Really looking forward to racing my buddy's 300zxTT

This is a discussion on Really looking forward to racing my buddy's 300zxTT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; we work together adn both are cars are under construction. we both can't wait until we get our stuff done. ...

Really looking forward to racing my buddy's 300zxTT

we work together adn both are cars are under construction. we both can't wait until we get our stuff done. in the end i will have a 20g turbo, full exhaust, uppipe, sti injectors, perrin rails, sx reulator, greddy profecb, perrin intake, ported tgv's and manifold, custom front mount, and a UTEC boosting 18 or 19psi. he will have stock motor, underdrive pulleys, custom intake, stock intercoolers, JWT pop ecu upgrade, and mildly upgraded turbos,(stock housings, different wheels) i think it will be a close race on the highway but i could get him from a slow roll or stop. what do you all think. we will probably run the same in the eighth, prolly high 7's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if u dump the clutch at 5 or something, you goin to get big out of the hole. otherwise, a car length or two tops.

by third gear he should be catching up, and pass you in 4th.

from a roll, he will get ya...

You figure if he cant pass you untill 4th you have probably won in a quarter mile race.
    -Andrew

good luck b
    I have seen what they can do and they are not as fast as they think they are on the highway. I think you will take him, but it all depends how how much he boost.

Watch out for those 300TTs on the highway. A JWT ECU, and exhaust will get 396hp....their smaller sport turbos should get that to about 420 or so. They are super heavy, you should take him around town and off the line, they are difficult to launch from a stop and 1st and 2nd gear (the tires) go up in smoke with modded Zs.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

If the guy has exhaust, intake, and JWT chip that should give him 400 hp at the crank. JWT sport 500's theoretically with proper tuning and the corresponding mods (boost controller, intercoolers, injectors, dual pop charger, test pipes, downpipes) could net him 450ish hp at the rear wheels. u should be able to take him off the line if get a good launch, as z's are heavy (about 3500 lbs) and experience wheel hop due to the subframe moving separately from the chassis because of the silicone bushings from the factory are so loosely mounted. Are you sure the mods you listed are the only ones he has?

yeh that's all he has, he will probably have a catback and gutted stock downpipes. he is custom making a hard pipe kit for the intercoolers and intake pipes. stock fuel system and stock intercoolers, motor is untouched jst bolt ons