stupid kid wants to race me.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stupid kid wants to race me.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thats ok Mt.... BTW.. wheres a mods list or times?...

thats ok Mt.... BTW.. wheres a mods list or times?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why is he so concerned about having to have a handicap if his car is so fast? Screw the handicap bull. Line up and run the way it was meant to be done and none of this give me a head start, don't launch your car or put 2 more people in your car. How about he does something to his damn car to make it so he stands a chance.
    However the WRX isn't the fastest thing out there and there's always a chance you will run across somebody capable of showing you what its like to lose some of that bravado.

jk,

The prelude is WAY MORE aerodynamic that the WRX, especially if the WRX has a spoiler, and even more so if the Prelude doesn't. Aerodynamics come into play at about 50mph and have serious implications by 70mph. This is why our fourth gear feels so weak.

scoob,

I was thinking of the Prelude SH. Thank you. That's the world beating $30,000 car. It may be more drag, but I'll bet she pulls out of a corner like a mofo. If you guys keep busting on Preludes, I'm going to get one, work it, and make sure I beat all you trash talkers one by one. I'm not kidding.

-Jim

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

The prelude is WAY MORE aerodynamic that the WRX, especially if the WRX has a spoiler, and even more so if the Prelude doesn't. Aerodynamics come into play at about 50mph and have serious implications by 70mph. This is why our fourth gear feels so weak.

-Jim
    hey, why would the wrx be LESS aerodynamic if it has a spoiler?

Originally posted by Penguinking

hey, why would the wrx be LESS aerodynamic if it has a spoiler?
    hehe im curious as well.

I like the WRX spoiler BTW. Its perfect.

thats ok Mt.... BTW.. wheres a mods list or times?

12 psi (on low setting)

enough said.
    Last edited by Mt_Fuji; 02-07-2002 at 09:56 PM.

Glad you guys asked, here's an education.
    PM me if you need the linked thread reopened.

-Jim

heh turns out i beat him by 6 cars. no handicaps

what we raced on wasnt that far, i dont know what i topped out at. basically when i saw i was 6 cars ahead i slowed down
    free food is the best food

hehe i thought you would win that one

nice kill.

moral of the story is, don't assume your wrx is the end all be all car. there are faster cars out there. and i'll tell you one thing, my "lude"(@12 Psi) is a hell of a lot faster than my wrx (@15 psi).

it's only time when you will get your ass handed to you (by a lude)

--ryan
    Last edited by Mt_Fuji; 02-08-2002 at 06:24 AM.

Actually it depends on the type of spoiler it is. The term spoiler in itself (as related to one located on the rear of an automobile) is used to describe what it does to the current of airflow at the trailing rear edge of the vehicle. It actually creates a sort of reverse downforce by acting as a diffuser from the underside of the spoiler and thus inturn releases the convection buildup you get at the rear of any vehicle making the vehicle far more aerodynamically efficient at higher speeds due to the lower vaccum pressure on the tail of the car.

Plat,
    Oh yeah.. lets see you do that with a prelude on a rally course, or in the snow, and rain, with four- five people inside......hahahaha
    Now theres a challenge for ya.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    jk,

scoob,

I was thinking of the Prelude SH. Thank you. That's the world beating $30,000 car. It may be more drag, but I'll bet she pulls out of a corner like a mofo. If you guys keep busting on Preludes, I'm going to get one, work it, and make sure I beat all you trash talkers one by one. I'm not kidding.

-Jim

I might go as far as trading my wrx for a prelude.. Just kidding

Our forth gear is weak because it is long, it is true that aerodynamic is a huge factor when it comes to speed. but that doesn't really kick in until 80-90+mph.

Originally posted by Mt_Fuji
    nice kill.

moral of the story is, don't assume your wrx is the end all be all car. there are faster cars out there. and i'll tell you one thing, my "lude"(@12 Psi) is a hell of a lot faster than my wrx (@15 psi).

it's only time when you will get your ass handed to you (by a lude)

--ryan
    I'm only running 10.5 in my everyday ride. (its not a "lude"). Did you do any internals to run over 8?

I'm only running 10.5 in my everyday ride. (its not a "lude"). Did you do any internals to run over 8?
    shipped block to cali to get bored and resleeved. also put in forged internals

Sounds like you have invested some $$$.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.