porsche turbo vs stage 4+ WRX from 20mph-90mph - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on porsche turbo vs stage 4+ WRX from 20mph-90mph within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by racinready300ex My buddy told me to try putting it in 1st at like 30 mph. So I ...

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    My buddy told me to try putting it in 1st at like 30 mph. So I slowed down and put it in 1st. (took a little force) then reved to like 4g and slipped the clutch while flooring it(just like going from a stop).
    You might have wanted to try bliping the throttle up to like 5500+ (depending on real speed) when trying to go back into 1st, letting the syncros do their thing - you did that right ? (be nice to that tranny )
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow your car was light stock!! Wieghed mine at the drag stip and it weights 3280 ish with a 1/4 tank of gas. That's a big diff. I could see a couple of tenths diff right there. Have you ever thought about trying to start in 1st when at a 20 mph roll instead of 2nd? I raced a truck the other day in 2nd with 3 passangers, and he hung with me till the turbo spolled up. My buddy told me to try putting it in 1st at like 30 mph. So I slowed down and put it in 1st. (took a little force) then reved to like 4g and slipped the clutch while flooring it(just like going from a stop). I had to grabe 2nd fast but, There was zero lag, and she pulled hard right away.
    no need to. with my setup in 2nd at ~20mph the car pulls extremely strong even off boost and with the vf-34 spooling up to full boost of 18psi by ~3800rpms I would only lose time with having to do an extra shift.

I cant understand where all that extra weight on your car is coming from! do you have some huge custom stereo in it or was there some extra option package you got? That weight seems way to high for a bone stock WRX...should be under 3100lbs stock.

...I just realized today that I am ( was ) only running ~17psi of boost when I raced. I had turned down the boost a bit a couple of weeks ago when the temp got up into the 90's and had forgotten to to turn it back up! So I wasnt even at my optimum power level and still kept ahead of the Porsche.
    Last edited by twinz; 04-04-2003 at 08:46 AM.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

To be honest, I am not sure how you stage 4+ owners handle your cars running 18psi of boost. I just began to run a PE1820 turbo on my car, and I have had it at 16psi so far. Too damn scared to crank it up to 18psi for fear of losing control..... You know how some say that there is no such thing as too much power?? Well, umm... I think there might just be!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Maybe the scale is off at the track. I dont know but its pretty consistant. And I don't have any extra wieght in it.

jigga
    All that power doesn't come on by it self. You have to put your foot down first. I'm not trying to be smart, but its not about to much power you just have to controll it. I'll be stage 4 as soon as I can get this uni-chip reprogramed. I can't wait.

Originally posted by jigga
    To be honest, I am not sure how you stage 4+ owners handle your cars running 18psi of boost. I just began to run a PE1820 turbo on my car, and I have had it at 16psi so far. Too damn scared to crank it up to 18psi for fear of losing control..... You know how some say that there is no such thing as too much power?? Well, umm... I think there might just be!
    nah, its just what your used to..."too much power is just barely enough" You'll get used to even the max power levels after a while and start looking for more. My last car did 0-100 in 8sec flat and put down over 470rwhp and I was still looking for more power
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

I love inspirational stories such as this
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by twinz
    I can definitely see that with the 50shot addition. I am wavering between the nitrous strictly for intercooler cooling or doing a 50shot. In the long run the Ntercooler kit would be much more useful for me since I live in S. Fl, but that 50shot kick sure is tempting!
    Delray, huh.... I wonder if I've seen you around?? I live in Ft. Lauderdale. What color Sedan do you own?

I'm running a poorly tuned Stage IV w/ stock intercooler and I love the pull. I'd love to feel a REAL stage IV.

Blue
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I love inspirational stories such as this
    Seriously though! Keep the discussion going!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

jigga
    All that power doesn't come on by it self. You have to put your foot down first. I'm not trying to be smart, but its not about to much power you just have to controll it. I'll be stage 4 as soon as I can get this uni-chip reprogramed. I can't wait.

I know that the power does not come on by utself and what not. What I am trying to say is that is one floors the car from a 2nd gear roll, the result of doing so is a lot more brutal with my PE1820 @ 16psi, than it was with my TBXS Stage 2 car on stock turbo.

It has been a little over a week, and I think I am comming to grips with the turbo. The only part I am not used to is the idea of shifting at redline. When with the stock turbo, I learned to shif at a max of 6000 RPM since there was already not much left on top. Now with this turbo, the car accelerates ALL the way to fuel cut. Just an adjustment that I have had to make in my driving, but I know I will get it eventually.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.