EVO bad mouths WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on EVO bad mouths WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I read that post last night. I am very impressed at the Evo's performance, especially pulling that 13.6. (Hasn't some ...

I read that post last night. I am very impressed at the Evo's performance, especially pulling that 13.6. (Hasn't some car magazine, maybe R&T gotten a 13.5?) But just like everyone thinks, his comparing of the Evo to the stock WRX is like comparing a Camaro Z28 to a V-6 Mustang. Sure, the two nameplates were meant to face each other, but he's comparing different trim levels.

Just let that jerkoff wait until the STi beast is unleashed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey guys dont the evos in japan and europe nearly always out preform the sti? Its just a question. I own a 2002 wrx so im not a hater
    Its just that most of the magz in this world seem to say that.

Im going to buy one of the two once there reviewed together.

cali,

The Evo is renowned as being one the best handling cars in the world...hence the glowing reviews of it over the STi. However, the US-spec STi we're getting is a different beast altogether, so we'll see how it fares when it's released. It's gonna be such a monster.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Originally posted by GREDDY
    I love the part about the 97 BMW 328 as fast as a WRX. That was a good laugh! Last I remembered, 97 M3's were losing to my stock WRX. What a joke!
    Funny, I smoked a stock WRX just the other week... Must be my superior driving skills, and the fact that it was on the highway...
    1997 Arctic Silver M3/2
    UUC Tranny Mounts, UUC Clutch Bushings, Motorsport X-Brace, Alpine CDA 7894, JBL BP600.1, JL 12W3 V2

Originally posted by cravnpup
    Funny, I smoked a stock WRX just the other week... Must be my superior driving skills, and the fact that it was on the highway...
    When I had only basic exhaust mod's, I ran even from a roll with M3's (240hp). From a stop, I would probably have won. Now that I have TurboXS Stage 2 and have approximately 40 hp more, I don't think that it would be a very close race. I don't even need superior driving skills.

BTW, what "superior driving skills" help you to accelerate on the highway?
    Last edited by Rich10; 04-07-2003 at 04:29 PM.
    2002 WRX WRB

i went to my Local racetrack this weekend and it was a show/race. while walking around i see the car that looks like an evo but it looks more like a mirage so i go over and look it was an EVO 4 very nice looking!

we began to talk about his car then the STI and he heard that mitsubishi is gonna make ralli art Edition of the evo if so wonder what that will hold?

Originally posted by Rich10
    When I had only basic exhaust mod's, I ran even from a roll with M3's (240hp). From a stop, I would probably have won. Now that I have TurboXS Stage 2 and have approximately 40 hp more, I don't think that it would be a very close race. I don't even need superior driving skills.

BTW, what "superior driving skills" help you to accelerate on the highway?
    I gotz mad skillz yo!! LOL, just messing around.. He did seem to take a while to shift though.. First run was from a 2nd gear pull through the beginning of 4th. Second run was from 3rd into high 4th. From 2nd it was closer (maybe 1-2 cars), but from 3rd well into 4th it got ugly. He must've hit the infamous 4th gear wall... From a stop it would be a very close race especially at this altitude. With a Stage 2, I would've seen nothing but taillights...

BTW, I'm selling the M to buy a Rex in a few weeks. I need a year-round car...
    1997 Arctic Silver M3/2
    UUC Tranny Mounts, UUC Clutch Bushings, Motorsport X-Brace, Alpine CDA 7894, JBL BP600.1, JL 12W3 V2

Originally posted by cali
    hey guys dont the evos in japan and europe nearly always out preform the sti? Its just a question. I own a 2002 wrx so im not a hater
    Its just that most of the magz in this world seem to say that.

Im going to buy one of the two once there reviewed together.
    valid point...BUT keep in mind that the usdm evo is watered down. no acd, no ayc, open front diff...

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    valid point...BUT keep in mind that the usdm evo is watered down. no acd, no ayc, open front diff...
    And also the USDM STi is totally different beast.

Also, there is a ralliart edition LANCER coming, it's supposed to fall between the evo and the OZ rally edition (joke), the car will have ~160hp, and won't be aimed at competing with the rex. (Source = motor trend).

Originally posted by Shard
    And also the USDM STi is totally different beast.

Also, there is a ralliart edition LANCER coming, it's supposed to fall between the evo and the OZ rally edition (joke), the car will have ~160hp, and won't be aimed at competing with the rex. (Source = motor trend).
    stupid if true... they should just redo the 4th gen eclipse with a v6 and a 4g63 version with awd... now that is badass but will never happen since the v6 is making mitsu a lot more money than the gsx/gst ever did
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

People liek that guy sholdent even bother you, in fact his post amused me. You can red his times and immediatly tell hes the kinda guy person you laugh at while they run at the track.

I mean i know RT doesent matter, but jesus, hes almost at a full second...and he talk bout falling on his face during launch on almost all the runs. Let him have his fun in his own little world of $h!t driving and @$$hole personalities.

[Edited for content]
    Last edited by CKxx; 04-08-2003 at 01:25 PM.

Originally posted by GREDDY
    I love the part about the 97 BMW 328 as fast as a WRX. That was a good laugh! Last I remembered, 97 M3's were losing to my stock WRX. What a joke!
    I had a '97 328 sedan and they definately arent as fast as WRX's, much nicer interior just performance wise they dont even compare. A well driven M3 should hang right with you and even pull away at high speeds.
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Let's just hope the EVO and WRX owners don't get into a juvenile testesterone filled pissing contest like the whole thing with SRT4s and WRXs/

WRX
    I hate to hijack a thread, but chobits that's a badass avatar!!! u have a link to where u got it from??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.