wrx wagon vs. 2001 prelude

This is a discussion on wrx wagon vs. 2001 prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok....so i pull up to a light in the middle lane....need to get to the left lane to make a ...

wrx wagon vs. 2001 prelude

ok....so i pull up to a light in the middle lane....need to get to the left lane to make a left turn....to my left, a new black prelude......i didn't rev on him or anything....light turns green i pull the old 4k slip clutch to get into the left lane and wah la ....i'm there....left turn traffic light turns green and i drive totally civil.....after turning, i hear the lude (also turning left behind me) drop the clutch, veer to my left to pass (now on a two lane feeder road)....and we're on......keep in mind, i'm coming home from the gig with 300 lbs. of drums in the back....so i pop the clutch in and nail it in 2nd (this started at a roll of about 20 mph roughly, so he catches me off boost a bit) .....i slowly but surely pulled on the guy and we shut it down at about 90.....traffic up ahead prevented anything further....so i wouldn't say i handed him anything but he was definitely seeing tailights.....we get onto the freeway driving civil and i roll down the window to say hello and he or she ignores me.....too bad we didn't start from a dead stop!.....but i hate the sound of all my cargo hitting the back of the hatch....ouch!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    nice victory! where were u when you raced?

I really like Preludes, but the only reason they even got the jump on you is because you weren't ready. I don't think this was a race, I think they might have been pissed that you jumped in front of them or something. Even still the Prelud doesn't stand a chance against the WRX.

They were C&D's best handing car for under $30,000 and was included in the higher price class and even out handled cars that cost twice as much!

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    awww... good race, too bad the other driver was anal!

next time if the traffic is heavy don't drive your car too fast :-)

my old car! see my set up at hondaprelude.com under all8up as the user name....
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Penguinking....I was on Montrose/Studemont heading north under I-10 and turned left to head west on I-10 feeder........just south of Fitzgerald's
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    fitzgeralds...hahaha! nothing against the place its just that i have this friend who played there on amateur night

btw i live on the west side of houston along westhimer near beltway 8