toppled his Type-R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on toppled his Type-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I jus OWNED my friend and his 1999 Integra Type-R in a street race. I have been wanting to race ...

toppled his Type-R

I jus OWNED my friend and his 1999 Integra Type-R in a street race. I have been wanting to race him for a long time, but he told me i could after he got some extra parts (he already has a JDM B18A, forged piston and con rods, Comptech header, Comptech cat-back racing exhaust, Spoon valve springs, and he has his head ported, which according to him makes 230whp). He has the 6 speed trany. It was around 4 am on a local toll road where no coppers are. at 60mph we both gunned it. my BOV sqealed and we were off. Oh it was sooo awesome! i jumped out ahead (AWD BABY!!) and i was shifting perfectly. He bogged it a few times, i could see the car hop a lil. it was no contest, basically. At 102mph i couldn't see him (also because his Type-R is black and it was night) but he was gone. so i got on the brakes and he flew by me. we parked at a McDonalds and he said he won! so we rced again, this time i didn't lay off until 120mph or so. It took him like 5 minuets to catch up to me after i had braked! it was great.

Dave
    2002 blue WRX: JDM STi wing, reprogramed ECU, APS Red Hot dual ball bearing SR50 turbocharger, APS BOV, APS CAI, APS DP, APS DR 500 front-mount intercooler kit, APS STi-style hood scope, MOMO harness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looking at your sig: 500+ BHP turbocharger?! Daaamn! You must be in the 11s with that... not much of a race against a 230 HP integra.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

APS makes some good sh1t! What exhaust are you running?

X

your friend lost traction at 60 mph? damn...
    autobahn storming scooby

Re: toppled his Type-R

YOU!!!!!

are a moron.

Don't mean to flame but what's this all about...

my BOV sqealed and we were off. Oh it was sooo awesome! i jumped out ahead (AWD BABY!!)
    Are you SUPPOSED to go into WheelSpin at 60??

Also...

At 102mph i couldn't see him (also because his Type-R is black and it was night) but he was gone.
    So you mean you couldn't see his Headlights either?! DAYUM!!

Lol apparently...

But either way...you still got the kill, GJ
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

I could faintly see his headlights, but bearly
    mister x, i'm currently runen the stock exhaust, uhhh, but im currently saving up for the APS full exhaust system. and yes, APS is the ****!!!!!!!!
    2002 blue WRX: JDM STi wing, reprogramed ECU, APS Red Hot dual ball bearing SR50 turbocharger, APS BOV, APS CAI, APS DP, APS DR 500 front-mount intercooler kit, APS STi-style hood scope, MOMO harness.

Your friend bogged it going over 60 mph? wow he must really be horrible!
    04 SVT Lightning

um how do you bog an ITR at 60?

things that make you go hummmmmm

how are you running the stock exhaust and getting those HP numbers??????

Yeah, and I don't see anything about a Fuel System? You're running a Big Snail on the Stock Fuel System? If so, you're not going to have an engine for very long. If for some reason you just didn't list it, or I missed it...... Great, I don't want to see your engine go boom anymore than you do.

Good Kill......... and why did your BOV Squeal when you hit the Gas?

Oh and BlackShadow (it was HIS BOV, not his friend's ITR that squealed) WEEEEE WEEEEEEEEE
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

he dosent make 525 hp ...his turbo could support up to 525

Oh and BlackShadow (it was HIS BOV, not his friend's ITR that squealed) WEEEEE WEEEEEEEEE
    Really???

My comment was directed at his statement of "i jumped out ahead (AWD BABY!!)"
    Since the only way AWD would have given him any advantage would have been if his friend lost traction... Which i'm doubting he did....
    AWD would have been a disadvantage the entire race...
    autobahn storming scooby

I realize i look like an ass, but sorry that statement just annoyed me. I realize the ITR was NA...
    autobahn storming scooby

Do you have any type of engine management for your car at all? with the turbo, fmic, and air intake(that aps says only for use with engine management) your cars state of tune has to be way out of wack if your one the stock computer.

Any reason you chose to mod your wrx completely backwards? You have no supporting mods jus the big things.
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.