stupid kid wants to race me....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stupid kid wants to race me.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this stupid kid at my school w/ an electron blue prelude wants to race me. he pisses me off cuz ...

stupid kid wants to race me....

this stupid kid at my school w/ an electron blue prelude wants to race me. he pisses me off cuz since he got this new car he automatically thinks hes a car guy and tries to jion in on conversations amongst my friends and i. anyhoo he thinks he knows all this ish so i made up parts that dont exist and told him i have them on my car and that the only thing that can beat me is an airplane while its flying hahaha

although he still wants to race. so i said i only race for money so we're putting down 20 bucks. i said i'd give him a handicap. it's either i race him w/ 2 passengers in my car and get to launch. or i race alone but im not allowed to launch.

what do you think?
    free food is the best food

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    interesting conditions you have for the "race" between you and your prelude friend.

hahaha, what were these made up parts you told him your car has? lol

I would tell him that the dent in the back door, was designed and drawn out in CAD to create a vacuum at the front of the car to pull it along.
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

haha i dont even remember the parts i made up. i think i mixed between honda parts and some parts like the "rotalon intake stabilzer gasket"
    free food is the best food

Prelude against a WRX... you should kick his ass from a stop... a role.. and or with passangers.

Ludes arent THAT fast. I meen sheesh i beet some lude times with my Grand Am at norwalk.

RACE HIM!

mario and root,

That makes me laugh. I know what you mean. I'm pulling along A LOT of nubies in my area with my technical expertise. Sometimes you feel like you are pulling teeth. I hate "joiners" though. Most of the time I let my car speak for me and then I every just listens.

mario,
    See if he knows, "Active Torque Transfer." That's a real Honda part on the top of the line Prelude, I can't remember the acronym (Type H??). It's essentially a differential that can balance power output to both rear wheels when cornering. Very cool.

The Type H prelude is reasonably fast and was C&D's besy handling car for under $30,000 and can take on cars twice it's price in the twisties.

Don't get too cocky, though. I'd give him the launch, but not the extra passengers. Those make a BIG difference.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "launch." I assume you mean what we draggers car, "The jump." which means, you have to react to their car moving and not whether or not you can rev up your car and drop the clutch.

-Jim

Plat,

Actually the atts on the type H has nothing to do wit hte rear wheels at all. It sends a certain amount of torque from the inside wheel to the out side one while in a corner to help reduce understeer (or vice-versa i think). It seems like people say it really works, but is an electro-mechanical nightmare. It's probably reliable though since it is a honda.
    In a way though it does relate to the rear wheels passively since its conditoning causes to rear to step out more desireably in a corner.

black99gt,

i'll race you with my "Lude".

I remember a guy I knew in highschool always claimed his 'lude had a V4

Originally posted by Mt_Fuji
    black99gt,

i'll race you with my "Lude".
    against my GA... hmm you would win MayBe... but not by much At least my times are consistant to where others cannt run the same times to save their skin

...you would win MayBe...
    maybe? no i know so.

... but not by much...
    you're right, not much -- by alot.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    lets try not to get too cocky, guys. this is all done in the name of FUN.

not being cocky... i know my car isn't the fastest in the world, but saying that all preludes are slow... hehe... makes me chuckle.

but like you said, it's all in fun and games

again, you guys think WRX is the king of the road...
    from a dead stop, with equal drivers.. wrx should win. But don't try with anything that is above 65 because we are VERY weak in 4th gear. While prelude pulls fairly hard in that range.
    I almost bought a prelude myself, but it is gone by the summer.. so I didn't want to drive a discontinued car.

You are talking about ATTS. Active torque transfer, which is what type SH prelude has. Preludes with ATTS are actually slower for drag racing because of all that extra weight and gears. But it does help on a road course or daily driving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.