Raced my buddy's Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced my buddy's Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I'm auto and he's of course manual, so we all know the outcome of this one. I knew I'd ...

WRX

Raced my buddy's Mustang GT

Well I'm auto and he's of course manual, so we all know the outcome of this one. I knew I'd lose, but I just wanted to have a fun go at it. He said he launched at about 2500 and I didn't launch at all, so I totally bogged at the start. He only got about 2 cars in front all the way through 3rd gear and it seemed that I was gaining. I was surprised that he only got about 2 cars. He said "aren't our cars rated about the same?" I said "yeah but mine's auto." And he was like "damn! That's pretty fast for an auto."
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool... my rex is an auto too... looks like i'll get a mbc, bump up a couple lbs of boost... then its bye bye GT!

Cool COBRA or some modded GT...LONG

funny i read this today.. was going to post but i could not find the guy to see what his car really was... this all happened yesterday, i was off from work on my way home on the expressway, i see what looks to be a V6model mustang, no foglights was my thought... well i move over thinking i am not about to waste my time on a V6 when the mustang gets next to me, it has reflective tint so i can't see inside... but i look over and notice its got a full front and rear bumper replacement and some side skirts...but what i see was cobra emblems on the side, and cobra rims.. mind you it has aftermarket body kit so nothing on the rear bumper.. so i get in behind him to see if he wants to play.. i leave it in third just in case, then i see him get on from the smoke out the tail.. its on...what next was like WOW.... i am only a car length behind him and gaining.. WTH... i see dual exhaust cans out the back, nice looking never seen them before... he gets in the wrong lane and get stuck behind another car, now i am beside him give the thumbs up and go on.. well he wants more, now hes riding my bumper.. back to third and on it.. pull what looked like about two or three car lengths on him.. after words i had to get off make a u-turn missed my exit messing around...never have seen the car before.. maybe one day.. i was very happy though with the out come, maybe he was an auto? not sure.. but from the sound it was at least a GT with some mods.. and from an express way run from 60+ up to 90. wish i could explain more but i am still not sure what happened...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.