SRT-4: Full Review soon, but pre-review thoughts - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4: Full Review soon, but pre-review thoughts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WilliamG Putting down all 4 windows in the WRX from the drivers seat = priceless. some people...

Originally posted by WilliamG

Putting down all 4 windows in the WRX from the drivers seat = priceless.

some people
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ebbtide

some people
    I'm sorry but it was really clever...

Originally posted by Shard
    I'm sorry but it was really clever...
    I'm not saying it wasn't clever, or even funny (hell, I laughed). I'm just shaking my head.....
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I'm not saying it wasn't clever, or even funny (hell, I laughed). I'm just shaking my head.....
    Don't get me wrong, i like the SRT-4, but i seriously like my power windows too.

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Putting down all 4 windows in the WRX from the drivers seat = priceless.
    eheheh
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by Shard
    Don't get me wrong, i like the SRT-4, but i seriously like my power windows too.
    Agreed. I'm looking at an aftermarket power window conversion, but I haven't justified the buy yet. I just don't use them that much.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

I Support ClubWRX
    I definitely use my rear windows. When it's that yucky weather where it's raining a little bit and all the windows are steaming up, I'll drop one or both of the rear windows a little bit to get some air into the car, whilst not exposing the driver (moi) to any annoying raindrops!

And....when it's a little warm out and I want to get air flow into the car without getting my or my wife's beautiful hair blown all over the place, I'll put the rear windows down.

(Oooh, so if you want to win any drag-race with an SRT-4, make SURE he sees your rear-windows going down. It will drive him into an uncontrollable rage and from that moment on and for the rest of the evening, the only thing he'll be beating are Echos.)

PS For those incapable of comprehending, this is infact - a joke. The SRT-4 is a great car, but not having powered rear-windows in such a great car is just....wrong!
    2010 SSM STI

Smile

Eh, that money was better spent on the NVG transmission, the 8 row FMIC, the boostgauge, the race seats, the high capacity clutch..... you know, the really important stuff
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

I think this is a great example of how it's so easy to get the wrong idea...

If a dodge guy was to re-post portions of this thread at another site, it would look like that WRX drivers are a bunch of Candyazzes who bring up the lack of power windows to justify that WRX>SRT-4.

It's sad, cause I know it'll happen.

i've got no problem with the discussion, BTW, I like the numbers on the SRT-4 and yes, I like the power windows on my WRX as well.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Can't you tell? This thread is obviously a pissing contest, and another lame "My interior is better than yours" RSX type-excuse!! *j/k*
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

ebbtide - are the SRT4's widely available in Detroit yet? I heard that Florida got em first. Do you know it they will be sold in Canada any time soon?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

There's only 4 around the detroit area, all from FL. They won't make it up here for another month or so, and canada until next model year (aug or later)
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

if you guys really wanna see some idiots check out
    www.srtforums.com

There are some decent people there, but the rest are just riding the SRT-4 wagon. What pisses me off the most is that the WRX was like the king of performance oriented sport compacts, imo, for a little whil, and now that the Evo and SRT-4 came out everyone is all of a sudden acting like those cars are god or something. I've driven them both, they're both great cars, but damn man, I keep hearing all the lamewads say stuff like "Oh, the WRX is slow...." and when I was at the auto show, I was lookin at an Evo and some guy was like "Oh, this would smoke a WRX" NO SH** SHERLOCK!!!

sorry, just had to vent

A good bunch of them are having problems already. I don't think reliability is that strong with the srt-4.
    Some of the people on srtforums.com are very good, but there are a lot of clowns on there.

SRTforums is where I hang out most of the time. There are a lot of knowledgable people, and a bunch of newbies. So far, there are only minor assembly issues with the SRT. We haven't seen any consistent problems with the srt.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.