My first kills

This is a discussion on My first kills within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just finished breaking in my new 03 so I took her out to learn how to launch her. I ...

My first kills

I just finished breaking in my new 03 so I took her out to learn how to launch her. I have been driving FWD all my life (my driving life anyway) and I still am having a little trouble adjusting to the AWD launch. In my other cars you had to watch how much juice you gave her off the line. The rex is more dump and go... but I don't want to break her.

It seems that I am also having a little trouble adjusting to being a target. My rex seems to have a big red "race me" bulls eye painted on the rear end. Not that I really mind. Its kind of fun looking over and waving to the guys driving 35,000+ cars as they rev thier engines.

Anyway, last night, I ate a few older model BMWs, Cavaliers (they are like rabbits here), one VW 1.8t, a few various hondas, and one mustang GT that was really unhappy.

For some reason, not too many people mod thier cars here. The most you see are coffee can exhaust that you can fit you head into.

Yeah, I know. Not really exciting. But my fiance is tired of listening to me and I had to brag somewhere

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Cool!

You deserve it, you got a WRX!
    Keep it safe and sane and you'll make the crossover from FWD to AWD smoothly.

And the reality is:

most people don't mod their cars...but reading this forum, you'd think the majority does.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

where i live they mod their car....but it aint performance wise and it aint pretty
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Re: Re: My first kills

Originally posted by junaitari
    You from Iowa?

Same thing happens here. I'm included in that not modding bunch. Mostly because of financial issues.

junaitari ,
    Which part of Iowa are you from.? I was born in Mason City and then moved to Des Moines at age 7. Graduated from Iowa State University and moved out of Iowa ever since. Parents still live in DM, though so I make it back there 2-3 times/year.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

cef
    Hey IZking, I know how you feel about the WRX having a red bull's eye on it's back. The only thing I've put on my WRX is a double deck carbon fiber spoiler and every yahoo that sees me wants to race me. One time I was heading to a Circuit City (about a 30 mi one way trip on mostly interstate) and in that time I raced a Mitsu Eclipse, a Lexus SUV, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a stinkin Honda Civic, all separate races except the Jeep and Honda, but all on the same trip. I know it aint killer competition, but these yahoos all wanted to race me, and I'm stock. The only thing I can afford right now is a K&N air filter and a Jenna Jameson bobble head doll.
    04 STI

cograts on your kills man but i would like to take a chance and give you a bit of advice on your launching. unless you feel like replacing a tranny pretty soon I wouldn't keep dumping your clutch. you have to slip it off the line. dumping, especially at 4500 rpms or higher will kill your tranny real quick.

Arrow Re: My first kills

Originally posted by lzking
    I just finished breaking in my new 03 so I took her out to learn how to launch her. I have been driving FWD all my life (my driving life anyway) and I still am having a little trouble adjusting to the AWD launch. In my other cars you had to watch how much juice you gave her off the line. The rex is more dump and go... but I don't want to break her.

It seems that I am also having a little trouble adjusting to being a target. My rex seems to have a big red "race me" bulls eye painted on the rear end. Not that I really mind. Its kind of fun looking over and waving to the guys driving 35,000+ cars as they rev thier engines.

Anyway, last night, I ate a few older model BMWs, Cavaliers (they are like rabbits here), one VW 1.8t, a few various hondas, and one mustang GT that was really unhappy.

For some reason, not too many people mod thier cars here. The most you see are coffee can exhaust that you can fit you head into.

Yeah, I know. Not really exciting. But my fiance is tired of listening to me and I had to brag somewhere

Watch out for those 02' 1.8t GTI's, i raced a chipped one(im all Stock) in 4th and 5th gear saturday night, 4th was even but 5th he pulled a little, yes i know that is no power zone for my car, but it was fun running over 140 down an open highway, tires howling and all...
    sliver 03' RX

140 mph??? hummmm

Originally posted by jugger
    140 mph??? hummmm
    i dont get it....yes our cars can go that fast
    sliver 03' RX

I'd be careful going that fast on the stock tires, seriously. I'm not exactly sure how fast they're rated but if they were humming that it not a good sign. Be careful man.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125