I beat a Katana 600 by 4-5 car lengths up to around 110mph
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I beat a Katana 600 by 4-5 car lengths up to around 110mph within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 02 wrx with sti injectors, sti fuel pump, turbo xs uppipe, hks bellmouthed d/p, hks catback, turbo ...

I beat a Katana 600 by 4-5 car lengths up to around 110mph

I have a 02 wrx with sti injectors, sti fuel pump, turbo xs uppipe, hks bellmouthed d/p, hks catback, turbo xs unichip and a vf22 set at about 16psi and a katan pulls up to me at a light and revs it at me and I smiled as the light on the other side turned yellow I reved it to about 3,500 rpms and slid the clutch. He must have heard my car revving up cause he took off too but not fast enough I pulled about 2-3 cars on him just in 1st and 2nd gear and continued to steadily pull on him then I had to slow down cause there was another light up ahead. Even though they arn't the greatest bike in the world I'm still proud it is a crotch rocket and I do only have a 4 cylinder car I havn't got a chance to race any good cars thats all I've really raced I want to race a viper or a zo6 from a stop to see how well my car really performs I doubt I could take the viper though I at least want to race a ram air or camaro ss somthing cool but I havn't found anyone willing to yet. How do you guys think I'll do against those cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what is the flow rate of the STi fuel pump?
    why such a low boost with VF22?
    I used to ride a Katana, I would not rev at anyone with that bike. Katana, as far as I know now is the slowest 600'cc out in the market now. ( 80 whp and 500lb!!!)
    try a gixer or CBR, wait, try an R-6 next time.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Yep, Katana's are pure crap, speed-wise. They're heavy and underpowered, not worthy of full fairings. I used to sell and service Suzukis and Yamahas, and usually dreaded having to test a "Kanatuna." It just wasn't as much fun as say, a V-Max.

I will say that it's a comfortable sport-touring machine, but don't expect them to put up much of a fight. Just wait 'till a super-sport 600 revs at ya, now some of those can really move. GSXR-600, CBR-600, R6, they're all good, fast bikes.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

that's funny. Two weeks ago at the track they had two of them out there wasting their time. They were both running mid 13's around 98~100 mph all night. Racing on a katana is like racing in a kia.
    03 WRB sedan

I knew you guys would say those bikes are junk but it still a bike and I'm sure the power to weight ratio is better than a stock wrx my point stating the power adders I added dosn't seem to have a problem and seem to be working together well. I have 16 psi on the street if I ever go to the track I will turn it up to 20psi I've had it there before and that is too damn fast to be rolling on the street with 20 psi I can hit 100mph in no time I don't need to be going that fast on the street. There are a few guys at work with gsxr 600's how do you think I'll match up to them? how do you think i'll do against a ram air or camaro ss.

Originally posted by cjackswrx
    that's funny. Two weeks ago at the track they had two of them out there wasting their time. They were both running mid 13's around 98~100 mph all night. Racing on a katana is like racing in a kia.
    <--------personally hasn't seen any kias running 13's

good thing too, bc then i'd definately jump on a boost gauge and boost controller

edit: though i did see a nearly stock hyundai tiburon (older ugly one) run a mid 12 in the 1/4mile
    lambosv21

A GSX-R will rip you a new orofice

Originally posted by lambosv21
    edit: though i did see a nearly stock hyundai tiburon (older ugly one) run a mid 12 in the 1/4mile
    I'd like to see that, especially when you say "nearly stock." As in, with a JATO rocket strapped to it? My wife drives a 2000 Tibby, and it sure doesn't run mid 12s. I could believe high 18s, though, with a tailwind.

What kind of mods did it have? Seriously, I'm curious.

Josh

no kidding a lightly modded tiburon with a new engine bored and stroked a lsd front diff and a turbo I might believe that would run 12's if it had slicks on the front also.

there's a tiburon around here that runs 10 flat. It's not stock. It has dual turbocharger 4cyl. engines with two independently controlled auto. trannies. Runs on methanol. dynoed at 687hp.
    "If at first you don't succeed, pay someone else to do it."

"The word of the day is legs, lets go back to your place and spread the word."

ACE

Jesus guys, you make it sound like the Kat was a dinosaur on wheels. I used to have a 600 many years ago and found it to be a great cruiser/sport bike because that's what it was meant to do. I used to commute 80 miles/day on it. Agree though that when it was fully wet...damn it was heavy. But it was comfortable for the long haul. Had a friend w/ a zx7 & you rode up on your wrists and felt every bump in the road. Also, I loved hitting Muhulland hwy, sand cyn, & ortega hwy (in socal) and schooling some of the sport bike wanna be's. Remember, it's not what ya got but how u use it...one of the fastest riders I've seen in the mountains was on (of all damn things) a bmw. He was a grad of several driving schools & road raced.

T.

Originally posted by GotPSI?
    there's a tiburon around here that runs 10 flat. It's not stock. It has dual turbocharger 4cyl. engines with two independently controlled auto. trannies. Runs on methanol. dynoed at 687hp.
    OK, now that's just silly. It's like those multi-engined drag bikes they used to run in the 70s.

What have we learned here? A streetable, daily-driver Tibby isn't going to be running 12s. That'll keep me from getting into trouble ripping up my wife's car, I guess.

And for the record, I think all motorcycles are good in their own way. From old 650 twins to Ducatis, I love 'em all. Even the Katana has it's place, tooling around all day in relative comfort.

Josh

Even though it's a crappy bike, I'd still boast about beating a crotch rocket too
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

thanks wrxin thats the way I felt it may not be fast and you guys said they were 13 sec. bikes I had alot of room on us too I still want to race some cool but there is nothing cool in Ohio just ricey civic some with turbo's but those are slow too especially from a stop light a si with a t3/t4 was only running 14.8's he prolly didn't know how to drive but still that's crap I think.

there's a tiburon around here that runs 10 flat. It's not stock.
    Captain Obvious to the rescue

Jimbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast