How fast is a WRX @16psi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How fast is a WRX @16psi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering cause I just got my vr4 running not long ago. I have been running only 6psi for break ...

How fast is a WRX @16psi

Just wondering cause I just got my vr4 running not long ago. I have been running only 6psi for break in. Anyway I did a little highway roll with a WRX who said he was running 16psi. We were pretty damn even, which supprised me, I thought he would have walked me hard.

Anyway I was just wondering what stock boost is, and how much faster a mostly stock wrk at 16 psi is?
    1994 3000GT VR-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the car is stock other than a MBC, you could be seeing right around or possibly right under 14 sec 1/4 mile times.

I've seen 13.7 @ 99 w/uppipe and MBC.

It's hard to say how fast a WRX with just a boost controller can be. Personaly, I have seen a WRX with just a mbc, k&n filter and a strait pipe (replaced the muffler with a strait pipe) run a 13.3 @ 100 mph. On the other hand, I ran 13.5's with the same mods.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

what..........
    if u have a VR4 u should have walked on him from a roll even if he had a MBC and a uppipe.....

notice he's only running 6psi for now though...hence why he was expecting to get walked
    lambosv21

yeah I am not anywhere near stock, but I am only running 6psi, and it pulls pretty good around 2500 but thats it haha anyway I just cranked up the boost to 12 psi and I am pretty sure I am high 12's which has me stocked cause I am getting even bigger turbos (again) before to long and I am not even running high boost on the ones I have.

Neway I wish I could afford a WRX but I am selling my two firebirds mostly due to insurance so who knows thanks for your comments.
    1994 3000GT VR-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.