WRX vs. BPU VR-4 on I-94 South IL/WI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. BPU VR-4 on I-94 South IL/WI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got some good runs with a blue WRX with black wheels. 1st race I waited til he pulled up and ...

WRX vs. BPU VR-4 on I-94 South IL/WI

Got some good runs with a blue WRX with black wheels.

1st race I waited til he pulled up and held the RPMs at 3000 at stock boost (12 psi) floored it and kept even until 6000RPM when I passed him.

2nd race I downshifted to 4th when he got next to me and pulled pretty well up to 100 or so.

Some people were recording in the back seats, just wanted to see if they were on here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice looking car man... they might be on here, or you can also check www.nasioc.com to see if they are there.
    you say you downshifted to 4th, and ran to 100? is that right? i just know that a WRX will get up to 90 or so in 3rd... and isnt gonna pull hard in fourth from slower than that. anyways, hope you find the guy...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Yep, 4th gear to 100.

I'm pretty sure 4th gear is OD in the WRX and it also is in the VR-4. My third gear however goes to 110-115 or so. So if that's what youre trying to get at when you say that it doesn't pull well in that gear, I gotcha.

I drive pretty conservativley, I was at 3k RPM in 5th gear and DS'd one gear when he got next to me the second race.

I tried nasioc.com but they have BANNED race stories.

Thanks though.

that's a beautiful vr4 in your sig. Out of curiousity, what does the bpu consist of on the vr4? (turboback, intake, boost controller?).
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Thanks.

Your right, BPU consists of drop in k&n filter, bc @ 15 PSI and downpipe. Exhaust can count also but the stock exhaust flows well until you upgrade turbos. This nets around 320AWHP and high 12's in the 1/4th mile with 1.7-1.8 60ft's and ~108MPH trap speeds.

not to sound like a total newb.. but what the hell does bpu stand for. I have been wondering that forever
    -Andrew

Basic Performace Upgrades. Mark Tozer "the king" of suprastore.com has trademarked it. What a loser
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Tozer is a loser not you junaitari
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Tozer shmozer... LOL...

I've heard domestic guys to euro guys use that term.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.