The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive, Part II - On dry pavement!

This is a discussion on The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive, Part II - On dry pavement! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend in his turbocharged Si and I are on our way back from Garage SPL to my house. He ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive, Part II - On dry pavement!

My friend in his turbocharged Si and I are on our way back from Garage SPL to my house. He just had his car dyno'd last Saturday with 222 hp at the wheels, and was at the shop mess with his AFC a little. Anyway, I see a wide open road ahead going up hill, so I pull to his right and give him the universal guy salute (you know, the way you kinda nod your head upward). The light turns green and we both floor it. I start moving right away but I look in my side view mirror and see him still there for a second. By that time, I was already a car length ahead of him and we were totally even the rest of the way to my house.

When we get to my house, I gets out of his car, looks at me, and just starts shaking his head. "I didn't have any traction, argh!" he says to me. I hold my hands up with my elbows bent and say "What can I say, All-Wheel Drive dude..." and he promptly tells me to shut up
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

*cough* get a boost controller and leave him further behind you *COUGH*

I am quite supprised myself to hear these storys, i thought that turbo'ed civics would be faster.

But i guess unless your F&F and spend 10K your not going to get a 13sec car huh lol!!

I just cant wait to get my rex, slap on the mods ive bought for it, and toast my first TA or Camaro in the 1/4....

My list is growing bigger of the KIDS in my city that need their assses handed to them

hahah dont you love it. all these kids at the stoplights in their brand new V6 mustangs, with "flows" on, revvin it up thinkin they are hot stuff. or the dropped accord with a fat fart can on the back blasting techno. thats when i really wish i had a gn or another t-type buick sleeper to wake their ass up.

hey doo, verdugo, tell yo bro he be needin to get NNAAAWWSSS, he be gettin like two bottles or like 8 sneeky petes to hide unda his seat. that be mad tight yo. lol

damn fast and furious, why i outta... (shaking fist in air like an old timer)

Soundsike your friend has all power- no traction problems. Hope he's spending effort on suspension and brakes for his next project.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Heh he's got Cusco coilovers and brand new Pirelli tires (don't remember the exact name, but it was the top of the line all-season Z-rated ones) so his suspension is about taken care of...Brembos are next on his list...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010