WRXs vs my GS 400
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRXs vs my GS 400 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In Atlanta, I think EVERY last WRX I have seen has raced me one way or the other. The first ...

Thumbs up WRXs vs my GS 400

In Atlanta, I think EVERY last WRX I have seen has raced me one way or the other. The first race was kinda cool. I was behind a blue one at a red light. The light turned green and the WRX took off, I punched it too! I could not get ahead and was behind about 1 car lenght but we had to stop at the next red light. I looked over and waved (I had 1 passenger too) and it was a LADY!!!1 She waved back and we went our seperate ways...

The REAL RACE was later that night. I pulled up to ANOTHER blue WRX at a red light. I knew it was on cause the guy started rolling his car, so I did too, we are UNDER the light, and we TOOK OFF at about 5 mph....Well we were DEAD EVEN but he shifted and I WAS GONE!!! I was ahead a solid length/2 lengths before we came to the next light. I looked over to wave but this
    d!ckhead REFUSED to look over so that is why he got his butt whooped....

BTW I love the WRX, great ride!
    Allow myself to introduce myself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome job man, cool to see some lexus ppl on the board. what have u done to your car? i dont know much about the gs400, but how fast is it stock compared to the wrx?

arent the GS400s like 'the fastest (auto) sedan' or something... BMW 540i/M5 have it beat in manual though... It would be fun though to race a GS400...

-Mike

Mike@roadfly.com

You finally got that race you wanted! Cool.

Just so you know, I would've smoked ya. Just kidding.

It's a shame the dude was a punk and didn't look over. His mistake was racing from a roll. He obviously didn't know how to make the rex pull a <2.0s 60'. Maybe it was an automatic (blah!).
    I guess we'll never know.

haha. Not even a super subie can save a bad driver from 1SICKLEX.

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 02-03-2002 at 03:10 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    one lexus i am worried about is the is300. that thing, with a few mods, would HAUL. now that the manual version is out, the aftermarket is gonna explode real soon. stock they don't run too fast, but i've seen some w/ turbos and SC's that (from what i heard) run in the 12's

NAH,

Not even worth worrying about. If we beat them stock for stock, then mod for mod shouldn't be an issue. If you consider $ for $, then which car comes out on top?

It was funny, when I got my Rex, a friend of a friend got an IS300. He said to my friend, "Is the WRX as fast as my IS300?" He was like, "Dude, he would kill you in race."

BTW, we've got a whole thread devoted to the WRX vs. IS300. Check it out.

-Jim

Well your WRX's would give the IS it's butt in a straight line and in the twisties it would be a great race. Have to wait for the Supercharged IS 300 (305 hp on tap) for a true WRX vs IS race...

The one race vs a M5 (in Florida topped out to 150 mph) the M5 handed me my A$$, he was going like 170, I could not read his plates......Beat a 540 6-speed (dude could not shift) and have had some wonderful races with auto 540s....

GS 400 rated at 300hp and 310 lbs torque, fastes 0-60 recorded 5.7 sec. I have Borla exhaust, upgraded cross-drilled brakes, L-tuned ECU, STB, and other minor things.....

I once tried to catch up with a yellow WRX but I could not catch up for $hit, that dude was going in and out of lanes like nothing.

Spoken with (another blue one) WRX owner at a light,he had the gold STI rims, cool dude.

Me and my ClubLexus buds will be at the track in Comerce, GA February 23rd to do 1/4 mile times etc....your welcome to join!

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
    Well your WRX's would give the IS it's butt in a straight line and in the twisties it would be a great race. Have to wait for the Supercharged IS 300 (305 hp on tap) for a true WRX vs IS race...

The one race vs a M5 (in Florida topped out to 150 mph) the M5 handed me my A$$, he was going like 170, I could not read his plates......Beat a 540 6-speed (dude could not shift) and have had some wonderful races with auto 540s....

GS 400 rated at 300hp and 310 lbs torque, fastes 0-60 recorded 5.7 sec. I have Borla exhaust, upgraded cross-drilled brakes, L-tuned ECU, STB, and other minor things.....

I once tried to catch up with a yellow WRX but I could not catch up for $hit, that dude was going in and out of lanes like nothing.

Spoken with (another blue one) WRX owner at a light,he had the gold STI rims, cool dude.

Me and my ClubLexus buds will be at the track in Comerce, GA February 23rd to do 1/4 mile times etc....your welcome to join!

Do u visit www.is300.net ?? this guy seems to think he bought his IS300 for its 'luxury' or something... seemed a lil funny to me. He would fit in well in my old fav home www.roadfly.com

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic...294479&forum=1

-Mike
    Mike@roadfly.com

Lightbulb

Well to the IS 300s defense, everybody from Acura type-s to WRX to Buicks to Altimas etc all wanna race it CAUSE THEY KNOW it is not the fastest sedan. And they can brag to all their friends that they beat a "Lexus" That is what Big Brother GS 400 is for. Considering it sold 31k cars first year and it is not as fast as the competition (where it seems quick 0-60 is the only factor in being a car) the IS 300 must be A-Okay......

Some people are big headed about the IS 300 being a "Lexus" as some people are with the WRX being a speed demon.

I Support ClubWRX
    i just happen to like the IS300 because it looks really cool. the interior is tight, and the new manual version looks even better

Well to the IS 300s defense, everybody from Acura type-s to WRX to Buicks to Altimas etc all wanna race it CAUSE THEY KNOW it is not the fastest sedan. And they can brag to all their friends that they beat a "Lexus" That is what Big Brother GS 400 is for. Considering it sold 31k cars first year and it is not as fast as the competition (where it seems quick 0-60 is the only factor in being a car) the IS 300 must be A-Okay......

Some people are big headed about the IS 300 being a "Lexus" as some people are with the WRX being a speed demon.
    Hey Sicklex, you sound awefully nice here at the WRX forum, I wish you had taken the same tone with us when you were bashing the WRX in the RSX forum...

Damn lexus owners picking on poor little scoobies ( innocent too )!

Yeah I know, IS300 is not all that fast. With the new manual version it might be faster, but still not fast enough. Most of people bought it for luxury. Like a lot of BMW 323-325 owners.

Unhappy

I don't recall bashing the WRX anywhere. If I did post the link please.

I don't recall bashing the WRX anywhere. If I did post the link please.
    Club RSX. You weren't exactly "bashing", but your tone wasn't exactly "friendly"

I don't really care, but I hope your attitude here is a little bit different here. I was discussing with another gentleman about a race that took place between a GS400 and a GS 430, and we did have good runs against a GS400 but not a GS 430. You seemed to not liked that idea very much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.