Umm yea Evo Owned Me.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Umm yea Evo Owned Me. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Watch the hell out for these cars guys. The Evo's seriously have enormous balls. Nothing a VS 1 can't handle ...

Umm yea Evo Owned Me.

Watch the hell out for these cars guys. The Evo's seriously have enormous balls. Nothing a VS 1 can't handle tho...hell, I think VS 0's would even keep up with stock Evo's.

I'm on Rt. 561 headed to school, coming up to a traffic light, and what pulls up next to me but a yellow Evo VIII, complete with ugly ass stock carbon fiber wing. Love the car, hate the wing. Anyways, the guy calls to me (I had my windows down, definitely nice out today in Jersey) and asks if I wanna run. I said, yea sure why not, you're gonna kick my ass , but I'm going down swinging. SO the green light hits...I revv my puppy to 4500 and slip it at that...dead heat off the line, literally toe to toe...he starts gaining ground, my turbo at this point is howling in full crescendo as I approach the redline in 2nd...shift to third, by that point he was up a good car length and was continuing to gain...i hit the dreaded 4th gear wall of my car at about 90 mph and decided to shut it down, being that this is a county road we were on. He likewise does the same, he was about a good 1 1/2 - 2 car lengths ahead...sounds about right, my best time in the Rex was around a 14.2 (this was accomplished with a 4k drop clutch mind you haha), I hear the Evo's do 13.6's stock (damn they're fast). Anyways, the guy was really cool, we pulled into a bank parking lot and cut the proverbial fat...the dude bought his Evo last week, def. loves it and gave me props for my car, I likewise did the same for his and leave with, "Well, hopefully when you run into me next, I'll have a little something extra for you"

Evo's = definitely fast as all hell.

slim = needs to start modding. Enough of this stock BS lol

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Umm yea Evo Owned Me.

-slim

I ran into a yellow evo here in KC also. Thank goodness it was going the other way

I bought my fiancee a rex a month ago. When she graduates she owes me a sti. THEN we'll see just how good the evo is. LOL!

Not to start with the lame excuses and all that. But I think the differnce is somewhat small for a car thats about 8 to 10 grand cheaper.
    -Andrew

Great story. I can't wait to run against one of those things. The only one I've seen here in Houston was parked, and let me tell you I destroyed it
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Lemon,

I completely agree. But you know where the Evo makes up for it? Handling, handling, handling.

Then again we can argue that we can up our suspensions to match the Evo's, but I won't start with that. I love them Evo's tho, terrific cars. But I love my Rex even more.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Surprised a guy on a bike today.

oops, meant to make a new thread..sorry
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    You can hardly say the EVO 'owned' you. Sheesh. Owning would be like 5 cars ahead - maybe more!

Sounds like more like he 'edged' you.

At least that's what I always say when I lose
    2010 SSM STI

For 5G less then an Evo I'd say the REX did well. $1100 (VS1) and you got em. w00t!

Your trying to tell me you raced a new EVO in a pretty long race and he was only ahead of your stock WRX by 2 car lengths?

Thats not very impressive. If you had a manual boost controller you would have probably beat him.

C'mon guys....

I hate how we always start these, "Well...it was fast, but a WRX could have beat it if I had bought #$*#@&$("

Well suppose the WRX could beat it with a VS1; then what if the EVO had a MBC, catback, and new ECU? The debate could go on and on.

And yes, the EVO is more expensive, and some of us think its a rip off. But then there could be Neon SRT drivers that think our car is a rip off. It all a matter of personal taste as to whether you buy a more expensive car or buy a cheaper one and mod it out.

The truth is the EVO is a better car stock for stock. After that, its always negotiable. You could put 10K in a pinto and have it be fast. Just enjoy how japanese imports are starting to dominate the market as whole and admit that there are better cars out there that cost more $$. There always have been....I'd take a M3 over the WRX anyday.

Well im not saying wrx could have beat if it had this or that. So dont get your panties in a bunch. What I am saying is I exspected more out of the EVO. You never ever heard me say I thought that the WRX was a better car stock for stock
    -Andrew

If the guy got the Evo last week, I doubt he really knows how to drive the car yet. Thats probably why the race was so close... not to mention he should still be in break in.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Well im not saying wrx could have beat if it had this or that. So dont get your panties in a bunch. What I am saying is I exspected more out of the EVO. You never ever heard me say I thought that the WRX was a better car stock for stock

Haha...sorry. Didn't mean to bark up your tree all the sudden. I've just been reading a lot of posts similar to what I was describing.

Swipe112, your points are absolutely correct. You really can't give other cars props in this forum because 85% of the WRX owners will shoot them down one way or the other.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Re: Umm yea Evo Owned Me.

Originally posted by slimasian
    Watch the hell out for these cars guys. The Evo's seriously have enormous balls. Nothing a VS 1 can't handle tho...hell, I think VS 0's would even keep up with stock Evo's.

Evo's = definitely fast as all hell.

slim = needs to start modding. Enough of this stock BS lol

-slim
    Let me know if I can help. I'll be getting a lot of new parts in and I can help you chose an upgrade path to suit your Evo Ass Kicking needs.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.