The baddest MBZ... CL65 AMG
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The baddest MBZ... CL65 AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://mbspy.bacosys.be/c215cl65amg.htm Check it out... the new twin-turbo V-12... 612 hp, 738 lb.-ft (available at 2000 rpm!). Man, I really want ...

The baddest MBZ... CL65 AMG

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/c215cl65amg.htm

Check it out... the new twin-turbo V-12... 612 hp, 738 lb.-ft (available at 2000 rpm!). Man, I really want to rob a bank now.
    Last edited by DeeezNuuuts83; 04-03-2003 at 08:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

[homer]mmm...v12 twin turbo....auuuurrrrr[/homer]

what would be truly sick would be to take that engine and stuff it into a little SLK roadster...
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Words can barely describe how cool those cars are.

Last year at the USGP Formula-1 race at Indy, the safety car was a CL55 AMG. The sound coming from that beast was absolutely beautiful. A deep rumbling coming from the quad exhaust that just got meaner as he tore out of the pit area. This in stark contrast to the screaming of highly-tuned F1 motors driven at their limits. It doesn't sound like any American car, it's too smooth and purposeful. This, my friends, is the true sound of horsepower. Not brute force from a pushrod V-8, but a block of aluminum and steel and titanium whose only purpose in life is to propel a car at insane speeds.

The traction control and driver aids designed into this car are unbelievable. That's probably a good thing, since I'd hate to see the average M-B driver get one and try to drive it. Instant grease spot, I'm sure.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

The side picture from that link...is it stretched out? because it looks like a boat.
    04 SVT Lightning

when is this hp war going to end between bmw and mercedes, hell, even audi

they trying to see who can get to 1000hp first?

that's a sick car though.....still sux that the german limits their car to 155mph
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    they trying to see who can get to 1000hp first?
    Cadillac beat them! He he have you seen the 1000HP v-16 concept motor they had in the Cadillac Sixteen. They say they are going to develop the new chevy V-8 out of that motor. So the new chevy V-8 should be able to handle 500Hp no problem.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

yeps that european versions have even more HP and TQ! ****in nice ass ride!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Amazing!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

no caddy doesn't have them beat, because mercedes has many more cars on the road than caddy that have higher hp figures...break it down into GM vs Benz. Benz just decks out one or two motors all out and drops them in all the highest of each model

and as you said that V-16 is exactly that...a concept by the way campbell you seen the new caddy v12 in the suburban like excalades? now those are tight...i'd like to drop that motor into the regular sized escalade
    lambosv21

http://www.whitetyphoon.com/typhoon_c.html

owns j00

Low 10's in the quarter mile...i guess it will have to do
    lambosv21

CL65=Nifty

anyone else just notice that the damn speedometer reads up to roughly 223mph? thats just asking for people to take off the governor
    lambosv21

I am pretty sure you can order any AMG version of a Mercedes without the speedlimiter. The special versions of the cars are somehow exempt from the 155mph limit.

-the_bear

You can't order the speed limiter to be removed however the AMG factory in Germany can do it if you can take the car to them. AMG has a lot of perfomance upgrades only available at their factory in Germany. RENNtech and some other tuners can remove the limiter with a chip upgrade but seriously is it really necessary? Not on the east coast here. I have had my RENNtech suspension tuned C32 AMG to 130 on the end of the straight at Summit Point Raceway and it's still not close to breathing hard.

I drove all the cars at the owners only AMG Challenge event last year at Summit Point and will be at Lime Rock for this years AMG Challenge driving all the AMG cars on the track. Check out the website:

http://www.mbevents.com/welcome.asp

BTW...Dielectric be careful what you think about AMG driver's skills. You may find out they're far above your own. I welcome you to any of our club track day driving events to find out. Here are some photo pages of the last event:

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?U...id=96673086205

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSig...03.33122601803

http://www.gws-mbca.org/pix/de03/de03_1.html

By the way the WRX in the second photo album actually fried his engine and didn't kill the battery. He is in the process of rebuilding with a Cobb shortblock. P.S. My car is the Blue C32 AMG in picture #1 on the first album.
    Last edited by Carl AMG; 04-04-2003 at 11:38 AM.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.