Surprised a guy on a bike today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Surprised a guy on a bike today. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When someone is closing on you at better than 20 miles an hour just stay where you are. Brembo was ...

When someone is closing on you at better than 20 miles an hour just stay where you are. Brembo was given the finger because he could have cost someone thier life.

Was the motorcyclist riding irresponsably? Yes. Was there enough time to clear the fast lane safely? No.

Unless you spot a fast moving vehicle at least a half mile back do not take evasive action. They have already anticipated a path around you. If you change lanes you are adding to the danger they have created by going so fast to start with.

Moral of the story: Two wrongs don't make a right.

jedi- As a former motorcyclist I accept your apology. Please don't even joke about something like that. That is why I no longer ride.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Moral of the story: Two wrongs don't make a right.
    How is obeying a traffic law 'a wrong'? Moving to the right to yield to a faster vehicle isn't wrong. I understand what you're saying about anticipation, butthat doesn't warrant getting the finger...

Brembo was given the finger because he could have cost someone thier life.
    If the biker cared so much about saving lives and not endangering lives, he would have shared the road like a normal motorist instead of speeding excessivley as he was. The reason someone might have died was because the biker was driving/riding recklessly.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I dunno what the bike riders problem was. I didn't cut him off by any stretch of the imagination. Guess he was havin a bad day or something. Oh well.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I have riden bikes on the road for almost 10 years now. Some of that time was spent going way to fast going in and out of traffic. I think pulling over and getting into the slow lane was the right thing to do. As for reading anger and disrespect towards bikes into the first post , I can't see any and further more I don't belive there was any. As for making the comment about giving the bike a bump , lighten up. The guy even put an edit note stating HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT. When I ride my bike doing 100 plus on the roads I know what can happen and take that risk. So as far as I am concerned I think you did the right thing by pulling over to the right and making room in the fast lane. TO me it also sounds like the person on the bike had the problem and needs some anger managment. just my 2 pennies

Originally posted by MidKnight
    How is obeying a traffic law 'a wrong'? Moving to the right to yield to a faster vehicle isn't wrong. I understand what you're saying about anticipation, butthat doesn't warrant getting the finger...

If the biker cared so much about saving lives and not endangering lives, he would have shared the road like a normal motorist instead of speeding excessivley as he was. The reason someone might have died was because the biker was
    driving/riding recklessly.
    I'm sorry, I thought I made it clear that my opinion was the motorcyclist was primarily at fault.

Unless this guy was flipping off every car he went by though, the lane change (to yield the right of way) heightened the danger that was already created. Was brembo technically doing the right thing? yes. Was it appropriate to that situation? It sure doesn't sound like it.

This is all just my opinion tho. Not trying to upset anyone at all.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12