Umm yea Evo Owned Me. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Umm yea Evo Owned Me. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by swipe112 C'mon guys.... I hate how we always start these, "Well...it was fast, but a WRX could ...

Originally posted by swipe112
    C'mon guys....

I hate how we always start these, "Well...it was fast, but a WRX could have beat it if I had bought #$*#@&$("

Well suppose the WRX could beat it with a VS1; then what if the EVO had a MBC, catback, and new ECU? The debate could go on and on.

And yes, the EVO is more expensive, and some of us think its a rip off. But then there could be Neon SRT drivers that think our car is a rip off. It all a matter of personal taste as to whether you buy a more expensive car or buy a cheaper one and mod it out.

The truth is the EVO is a better car stock for stock. After that, its always negotiable. You could put 10K in a pinto and have it be fast. Just enjoy how japanese imports are starting to dominate the market as whole and admit that there are better cars out there that cost more $$. There always have been....I'd take a M3 over the WRX anyday.
    I back you 100%. Good points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by modvp
    I back you 100%. Good points.
    +1up
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

What bugs me here is that everyone tells how they beat cars faster then ours.

I raced an EVO VIII at the track last Thurs. and I OWNED him. He ran a better time, but with my R/T I beat him by a half a second. Our race would have been dead even if we both had the same launch until third gear. Thats where the car really seemed to pull. Just thought I would share this with you people.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

The One,

Yup sounds about right...the guy I raced didn't really start to pull hard till around 3rd. That's where the Evo's much better gearing gets the better of us Rex's. No worries. I speculate that even a VS 0 can keep up with an Evo...heck, maybe even beat it.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Cool, I'm not the only one with a good ending for a race against that car. He started to run better as he got used to his car. I just saw him line up next to me in the staging lanes so I said **** it, why not race him so I can see the cool altezzas staring at me. All I saw during the whole race was his headlights in my right rearview mirror! LOL.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I agree with Swipe about this, stop playa hating about other peoples cars and also remember that there will be something bigger and better comming out every year anyway to compete with the newer cars, its just the way it is. Also we should be happy seeing these cars here in the US because its about time that we get to check out these great driving machines for ourselves, where in europe and asia they already had their fun for centuries.
    Originally posted by swipe112
    C'mon guys....

I hate how we always start these, "Well...it was fast, but a WRX could have beat it if I had bought #$*#@&$("

Well suppose the WRX could beat it with a VS1; then what if the EVO had a MBC, catback, and new ECU? The debate could go on and on.

And yes, the EVO is more expensive, and some of us think its a rip off. But then there could be Neon SRT drivers that think our car is a rip off. It all a matter of personal taste as to whether you buy a more expensive car or buy a cheaper one and mod it out.

The truth is the EVO is a better car stock for stock. After that, its always negotiable. You could put 10K in a pinto and have it be fast. Just enjoy how japanese imports are starting to dominate the market as whole and admit that there are better cars out there that cost more $$. There always have been....I'd take a M3 over the WRX anyday.
    Last edited by 5'7 Assassin; 04-09-2003 at 09:03 AM.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

That was well said. I hope we can keep on getting nice cars like these here in the states.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

That guy is beating on his one week old car already. Sigh.
    If you lose, you lose. I agree on the part that "if I did this and that I would have won." The truth is, you lost. And maybe if you put in the mods and you will win the next time.
    I like the influx of good compact cars now. More competition = better cars and prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12