Surprised a guy on a bike today.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Surprised a guy on a bike today. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alrighty then, I-26 'round here moves fast, 80-90 in sections between cities. Cops don't patrol too hard, and people just ...

Surprised a guy on a bike today.

Alrighty then, I-26 'round here moves fast, 80-90 in sections between cities. Cops don't patrol too hard, and people just FLY. I was in the left lane, doin 85-87 somewhere around there anyways. I check my mirrors about every 10-20 seconds, just paranoid I guess. See a guy on a motorcycle, weaving in and out, basically being a nuisance. He's prolly doing 100 or so. So I get over in the right lane, being the proper thing to do. Well, he had already decided to pass me in the right lane, and my PROPER lane change miffed him I guess. I didn't cut him off, or do any radical moves, I signaled, checked my blind spot and changed lanes.

So, he goes to pass me on the left...but telling me I'm number one, with his middle finger. Well, at 85 mph, 3rd runs HARD. So I rev-matched, went into third and returned the gesture. Heh...

His bike was prolly a 500 or so, had a half-faring and a engine cooler scoop. Prolly ran it up to 120, somewhere around there, 4th ain't that hot, but he could not keep up, much to his surprise.

Just thought I'd share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Shoulda given him a little bump- guys on bikes can really be a-holes sometimes. If I were going highway speed on a vehicle with no fneders or doors, floor or a roof, I'd be pretty courteous to other drivers.

EDIT: I am not serious about bumping the bike- that thought might cross my mind, but I would never do it. Everyone gets only one life to live (unless you believe in reincarnation) and deserves to live that life to it's fullest and with the most longevity possible. I certainly wouldn't want someone to try to end my life every time I was a little rude on the road.
    Last edited by jedimaster; 04-06-2003 at 09:45 AM.

Ride a motorcycle for a few months. You'll learn who the real *******s are.
    I'm thinking you did change lanes in front of him to annoy him. Your attitude problem toward motorcycles is apparent in your post.
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 04-05-2003 at 06:49 PM.

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    Ride a motorcycle for a few months. You'll learn who the real *******s are.
    I'm thinking you did change lanes in front of him to annoy him.
    Think what you want, I was gettin out of his way. Undertaking is dangerous. The guy(I guess, full-face helmet and all) was weaving in and out of traffic behind me, since I don't pass people on the right, I got in the right lane so he could proceed with a LEGAL pass.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Sounds to me like the guy came up on him so fast that when he started his lane change, the guy was already beginning to do an illegal passing manuever.

erlkgherouigheorihgo;iewrhgoihweor;ghwe;roihg;ower hg;oewrhgo;ierhgw;ihgo;ierwhgo;iewrh;igew;roirh;go ihwero;ighoie;wrhg;oihwerg
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 04-05-2003 at 09:24 PM.

^ Don't sweat this guy. I had a bike for a long time and I think you did the right thing. The left lane is ALWAYS for faster traffic...actually legally...the right lane is for SLOWER traffic. I cannot stand when people are going slow in the left lane...so if someone is coming up on me and I don't want to go any faster I move over for them.

He was probably in the left lane because he was the faster car before the bike came along.

Cyril- no disrespect, but I think he was simply moving over- and the guy coming up on his bumper real fast probably moved over at the same time. And no one would really want to hit a guy on a motorcycle-at the very least, you'd get sued. But in my experience, a lot of these guys are asking for it by riding them the way they do. It's just plain stupid to risk your life by pulling a manuever that will possibly bring a 2 wheeled vehicle into contact with a car. It sounds to me like this motorcycle rider was weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed-that's really not too bright-I once saw a guy who had flown off a motorcycle because he got tangled up with a car- he went headfirst into a phone pole-and died a few days later in hospital-another firend of mine's mother died when a car struck the motorcycle she was riding-a lot of times, a bike just isn't all that visisble when you're used to looking in your mirror for a car. Really, these guys need to be more careful- it's not every motorcycle rider, but they do tend to stick out. I doubt brembo wanted to risk the guys life.

On a happier note, Cyril- how are the workouts going?

OK- this is getting ugly. I'm out.

Its idiots like you who think you own the road. You obviously hate motorcycles and their
    riders, as another poster said its apparent in your post. So what if the bike uses their
    dimunitive profile to get ahead while you're stuck in traffic? Why are you being such a jerk
    and not giving the rider his space?
    Last edited by CagesSuck; 04-05-2003 at 10:13 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    What part of the original post indicates that brembo doesn't like motorcyles and/or their riders?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Shoulda given him a little bump- guys on bikes can really be a-holes sometimes. If I were going highway speed on a vehicle with no fneders or doors, floor or a roof, I'd be pretty courteous to other drivers.

A bunch of harsh comments toward jedimaster.
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-06-2003 at 07:25 AM.

I have to step in and defend jedimaster. After talking to him I know he wasn't serious about the bumping comment. He's too good of a person.
    Of course, it's not a good thing to say really because some people actually do that.

P.S. Wolf, I'm liking those TiMax titanium knuckled gloves.
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 04-06-2003 at 06:56 AM.

I'm sure if it came down to it, he wouldn't actually bump a bike, but just the thought of it makes me mad.

The TiMax gloves look good, but from a couple of reviews I've seen they don't hold up too well in a crash (stitching comes undone). But Icon seems to be good about giving out free replacements for defective pairs.

I hope other makers will start producing titanium knuckled gloves also.
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-06-2003 at 07:26 AM.

Guys- please see the EDIT in my first post- I had no intention of inflaming anyone's tempers her. My apologies.
    Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.