Raced my friends Z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced my friends Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friends mom has a new 350z touring. We always talk about racing, so we finally got around to it. ...

Raced my friends Z

My friends mom has a new 350z touring. We always talk about racing, so we finally got around to it.

First run:
    Slip it at five (burnt clutch smell ) and he slips at ~3K-4K. We both have tiny amounts of chirping. I've got him by a car lenght or more until about 70 when we shut down.

Second run:
    I bog it slipping at around 4 and he gets a jump w/ the same launch as before, he gets me by about a half a car length (i made up some distance in second ).

All in all, from what i could tell is if i can launch right consistently (a big if) then i will take him. It's easier to launch his car. So anyway, i like the z, and respect it, and we had some fun runs.

The tiebreaker is saved for like next couple of weekends or so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's awesome Eric. I've been wanting to race one of those babies So, with my mods I should be able to blow the doors off of one
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    That's awesome Eric. I've been wanting to race one of those babies So, with my mods I should be able to blow the doors off of one
    Most definetly, fun cars though, i've driven his (moms) a bunch.

Originally posted by Shard
    Most definetly, fun cars though, i've driven his (moms) a bunch.
    Hmmm...I'm thinking second car. Oh yeah, I need money to get one of those...not gonna happen!
    Fahd

Dude i'd totally like to have one of each. Two totally different monsters ya know?

Especially with one of these http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/inducti...ddy_tt_kit.htm

Dude i'd totally like to have one of each. Two totally different monsters ya know?

Especially with one of these http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/inducti...ddy_tt_kit.htm
    Damn you Eric...as if I didn't have enough things to lust over
    Fahd

i totally wasted a z last friday. i mean, by at least 5+ car lengths. i shut off at about 70mph. it wasnt even funny. well, at least i got the thumbs up from him when he came up to me again. eh, but was what i expecting from a rear wheel drive car during rain showers !
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Damn you Eric...as if I didn't have enough things to lust over
    Ditto fahd, my friend wants it, he gets the car during college!

And as for you ellinopedo182, racing z's in the rain? Shame on you...

well, at least i didnt add my win over a bimmer 325 in the rain that same day. bastard tried running me off the road a couple of times, but i tought him. im too tired to tell the whole story, but there was this cocky ******* in an older 325 trying to be a badass on the expressway while it was raining. tailgated me all the way by my house, until we came up to a red light, i let him pass, he gets over, and then gets into my lane, i pop over to the next lane, he moves into that lane to, i move over to the next one, and he does the same thing. well, we finally got next to next, i drop my window and im like, thats it were both racing NOW. he just starts laughing. red red green... boom im off... could barely see the bastard.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Re: Raced my friends Z

What are your mods Shard? If any?

My friends mom has a new 350z touring. We always talk about racing, so we finally got around to it.

First run:
    Slip it at five (burnt clutch smell ) and he slips at ~3K-4K. We both have tiny amounts of chirping. I've got him by a car lenght or more until about 70 when we shut down.

Second run:
    I bog it slipping at around 4 and he gets a jump w/ the same launch as before, he gets me by about a half a car length (i made up some distance in second ).

All in all, from what i could tell is if i can launch right consistently (a big if) then i will take him. It's easier to launch his car. So anyway, i like the z, and respect it, and we had some fun runs.

The tiebreaker is saved for like next couple of weekends or so.

I've got the free junk

3/16
    IC Sprayer, which i didn't use... forgot dammit.
    Silencer removed
    grounding "mod"

Thats it i believe. O yea, and a boost gauge.

Talking

thats even better that you're stock. i really would have thought a 350z would pull on us are at least hang right there side by side. now, i guess i don't have to be so scared of them...
    Last edited by swipe112; 04-07-2003 at 11:33 AM.

Originally posted by swipe112
    thats even better that you're stock. i really would have thought a 350z would pull on us are at least hang right there side by side. now, i guess i don't have to be so scared of them...
    No need to be scared of the big bad z.

stock scoobie runs low 14s, stock z also run low 14s, but the z traps a lot higher. you will from the beginin, then you lose on top.

Originally posted by junaitari
    I knew someone would say it pretty soon. I get so tired of hearing this comment.
    Ditto, i was waiting for it. Point is, I raced my friends Z, and beat him and could do it again, all in good fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.