03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruising and minding my own business. I see this bullet bike dodging in and out of traffic. Driving like a ...

03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare!

Cruising and minding my own business. I see this bullet bike dodging in and out of traffic. Driving like a jerk. He breaks out of the pack and I am the ONLY car on the highway ahead. I see him and he start cruising up to me slowly. At about 60 I put it in 3rd and bring her up to 70 MPH. He gets next to me and ITS ON! Shocked the guy cause he could NOT pull on me at all! I may have even been edging away. Then I miss 4th and let off...
    It was a newer 750cc bike. They are prolly good for a high 10 to low 11. I figure I am about 11.5 at best. BUT those bullet bikes get most of there speed and time from 0-60. A 2.0 second 0-60 vs. my 4.0. After that I figure we accelerate similarly. A modded 03 Cobra might even be quicker in the faster you go...

I have read numerous stories of 03 Cobra's (modded) taking bikes or giving them a good run.

Just sharing....

Saw a guy in a WRX yesterday on the highway. Black with a BIG intercooler heat exchange. He did not try anything though. I was hoping he would. He looked VERY modded. Best looking WRX I've ever seen. Lowered, with a bigger tail/fin on the back. Different rims. Looked brand new and BAD AZZ! Had MD plates...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. Bikes are tough.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Nice. I've had a few fun experiences with bikers. Most of those guys are really cool and quick to give a thumbs up. BTW, do you have any pics of your Cobra? I'm not really a Ford tough guy, but the Cobra is a mean SOB.

edit: oh, link in ur sig, n/m

if it was a Katana, I am not impressed.
    if it was a GSXR, Ninja or even a Duc, your car is awefully sick fast.
    Try liter bikes next time, most of the liter bikes are in low 10's and high 9s and trap 140s.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Yeah bikes are damn fast. The way i see it, if you see one coming up on your tail fast just sort of get in his way, then we'll see who wins the race. I dont think those bikes have good safety ratings

Bikes hit an aerodynamic wall early. Thier main advantage is power to weight ratios. Once the speeds get up around 100mph, the aero factor kills em. I would not be surprised at all if yer 03 would walk one from a 100-150 roll. Just don't mess with a Hyabusa(sp?) especially a turboed one, the stocker ones will run 140-150 in the quarter
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

03 Cobra, you need to seriously reconsider the effects of the drugs that you are using, as they are affecting your judgement. I could slaughter your car on just about any 900cc and up crotcher or Vmax. The 1000's and up would be hysterical. 2.7 second 0-60's, 2.1 to 2.7 second 60-80; 80-100 roll on's, Quater mile times in the extreme low 10's upper 9's stock. Lower weight riders would have the same effects at speed on 750cc and even 600cc (R-6). Not to mention much lower drag coefficent on the bikes at the speeds aforementioned. I have played games with Vetts and Vipers, dragged them in on 2 roll-on races and shot off on the third pull on my R-1 and my Max.

Your ego seems to need a adjustment. All you do is brag about your car; you don't appear to add anything of worth to the forums.
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 03-29-2003 at 01:31 PM.

my previous bike (a yamaha r-6) would kill any car in an acceleration contest. a mustang or anything else does not stand a chance against a 750cc sportbike.

you were in 3rd and the bike was in 6th. he wasn't expecting a race from someone who did not stand a chance. when cars tried to race me i would slow down as i did not need a 3500 lb barge barreling along behind me.

top speed is lower on a motorcycle than a car because the bike only needs about 120 horsepower to be STUPID FAST. there is less drag as well but bikes run into the airodynamic "wall" before cars do because of the smaller engine. that does not meen you can hang with one on the highway tho. my r-6 topped out at 165.

got rid of the bike after i came to the realization that the stupidity of car/truck operators was likely to cost me my life.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

I beleive it, when I had my R6 I could not pull from a very heavily modded Supra from a roll

Doesn't it get scary goin so fast on a bike? I mean, at least there is a surrounding in a car you know? I guess you must get used to it, cuz I'd be scared as hell goin that fast on a bike, lol.

when I am riding, after 100 mph I usually does the following:
    1: praying for no stupid people trying to race me
    2: praying for no blown tires on the ground
    3: praying for no road kills
    4: praying for no cops.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by XtianLA
    Doesn't it get scary goin so fast on a bike? I mean, at least there is a surrounding in a car you know? I guess you must get used to it, cuz I'd be scared as hell goin that fast on a bike, lol.
    not really, no.
    bear in mind that at 100+ having that car around you will not help if you lose it.
    motorcycle racers survive 150mph+ getoffs on the track without major problems, usually. on the road, though, you don't have nice fields to slide through...you have guardrails (razorblades), curbs, cars, poles....

and it's great when a car wants to race you on the highway! just what you need!!!

the last thing you care about while riding is how fast some guy's car is.

bike != car

two different worlds.

i mess with bikes all the time. local school children after school on schwins and huffies. man, what fun times.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Wow! Tough crowd in herre today!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: 03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare!

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    It was a newer 750cc bike.
    Like they look all that different from a 600 or 1000. Unless you know what kind of bike it was (GSX-R 750 or a Ducati 748/749...), the obvious layman like yourself would likely not be able to tell what the displacement of the bike was. In all likelihood if it was a race or just a fantasy of yours, my bet is that it was a 125, 250 tops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.