Got killed by a SS...kinda

This is a discussion on Got killed by a SS...kinda within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, went to lunch today with a co-worker. Happened upon what looked to be an unmodded ss with www.someclubracing.com sticker ...

Got killed by a SS...kinda

Well, went to lunch today with a co-worker. Happened upon what looked to be an unmodded ss with www.someclubracing.com sticker on the back. Older, grey haired guy driving. A cop rolled up beside us in the turn lane so no racing off the light. Lights turns green, cop turns and I pace the SS, no response. So I think this guy is not going to play, I upshift, just cruising along. All of a sudden he hits it, catches me off guard, out of boost, everything. Sucked teh big one...

Would very much like to run again with a ss off the line, but really sucked having told my co-worker a little what the car can do, and being OWNED like that.

Anyway, this summer will be nice for the mod bug... SS will be toast...
    Totally stock...yep uh huh :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Got killed by a SS...kinda

Originally posted by DRIVER
    Well, went to lunch today with a co-worker. Happened upon what looked to be an unmodded ss with www.someclubracing.com sticker on the back. Older, grey haired guy driving. A cop rolled up beside us in the turn lane so no racing off the light. Lights turns green, cop turns and I pace the SS, no response. So I think this guy is not going to play, I upshift, just cruising along. All of a sudden he hits it, catches me off guard, out of boost, everything. Sucked teh big one...

Would very much like to run again with a ss off the line, but really sucked having told my co-worker a little what the car can do, and being OWNED like that.

Anyway, this summer will be nice for the mod bug... SS will be toast...
    SS are fast y0
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I Support ClubWRX
    You didn't really lose if you weren't even ready! Good grief! I could take ANY car if they weren't ready.
    2010 SSM STI

Cool camero SS

don't feel to bad.. i to got beat by one awhile back.. from a stop light him in back me in the front. him inching up just a little bit the whole time he was behind me. so i rev a little, light turns green and i get a great launch.. had him all the way though 3rd till about 90 or so.. then by the 4th gear shift hes next to me and pulling away, but not to bad only slowly,,, not like he just up and left me...

did you get
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stallowned.gif  
    -Andrew

Do not play with an ss if you are stock. They are fast straight line cars.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    did you get

hahahaha LOL
    lambosv21