03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra gives BULLET BIKE a scare! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wait, granted you can't always tell the difference between the various bikes and their displacements in a model line, it's ...

wait, granted you can't always tell the difference between the various bikes and their displacements in a model line, it's not hard to notice the difference between a 125/250 and a 750! That's a big difference, in tire width, exhaust notes, and simply the size of the bike.

Beyond that lets not bash 03Cobra he hasn't been known to lie in his posts. He posts on this board and definently contributes to what would otherwise become a very one-sided view.

It's not unheard of and especially in his scenario for cars to stay with bikes. He has a very powerful Mustang and at those speeds i wouldn't say it would have been impossible to stay with a 750. I personally have several car vs. bike videos with various cars and bikes and various outcomes. His story i believe
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have pulled easily on 600-class sportbikes of the day (~1996) with my blown Mustang during brief highway contests. I only had ~440rwhp. I'm sure that '03 Cobra is making much more power than that.

Bigger bore bikes were tougher to take out. I kept dead even with a GSXR750 (again, remember mid 90's) but got my butt handed to me by a ZX-11. That thing was plain MENTAL on the interstate...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by blackshadow
    wait, granted you can't always tell the difference between the various bikes and their displacements in a model line, it's not hard to notice the difference between a 125/250 and a 750! That's a big difference, in tire width, exhaust notes, and simply the size of the bike.

Beyond that lets not bash 03Cobra he hasn't been known to lie in his posts. He posts on this board and definently contributes to what would otherwise become a very one-sided view.

It's not unheard of and especially in his scenario for cars to stay with bikes. He has a very powerful Mustang and at those speeds i wouldn't say it would have been impossible to stay with a 750. I personally have several car vs. bike videos with various cars and bikes and various outcomes. His story i believe
    I said obvious layman. He calls it some kind of 750, but not the company? 750's aren't popular sized bikes and would have easily been recognized to anyone who knows what they're looking at. It's hard to take anything seriously when even one lie is apparent.

As for impossibility to stick with a 750, no nothing is impossible, improbable is more in tune with the post. I've driven fast machines of the 2 and 4 wheel variety and there is truly little that can stand in the way of a properly driven sport bike.

Originally posted by is2scooby
    I only had ~440rwhp. I'm sure that '03 Cobra is making much more power than that.
    He's got 440 hp to the ground, FYI

In 1991 I owned a Kawasaki ZX-11. It quartered in 10.26 seconds stock, and I was radar gunned (friend is a cop) on a deserted highway doing 177mph. That bike would still walk away from any car, especially in the 70-110mph range. The acceleration was insane, especially from a 600 pound (wet) sportbike.

I have to come to his defense. I owned a Stage 2 Head/Cam +all the usually bolt ons, LS1 z28. It made around 400 whp (450-500hp at the crank). I had several encounters with superbikes (10sec-11sec 1/4 mile bikes with expert riders).

I found that at speeds of 100mph or so and up I could easily hang with them or beat them. They really do seem to lose speed at higher speeds.

I really shocked some seriouly fast bikes racing them at higher speeds.

Originally posted by Flex
    I said obvious layman. He calls it some kind of 750, but not the company? 750's aren't popular sized bikes and would have easily been recognized to anyone who knows what they're looking at. It's hard to take anything seriously when even one lie is apparent.
    Let me give you a tip. DON'T be an ass. 03Cobra is a respectable poster.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Let me give you a tip. DON'T be an ass. 03Cobra is a respectable poster.
    Being an ass? This is a discussion board, I'm providing the OTHER side of the discussion and formulating my own opinions, not following someone elses

Probably a 600cc bike. My friend has a Suzuki 750 and it would put a serious hurting on a ~450WHP car.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by Flex
    Being an ass? This is a discussion board, I'm providing the OTHER side of the discussion and formulating my own opinions, not following someone elses
    No. You are being an ass. It is very easy to provide the other side of the discussion without sounding malicious, which is obviously how you sound.

Not to mention you obviously feel as though your opinion is more important than others ("I've driven fast machines of the 2 and 4 wheel variety and there is truly little that can stand in the way of a properly driven sport bike.") when other posters clearly say that this is possible.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    No. You are being an ass. It is very easy to provide the other side of the discussion without sounding malicious, which is obviously how you sound.

Not to mention you obviously feel as though your opinion is more important than others ("I've driven fast machines of the 2 and 4 wheel variety and there is truly little that can stand in the way of a properly driven sport bike.") when other posters clearly say that this is possible.
    You neglected to put in the rest of my quote, teetering on the edge of libel.

As for impossibility to stick with a 750, no nothing is impossible, improbable is more in tune with the post. I've driven fast machines of the 2 and 4 wheel variety and there is truly little that can stand in the way of a properly driven sport bike.
    Why your selective vision didn't see that before I don't know, I guess thats why its called selective, but I did say it's possible. Back it up with something else, don't try to deface me by chopping my quotes.

My intention wasn't to hijack this thread, but to voice my opinion. Apparently you have a problem with that, get over it.

Easy guys! Geeesh...

I am NO layman. I grew up racing motocross. Have owned MANY bikes including a Ninja 600cc...

Yes this could have been a 600 or 750. The guy was behind me and could not pass. Therefore, I never realy got a good look at it. I was more interested in driving at high speeds. I figure it was a 750 because it looked a bit more muscular than the 600cc's... However, I could be mistaken. BUT, you may visit any 03 Cobra forum and read for yourseld. MANY have walked 750cc bikes.

Again, a 1.4 second difference between a bike and my Cobra (although I think a 750 is NOT a low 10 second bike, more like mid 10) is NOT a hig difference. AND basic math will tell you that if they go 0-60 in 2 seconds to my 3.9 or 4.0, that is where they are gaining ALL/MOST of there time against these cars. Hence, I should be able to hang at high speeds.

I have owned a crotch rocket and driven a new F4. Yes they are fast, but this Cobra is not slow!

I pulled 440 RWHP on the dyno on a 94F day. It was about 30 the day I ran the bike. I figure this car runs 20++ more RWHP with much cooler temps (30's).

If he was not trying to race, why was he on my ass and accelerating with me and slowly dropping back? He could not hang... Then again, maybe I am mistaken... Musta been the drugs.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

BTW: Go to my site in my sig. Download and check out the 60 MPH - up video. I think you will see my car goes from 60-80 in less than 2 seconds. I counted 1-onethousand and its there...

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Again, a 1.4 second difference between a bike and my Cobra (although I think a 750 is NOT a low 10 second bike, more like mid 10) is NOT a hig difference. AND basic math will tell you that if they go 0-60 in 2 seconds to my 3.9 or 4.0, that is where they are gaining ALL/MOST of there time against these cars. Hence, I should be able to hang at high speeds.
    Unfortunately, acceleration curves aren't as simple as subtracting 0-60 times from quarter mile times. Of all the different reasons surrounding why this is, standing still and traction/looping is a big reason for the times for you and for the bikes. Considering it was a roll on, those times go out the door.

But hey, if you say you did, you did. What road was it on around here?

What a properly driven, lightly modified 600 will do in the quarter.

The mods are towards the bottom of the thread, but short of some suspension work (lower) an exhaust and a different computer, a high 9 is an impressive run from a 600. Not to mention they actually ADDED weight and kept the stock swingarm.R6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast