What happens when a EVO8 sees a VS1 WRX come? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What happens when a EVO8 sees a VS1 WRX come? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; USDM STi vs. USDM EVO 8. http://www.lancer-evo.net/articles/topgear-0503-02.jpg http://www.lancer-evo.net/articles/topgear-0503-04.jpg Quote from MWIR.NET and Clubsi.com "...as we stick the test gear on ...

USDM STi vs. USDM EVO 8.
    http://www.lancer-evo.net/articles/topgear-0503-02.jpg
    http://www.lancer-evo.net/articles/topgear-0503-04.jpg

Quote from MWIR.NET and Clubsi.com

"...as we stick the test gear on the TG track for some cold,analytical fact finding. The biggest suprise is that the Evo turns out to be a faster car. We'd have the farm against that one. While the Mitsubishi's 4.9secs to 60 is noticeably quicker than the Subaru's 5.3secs,over other increments,the difference isnt so great. And,over the quarter mile and from 30-70mph,the STi lags by only a tenth of a second.

There isnt much of a difference in braking distances,but the Evo comes to a halt from 70mph a couple of feet shorter than the STi manages and,more importantly,its brakes begin to wilt a little after serious use.

When it comes to setting lap times the Evo puts the STi under further pressure. Noticeably less body roll and understeer combine with barely discernable braking and acceleration give the evo a time of 1:34.8 compared with 1:34.1 for the STi.

Then they talk about how the STi has longer maintenence intervals,and in their opinion looks better. They think the Subie is the better all around bet. "

Then they said: "If you want to chase the sun out west as fast as possible,if you want to feel truly alive,then take the EvoVIII."

Evo weight:1410kg 3102lbs (about 150 lbs shy of our model)
    STi: 1470 kg (3234 lbs -So I guess the STi is going to be ~3400 lbs?)

1/4 mile: Evo: 13.7
    STi: 13.8

Can someone tell me why they have the 2.0 litre making what the 2.5 does over here? 300hp,and 299 ft/lbs? More boost?

I guess we get the sound system over here in the Mitsu,but over there they have to pay for it. Just the opposite here,where a stereo is an option to upgrade for the STi.

The other thing that struck me as odd,was that the Mitsu was $2000 (lbs) less in price,yet they felt that the Subie was cheaper. Must have been the lower maintenence required. Thats confusing too,because our US spec Evo has the longer service intervals too. They also said that there was a $2000 (lb) pkg for the Mitsu that would get you to 320HP.

If what you're saying is true,and the 2 litre tested faster than the 2.5 WRX,then the Evo was faster than both models,because it beat this one too,alebit by a small margin.

I have a feeling that both of these cars are going to be faster here (we already know the stock Evo has run low 13s) than this test shows.
    Okay, I'll be brief and to the point. GO to mitsuwa. BUY LANCER EVOLUTION 8 vs. STI This book compares ALL versions of the Lan Evo8 (including the US version) and all versions of the GD STI (including the 2.5 litre US version) The cars are put through such tests as a 180 degree turn, braking, lap times, flying mile, etc... They also have DYNO results for each version of the cars (such as EVO 8 RS 6 speed, STI RA, etc.) So.. you all want to know who won? the debate is settled. At Japan's circuit test, the JDM evo GSR was a full second and a half FASTER around the track (this is the BASE model GSR evo) than the fastest of the WRX stis. It also owned them in 1/4 mile and some other tests. For those of you thinking the US STI will be the best subie out there, wrongo. In fact, the US 2.5 sti was slower than some of the JDM 2.0 litres. Okay.. now for the good part.. the US... IN the US, The WRX STI 2.5 BEAT OUT THE EVO OVERALL, largely because it keeps its complicated electronics to control torque spilt, etc. The US spec evo is still faster around a road course in the dry than the STI, but is a bit slower in the 1/4 mile, and finds itself making due with 278hp vs. the STI's 304. UNTOUCHED for UNTOUCHED in US TRIM, the STI will probably win the stoplight challenge, but the evo will win the road race. There's your answer. Take it to the dirt, the STI will win again. Take it into a flying mile and beyond, evo will pull off the big end challenge. But in the grand scheme of things.. the US spec STI beat the US spec EVO narrowly. So, go read this great reference (or at least look at the dyno pictures and acceleration times and prices) and don't say PSI doesn't provide you with the newest info first. You know damn well it will be MONTHS before any US magazine does *****ing all out top speed/drag/track/hp etc tests between the US evo 8 and the US STI 2.5. Peace people

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Shard
    IIRC they (mitsu) are trying to keep it called just the Evolution, i don't remember if it even says 8 anywhere.
    It says VIII right smack on the trunk lid.

In the U.S., it's an EVO, not an EVO8.
    It says VIII right smack on the trunk lid.
    teh 0wn3d

Why does booststyle's heading say USDM Sti vs. USDM Evo, it is not. It is the Type UK Sti, as it says on the badging on the trunk and also the engine is a 2.0L.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

What happen when an evo8 vishnu stage 1 sees a vs1 wrx? The evo w/ just exhaust mods run 12.6 according to pruven.

What happen when an evo8 vishnu stage 1 sees a vs1 wrx? The evo w/ just exhaust mods run 12.6 according to pruven performance.

Originally posted by BamBooI
    What happen when an evo8 vishnu stage 1 sees a vs1 wrx? The evo w/ just exhaust mods run 12.6 according to pruven performance.
    source?

Originally posted by abbo7
    Why does booststyle's heading say USDM Sti vs. USDM Evo, it is not. It is the Type UK Sti, as it says on the badging on the trunk and also the engine is a 2.0L.
    The STi they tested is making 300BHP. Same as the USDM STi right?

Can someone tell me why they have the 2.0 litre making what the 2.5 does over here? 300hp,and 299 ft/lbs? More boost?

yeah. but we have the 2.5L right, wouldnt torque and hp deliverance be a little different? I dont know what RPM the UK Sti reaches max torque but the USDM is 4,000, I would suspect that torque lower down in the RPM range would help acceleration, but then again I dont really know.

Originally posted by BamBooI
    What happen when an evo8 vishnu stage 1 sees a vs1 wrx? The evo w/ just exhaust mods run 12.6 according to pruven.
    I would probably lose.... but then what will happen when a Sti VS1 sees a VS1 EVO, ah ha, once again Subaru wins!!! Muhahaha

Originally posted by abbo7
    I would probably lose.... but then what will happen when a Sti VS1 sees a VS1 EVO, ah ha, once again Subaru wins!!! Muhahaha
    What happens when a ralliart evo races a sti?
    Last edited by BamBooI; 04-08-2003 at 08:07 PM.

Or an EVO VI RS Sprint...

The EVO gets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrecked evo.jpg  

OUCH!!!! poor car... it never had a chance out there in the streets
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast