.1
    top speed: 142mph (governed)

Pretty damn close.

My opinion is that the S4 is a really nice car geared towards a balance of performance and luxury. The WRX is a great bang for the buck car geared more towards performance (which includes a plethora of inexpensive, reliable aftermarket parts available) and less on the luxury. Both cars are nice and are winners in their respective design goals. For $25k you can't find another AWD performance car like the WRX. For $40k you can't find another AWD performance car as luxurious and roomy as the S4.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.