built, turboed CRX with FMIC and me :).

This is a discussion on built, turboed CRX with FMIC and me :). within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man it was a GOOD race. Saw him at a light as I was turning onto his street and I ...

built, turboed CRX with FMIC and me :).

Man it was a GOOD race. Saw him at a light as I was turning onto his street and I kept it in 1st waiting for him to pull up. We finally went from about a 15mph roll. He was fighting torque steer for all he was worth and we were see sawing back and forth (within feet) all the way!! He was going through about 2 gears for every one of mine . By the begging of 4th (~96mph) he started pulling on me a bit and we shut it down.

Pulled over and chatted. He just rebuilt the engine with 9.8:1 running Hondata, 550cc injectors, 10psi and such. Even though I lost at the end AWESOME run. We both ran at the track the next day and I ran a 13.0@104 (with 1.99 60') vs. his best run of like low 13's @112 I think . So I was fairly stoked I could keep up with him as long as I did [heh].
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run. Don't sleep on some of those hatches. They're beasts in disguise.

u know which engine he was runnin??

Those hatches can be some major beasts A guys I work with is working on a CRX, his personal mission is to best my quarter mile times. So far he has headers exhaust and NOS running through his SOHC. His best time has been a 14.8 so he just ordered a v-tech integra engine, is that a B16?
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by InfamousSXL
    u know which engine he was runnin??
    He was running a B18C with forged internals. He said he was running 16 degrees of timing across the board taking out 0.6 degrees for every pound of boost. Tuned for 12.5:1 a/f. 2.5" exhaust all the way back. That is about all I know. Beig t3/t04E turbo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in case I forgot to mention, he was weighing in around 2200-2300lbs !!
    Last edited by davidm_sh; 04-01-2003 at 06:14 AM.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

damn, he trapped a 112? wow, that's amazing.....just goes to show how important weight is to a car
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

If he got some slicks, he'd be well into the mid 12s.

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    Those hatches can be some major beasts A guys I work with is working on a CRX, his personal mission is to best my quarter mile times. So far he has headers exhaust and NOS running through his SOHC. His best time has been a 14.8 so he just ordered a v-tech integra engine, is that a B16?
    there are 3 integra engines that is usually swaped.

b18c1 - gsr engine 170 hp
    b18b1 - ls/gs/rs engine 142 hp
    b18c5 - type r engine 200 hp

and one little thing, dont say vtech, it's vtec, no h, vtech is a phone company. to honda/acura people, saying vtech is like using the term nawwwzzzz. it's very much looked down upon, and make you look stupid...

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    He was running a B18C with forged internals. He said he was running 16 degrees of timing across the board taking out 0.6 degrees for every pound of boost. Tuned for 12.5:1 a/f. 2.5" exhaust all the way back. That is about all I know. Beig t3/t04E turbo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in case I forgot to mention, he was weighing in around 2200-2300lbs !!
    with he got done, he can very much run into 12s easily.

he is probably pushin close to 300 whp and with only 2300 curb weight, that thing is crazy...

and one little thing, dont say vtech, it's vtec, no h, vtech is a phone company. to honda/acura people, saying vtech is like using the term nawwwzzzz. it's very much looked down upon, and make you look stupid...
    Out of curiosity, why would someone swap in the b18b1 (ls engine, 142hp)? Does it handle boost or nitrous well or something?
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

And 4 Civic engines

B16A2/3 - 99-00 Civic Si/ del Sol VTEC 160 hp
    B16A SiR I (first gen. B16A) - JDM Civic SiR 160 hp (not a very common swap, but it's about 1/2 the price of a SiR II engine)
    B16A SiR II (second gen. B16A) - JDM Civic SiR II 170 hp
    B16B - JDM Civic Type R 185 hp

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Out of curiosity, why would someone swap in the b18b1 (ls engine, 142hp)? Does it handle boost or nitrous well or something?
    Yeah, the B18B1 has a 9.2 cr. While the internals aren't that strong, it can handle a moderate amount of boost if tuned well. It also has 37 cc more displacement than the B18C1/5 for a little more low end torque. Even in NA form, it's a cheap and easy swap for regular Civics with the SOHC D-series engines.
    Last edited by bdoug; 04-02-2003 at 06:04 AM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    some people are runnin put to 12 psi on stock internals with t3/t4 turbos.

couple of people tuning with hondata are making almost 12-13 whp per psi... (which means close to 275 whp on stock internals)

Re: built, turboed CRX with FMIC and me :).

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    [B

We both ran at the track the next day and I ran a 13.0@104 (with 1.99 60') vs. his best run of like low 13's @112 I think . So I was fairly stoked I could keep up with him as long as I did [heh]. [/B]

davidm_sh,

just curious, what are your engine mods?

Sounds like it was a fun run David. What psi are you running on your 18g?
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Biggest mods are:

-TEC 18G@18-20psi
    -MRT 3" turbo back exhaust (completely catless)
    -catless uppipe
    -AEM CAI
    -lightened pulley set (stock size) and lightened flywheel
    -TXS TMIC v1
    -550cc injectors + GSS342 + Perrin rails
    -UTEC + AVC-R
    -gaggle of gauges

Thats about all I can think of right now. Remember this is up at 6000ft. above sea level.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver