Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

This is a discussion on Evo VIII 1/4 mile time within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was reading the Evo VIII forum on www.vividracing.com and here's a track time reported by a stock Evo VIII ...

Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

I was reading the Evo VIII forum on www.vividracing.com and here's a track time reported by a stock Evo VIII owner. That's pretty impressive considering he can do better on his launch. Its definitely capable of 13.4s stock with a 1.8 60ft.

R/T .105
    60' 1.936
    330 5.650
    1/8 8.746
    MPH 78.79
    1000 11.409
    1/4 13.659
    MPH 99.22
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 04-02-2003 at 05:13 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would take anything that comes out of vividracing with a grain a salt.. just my 2 cents..
    --bobby

those number seems bout right, inline w/what scc posted
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    I was reading the Evo VIII forum on www.vividracing.com and here's a track time reported by a stock Evo VIII owner. That's pretty impressive considering he can do better on his launch. Its definitely capable of 13.4s stock with a 1.8 60ft.

R/T .105
    60' 1.936
    330 5.650
    1/8 8.746
    MPH 78.79
    1000 11.409
    1/4 13.659
    MPH 99.22
    Good time but 78mph in the 1/8 mile and 99mph in the 1/4 mile doesn't impress me for a car people are paying $30,000 or more.

We all forget that the EVO was originally suppose to be a car that ran high 12 @ 103+mph bone stock.
    Now a year later the U.S gets a car that is trapping around 98mph or average in the 1/4 mile. I've seen about a dozen 1/4 mile times for stock EVOs and they aren't even breaking 100mph. To me thats disappointing. The U.S EVO is definately down in power compared to previous versions.
    The Dodge SRT-4 runs trap speeds just as fast or faster than the EVO.
    I can't wait for some guys in stock SRT-4 to start showing races they have won against EVO's from a roll. Thats going to be interesting.

Originally posted by swipe112
    Damn! That's pretty impressive. Just curious, what mods would you need on a WRX to run a 13.4 1/4 mile? Would a Vishnu Stage 1 or Turbo XS Stage 1 be enough? I trust the views of actual WRX owners over the times posted on their websites.

I've actually seen guys run as fast as 13.5 with nothing more that a manual boost controller on a stock WRX.

I ran consistant 13.3's - 13.5s with just full turbo back exhaust and a manual boost controller. You need to run good 60' times to pull this off. My trap speed were in the 98-99mph range. Very similar to what the EVO is running.

I think my friend (stock WRX) raced vivid's car in AZ. He told me that the evo pulled up next to him and they went at it. To make a long story short, the stock WRX lost decisively.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by All8up
    I think my friend (stock WRX) raced vivid's car in AZ. He told me that the evo pulled up next to him and they went at it. To make a long story short, the stock WRX lost decisively.

Stock WRX's are selling for 23k with only 227hp.
    An EVO is selling for 30K+ and has 271 hp.

Who do you think should win this race.

I have about 29k total invested in my WRX. I Can't wait until an EVO pulls up next to me at a light.

I can't wait either!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Good time but 78mph in the 1/8 mile and 99mph in the 1/4 mile doesn't impress me for a car people are paying $30,000 or more.
    Any 4 door AWD car capable of 13.4s stock for $30K gets a plus in my book.

Re: Re: Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Any 4 door AWD car capable of 13.4s stock for $30K gets a plus in my book.
    add to that .95-.97g on skid pad, BIG brakes, recaros, stock turbo capable of low 12s, etc and it's a good deal imo IF you can get it at msrp. right now u probably wont because of dealer gorging but some have gotten it at msrp. u guys gotta remember this is a toned down version running on piss pump US gas.

higher than msrp prices will be true until hype/demand settles down and til the STI get here. no doubt subaru dealers will gorge the STI as well which is ghey for us.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    add to that .95-.97g on skid pad, BIG brakes, recaros, stock turbo capable of low 12s, etc and it's a good deal imo IF you can get it at msrp. right now u probably wont because of dealer gorging but some have gotten it at msrp. u guys gotta remember this is a toned down version running on piss pump US gas.

higher than msrp prices will be true until hype/demand settles down and til the STI get here. no doubt subaru dealers will gorge the STI as well which is ghey for us.
    I'm sure its a great car (and I'll take one if some one offers me one) but if I was going to spend 30k I would go a head and get a Cobra or 34k.
    I know the Cobra doesn't have awd but its the king of staight line speed. You can't argue with high 11s- low 12s in the 1/4 mile with a few basic mods.
    In my area ( S.W Florida) all the roads are flat and straight with no winter conditions. I think a 03 Cobra would do me just fine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    Exactly .

Oh, and SGOSWRX, since I live in the Chicagoland area, I'd love to have both the 03' Cobra and the Evo VIII replace my current cars . I'll have to settle for my SS and Rex in the meantime .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo VIII 1/4 mile time

I'm sure its a great car (and I'll take one if some one offers me one) but if I was going to spend 30k I would go a head and get a Cobra or 34k.
    I know the Cobra doesn't have awd but its the king of staight line speed. You can't argue with high 11s- low 12s in the 1/4 mile with a few basic mods.
    In my area ( S.W Florida) all the roads are flat and straight with no winter conditions. I think a 03 Cobra would do me just fine.
    i also agree if u want straight line speed, cobra is the way to go for bang for buck. peeps put down near 500whp with 4 mods!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Stock WRX's are selling for 23k with only 227hp.
    An EVO is selling for 30K+ and has 271 hp.

Who do you think should win this race.

I have about 29k total invested in my WRX. I Can't wait until an EVO pulls up next to me at a light.
    The reason I brought this up was just to say how small this world really is not to say one car is faster than the other. With me I don't care how fast one stock turbo car is against the other. The aftermarket is the real determinant of that.
    Anyways He called me up soon after he raced and he confirmed it was one one of Vivid-racing cars.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)