WRX vs cop = WRX wins (hiding in bushes). :D
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs cop = WRX wins (hiding in bushes). :D within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so I scared the living crap out of myself this morning. I woke up late and was late for ...

I Support ClubWRX

WRX vs cop = WRX wins (hiding in bushes). :D

Ok so I scared the living crap out of myself this morning. I woke up late and was late for driving my wife to work, so I bombed it down the on-ramp onto 35W in Minneapolis. There was no cars infront of me and a ton of cars behind, so I floored it to about 85mph to get moving in the 55mph zone. EVIL cop is hiding under a bridge and as soon I go by, I watch my rear-view in ABSOLUTE HORROR as his lights go on....

But! God MUST have been on my side as he couldn't pull out onto the highway because of the traffic behind me. I LITERALLY floored it up the next off-ramp and pulled an insanely fast turn into someones driveway and hid there.

Ten minutes later, I emerged, - shaken, not stirred, - and continued my journey, even later, but ticket-less. Man, it would suck to get pulled over twice in the space of a few weeks.

PHEW!

::breathes::
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-01-2003 at 07:05 PM.
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha ur wife kick ur ass or what?!

well good thing u didn't get a ticket.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I Support ClubWRX
    My wife didn't even notice the cop until I mouthed 'oh sh*t' to her in the car. She was like 'eh? What?!'. People might say 'evading cops is bad' but 'technically' I wasn't, since he was under a bridge and not ACTUALLY chasing me. If he'd been on the highway, it might have been a different story, but he was stationary.
    2010 SSM STI

ive done that before!! it was late at night and i made an illegal right on red and a cop was on the other side of the road he turns his light on and tries to come get get me but due to on coming traffic he could not get through. so i gunned and turned into a devolpment, weaved through it came out on a back road navagatied my way home with out a ticket. it defiantly was a rush

Similar instance here as well. I was tooling down the interstate, 911 goes whizzing by. YEAH! Radar cover, or so I thought. I went as hard as my Integra would go, but no luck, that 911 was firewalled I guess. But being young and dumb, I stayed in it, hoping to catch em. Well, Mr. Tennessee highway patrol saw me doing this and tried to get out into the road behind me. Traffic prevented him getting out right behind me. I figured I was hosed no matter, so I kept it at around 120 and prayed there was an exit soon. There was one about 1/2 mile up. I whipped it off the interstate, zipped into a Wal-Mart parking lot and went inside. "Browsed" for about 30 mins and went and checked the parking lot for and police cars. None, I lucked out.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

i remember once i did something like that but he ended up going after the guy i followed (at least i thought) i ducked into the woods with the car and my left leg was all shaking. tough to drive standard like that
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Dude! GOOD ONE!

I've "been there done that" myself numerous times. I've gone as far as taking my sunglasses off and my top shirt (just in case ) before 're-emerging'

It's not evading until they are 'chasing' you!

BTW, my brother got arrested a few months ago for evading, wreckless driving, and speeding when he ran on his modded '02 GSXR600. The caught him using a road block, so he stopped.
    He just went to court on it 2 weeks ago and got a lawyer and ended up pleading out of everything except speeding. That's

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Hell yeah man! I got 2 tickets in a 3 month period when I was 16, so that put me in a tight position. But I got a radar detector since then and NO tickets! ::knock on wood::

You're a lucky SOB, that's for sure. That occasion only happened once with me and I escaped by running to my school parking lot!

-Ryan
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

hehe good for you! reminds me of back when i had my P.O.S. camaro. i crested a hill with the big v-8 singing at like 5500 rpm and immediately saw a cop coming towards me like fifty feet away. i was doing at least 100 mph. looked in the rearview and saw him slam on his brakes and dive into the grass median where he promptly got stuck! HAHA! just kept going home and changed my shorts when i got there.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Man, I know the feeling. It's to the point now that whenever I see a cop I get sick to my stomach.

A few years back in my old car I was barreling down a 4 lane road at 2 AM when a cop turned his lights on as I passed him. I just floored it, shut off my lights, and made a quick right and lost him in the backroads. The funny thing looking back on it, when I made that right to lose him I put on my turn signal out of habit!

Oh well.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

So my buddy in Minnesota..

Is a cop and does highway patrol. He calls me last night and tells me about "the one that got away". He clocks this silver WRX going about 85 or so and goes to pull him over but can't get out into traffic. So he watches the guy gun it and go off another exit. He finally makes it out into traffic, but has lost the guy. So he's really mad and is looking through DMV records for any WRX, then finding the silver ones and he's gonna track the owner down. He says he caught the first few letters of his plate and saw his face. So I guess he'll have a few tickets to write when he finally catches up with him. Anyway, looks like the WRX won that race

Looks like a parody thread.

awesome!
    First time booster

I Support ClubWRX

Re: So my buddy in Minnesota..

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Is a cop and does highway patrol. He calls me last night and tells me about "the one that got away". He clocks this silver WRX going about 85 or so and goes to pull him over but can't get out into traffic. So he watches the guy gun it and go off another exit. He finally makes it out into traffic, but has lost the guy. So he's really mad and is looking through DMV records for any WRX, then finding the silver ones and he's gonna track the owner down. He says he caught the first few letters of his plate and saw his face. So I guess he'll have a few tickets to write when he finally catches up with him. Anyway, looks like the WRX won that race
    OH SO CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!

2010 SSM STI

Its a small world after all......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.